ImageImageImage

OT Sports, NFL, MMA, MLB, or any other sports

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,348

Re: OT - AZ Cardinals or other NFL 

Post#481 » by Revived » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:54 am

Rivers...I almost think they may have a better chance with Geno Smith than Philip for games against Andy Reid.

He wipes off a FG and likely a TD (which could've tied) because of a stupid erratic throw.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,413

Post#482 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:18 am

Revived wrote:Rivers...I almost think they may have a better chance with Geno Smith than Philip for games against Andy Reid.

He wipes off a FG and likely a TD (which could've tied) because of a stupid erratic throw.

With 2 turnovers I'm surprised they are still hanging in there.
Revived
RealGM

Post#483 » by Revived » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:35 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:Rivers...I almost think they may have a better chance with Geno Smith than Philip for games against Andy Reid.

He's lucky he only has 2, there were 2 more that should have been picked off. Keenan Allen being out isn't helping matters either.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#484 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:37 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

He's lucky he only has 2, there were 2 more that should have been picked off. Keenan Allen being out isn't helping matters either.

No, Corey Liuget out is a huge loss, but for Rivers, not having Allen or Henry is big...plus the top 2 running backs...and of course always injured Jason Verrett.

Bosa hurting us a bit with penalties, though I guess this last one actually wasn't him.

Chargers just need a big play on D...turnover or something.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#485 » by DirtyDez » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:50 am

You can’t breathe on KC receivers/backs.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Revived
RealGM

Post#486 » by Revived » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:33 am

WOW!!! WTF DID I JUST WITNESS. IS THIS REAL LIFE!!!!!!!
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout

Post#487 » by DirtyDez » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:33 am

That comeback was insane. I figured they’d score and blow the XP in typical Charger fashion but they flexed their nuts going FTW.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Revived
RealGM

Post#488 » by Revived » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:45 am

DirtyDez wrote:That comeback was insane. I figured they’d score and blow the XP in typical Charger fashion but they flexed their nuts going FTW.

I honestly would not have second guessed if the Chargers didn't convert on the 2pt conversion, the fact that Lynn had the balls to do it in itself was satisfying for me.

I'm on Chiefs forums and I'm dying laughing at their fans complaining about the refs. The refs literally did everything they could to try and give KC this game from the minute it started (as did Rivers in the first half but still).
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#489 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:12 am

Revived wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:That comeback was insane. I figured they’d score and blow the XP in typical Charger fashion but they flexed their nuts going FTW.

I honestly would not have second guessed if the Chargers didn't convert on the 2pt conversion, the fact that Lynn had the balls to do it in itself was satisfying for me.

I'm on Chiefs forums and I'm dying laughing at their fans complaining about the refs. The refs literally did everything they could to try and give KC this game from the minute it started (as did Rivers in the first half but still).

Yeah, some of those penalties against the Chargers were weak, and the non call on the Rivers helmet to helmet hit was bad (though I think they made it up with the next play that probably shouldn't have been a penalty either).

Huge confidence builder though. Hopefully they don't take the foot off the gas and Seattle beats KC.
Revived
RealGM

Post#490 » by Revived » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:53 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:

Yeah, some of those penalties against the Chargers were weak, and the non call on the Rivers helmet to helmet hit was bad (though I think they made it up with the next play that probably shouldn't have been a penalty either).

Huge confidence builder though. Hopefully they don't take the foot off the gas and Seattle beats KC.

Not only that but there was a blatant BS holding call on a 3rd and long for the Chiefs and also the Bosa facemask penalty was so bogus because it should have been intentional grounding on Mahomes.

Mahomes is crazy good but he's becoming untouchable officiating wise. Like prime Tom Brady.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#491 » by matt131 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:30 pm

Man can't believe we won this game without Keenan Allen and Melvin Gordon. Literally our two biggest offensive weapons. Great to see Mike Williams step up and even Travis Benjamin made some huge plays. It will be so helpful rolling into the playoffs with (hopefully) our two stars back healthy and the backup RBs having gotten some reps and our secondary receivers having confidence as well
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#492 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:47 pm

matt131 wrote:Man can't believe we won this game without Keenan Allen and Melvin Gordon. Literally our two biggest offensive weapons. Great to see Mike Williams step up and even Travis Benjamin made some huge plays. It will be so helpful rolling into the playoffs with (hopefully) our two stars back healthy and the backup RBs having gotten some reps and our secondary receivers having confidence as well

Funny thing is in fantasy my opponent had Gordon AND Ekeler and I had Williams who I don't usually start, but I did due to injuries, and I picked up Justin Jackson right before the game and started him. My skill players have gotten killed...had Cooper Kupp, Kareem Hunt and Jay Ayaji.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,206

Post#493 » by King4Day » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:18 pm

"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#494 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 5, 2019 9:00 pm

This is hilarious.

Read on Twitter
King4Day
RealGM

Post#495 » by King4Day » Sun Jan 6, 2019 8:44 pm

bwgood77 wrote:This is hilarious.

Read on Twitter

That's great. I'm glad he revealed himself too. If I was in that drivers situation and didn't know I was driving someone famous until after the fact, I'd be so upset.
Mischa
Junior
And1: 169

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs 

Post#496 » by Mischa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:53 am

It's a big risk, but a good one. The Cardinals are last in the league and the hire should at least maintain season ticket sales, which were headed straight in the crapper. Kingsbury will need a quality defensive coordinator (they really wanted Todd Bowles back) and O-line coach. They have the number-one pick and a ton of cap space. Kingsbury has a proven track record working with young quarterbacks and Rosen needs help (plus an O-line). Larry Fitzgerald may even be intrigued enough to come back for another year.

Michael Bidwell, the Cardinals owner was on the Gambo and Ash show this afternoon with several interesting observations. First, they have been working on this hire since November. Second, they are going back to a 3-4 defense. He was very unhappy with the switch to 4-3 and didn't think it suited the Cardinals' personnel. Third, one of the attractions of Kingsbury is that he calls his own plays like Sean Payton, Andy Reid, Matt Nagy, and Sean McVay . Bidwell said that it's a big problem getting a top OC playcaller. If they are any good, they get hired as someone else's head coach and you are back in the market for a new one, which hurts continuity.
Going hard with a new lease on life!
King4Day
RealGM

Post#497 » by King4Day » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:55 pm

Man, they update the real gm app and make it worse. And STILL no 'and 1's'. Why bother!

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout

Post#498 » by DirtyDez » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:56 pm

The Chargers and Colts really got exposed this weekend.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#499 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:28 pm

DirtyDez wrote:The Chargers and Colts really got exposed this weekend.

I think a lot of it comes down to having a bye week and two weeks to prepare, rest and home field. Many teams are very good after bye weeks in the regular season even against better opponents.

I figured the Pats would run short passing plays/screens and run the ball, rendering their great pass D meaningless. Chargers O line sucked too, so Rivers had no time.

Then, of course a team hasn't won two consecutive playoff games crossing two time zones on the road since 89. That and Rivers 0-7 against Brady, Pats winning 15 home playoff games in a row, undefeated at home this season and going for 8th straight conference championship was going to be tough.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#500 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:00 pm

WOW...a non penalty call may screw the Saints....they could have gotten a trip to the SB very likely for sure if an obvious call was made...now the Rams have a chance.

Return to Phoenix Suns