Warriors Still Prepared To Match Any Offer Sheet Signed By Patrick McCaw

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Warriors Still Prepared To Match Any Offer Sheet Signed By Patrick McCaw 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:47 pm

The Golden State Warriors remain prepared to match any offer sheet signed by Patrick McCaw in restricted free agency.

McCaw has held out in an attempt to secure a better contract with the Warriors, or to have them renounce him.

Alfonzo McKinnie has played well on the wing in the absence of McCaw.

McCaw has received interest but teams are hesitant to submit an offer sheet.

According to sources, McCaw remains in good shape working out in his hometown of St. Louis.

Via Chris Haynes/Yahoo! Sports

Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Re: Warriors Still Prepared To Match Any Offer Sheet Signed By Patrick McCaw 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:32 pm

RealGM Wiretap wrote:McCaw has received interest but teams are hesitant to submit an offer sheet.

Then they're not that interested. 0% chance she goes out with you if you don't ask. 0% chance you land McCaw if you don't present him with an offer sheet. If teams were interested they would make the offer.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,546

Post#3 » by Psubs » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:50 pm

Offer $10 million / 1 then GS matches and he becomes an UFA in 6 months. GS pays heavy taxes.
Hullajelolt
Junior
And1: 511

Post#4 » by Hullajelolt » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:27 pm

What"s so special about this guy?
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#5 » by DoItALL9 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:36 pm

Who is the agent?

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#6 » by the_process » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:47 pm

Seems to me the Kings should throw out a 3/24 offer sheet because A) they need a SF and B) even if matched they'll be taking a huge bite out of a rival team's wallet.

There's 0% chance GSW matches something that big though. Lacob would be paying about 28M for McCaw this year if he matched that, and something close to 100M over the life of that deal.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#7 » by the_process » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:50 pm

Psubs wrote:Offer $10 million / 1 then GS matches and he becomes an UFA in 6 months. GS pays heavy taxes.

I'm pretty sure RFA offer sheets have to be at least potentially 3 years in length. I also think I remember that if there's an option year, it has to be a player option and not a team option.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#8 » by hyberx » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:46 pm

Hullajelolt wrote:What"s so special about this guy?

This guy showed flashes of star potential. His game is kinda like Paul Pierce, who can do everything with good size and McCaw is a good-to-great defender especially if he adds more muscle. But he has not been consistent for his two years.

If the offer sheet is reasonable Ws would match it for his youth and potential. But McKinnie is making us forget about him (seriously I don't even remember him anymore until this article).

$10 million / year ? You can have him lol.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:47 am

hyberx wrote:

This guy showed flashes of star potential. His game is kinda like Paul Pierce, who can do everything with good size and McCaw is a good-to-great defender especially if he adds more muscle. But he has not been consistent for his two years.

If the offer sheet is reasonable Ws would match it for his youth and potential. But McKinnie is making us forget about him (seriously I don't even remember him anymore until this article).

Patrick? Is that you?

McCaw is a 2nd round pick that has played like a decent 2nd round pick. 9/3/3 PER 36. Nothing special. He was 10th in minutes on the GSW last season. Him holding out is absolutely ludicrous. He will never be a star. Good luck to him anyway.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#10 » by hyberx » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:16 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
hyberx wrote:

Patrick? Is that you?

McCaw is a 2nd round pick that has played like a decent 2nd round pick. 9/3/3 PER 36. Nothing special. He was 10th in minutes on the GSW last season. Him holding out is absolutely ludicrous. He will never be a star. Good luck to him anyway.

Oh another expert who comments on what he just read on nba.com stat session lol. Have you even ever watched a game of McCaw play? What part of "flashes of potential" and "not been consistent" don't you understand.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:13 am

hyberx wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
hyberx wrote:This guy showed flashes of star potential. His game is kinda like Paul Pierce, who can do everything with good size and McCaw is a good-to-great defender especially if he adds more muscle. But he has not been consistent for his two years.

Patrick? Is that you?

Oh another expert who comments on what he just read on nba.com stat session lol. Have you even ever watched a game of McCaw play? What part of "flashes of potential" and "not been consistent" don't you understand.

No reason to get testy. I wasn't trying to piss you off.

Your quote was "flashes of star potential" of which I have not seen. Every player in the NBA has potential. But 30 teams agree that his "star potential" is nonexistent.

My quote was that he "has played like a decent 2nd round pick." I think that's pretty accurate.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#12 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:30 am

He probably has the least amount of leverage of any RFA ever considering the GSW roster, What genius agent came up with this idea?
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#13 » by dan-man » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:04 am

He needs to be marketing himself since coming off an injury, missing an entire season can't help his marketability next summer. Just take the minimum and prepare for free agency in 2019 son.

Return to Wiretap Discussion