Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Re: The 2018 Fantasy Thread 

Post#141 » by batsmasher » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:57 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
TASTIC wrote:I haven't vetoed the trade - but can obviously see why some have shot it down.

I only really veto trades if there's collusion or obvious someone is doing a friend a 'favour'.

I'm a firm believer if the person/side that people are vetoing it for - ie "Harrell isn't on Klay's level" - but the person who offered it is on the 'inferior' side and they proposed it, then it should stand. It's not on us to 'save' someone from a trade we think they're getting screwed in, when THEY proposed the deal and are happy with it.

It's not really that lop-sided - would be more even in H2H, but even in roto, Harrell has him (easily) in FG%, REB, BLK. AST/STL are a wash (surprisingly), Klay obviously creams him in PTS, 3PT, FT%. Couple that with blocks being the hardest stat to find (1.8 per), along with a big that gets you a steal a game and is 4 years younger. Klay is better now, no argument there.

Maybe add a pick swap to even it out? Something like a 1st for a 3rd?

I guess looking at batsmasher's standing rankings, being 1st in 3s and high in points, but lower in %s, boards and blocks, combined with Klay's %s dropping this year, it's not as lopsided a trade or as bad of trade as it first looks, particularly if batsmasher proposed it.

Yeah I'm high in 3s and Klay is the only player other than PG who doesn't fit my team age wise.

Trade value is tough in this league because some people (like me) already have their 8 keepers. It means I can't receive more keepers than I send.

Sure wheezy could add someone like LouWill to this deal but unless I trade another keeper away he'd only be a rental for this season.

Which leaves us adding a pick swap to the deal. And pick swaps don't come cheap - everyone thinks their first rounder is worth an arm and a leg.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,366

Post#142 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:23 pm

batsmasher wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
TASTIC wrote:I haven't vetoed the trade - but can obviously see why some have shot it down.

I only really veto trades if there's collusion or obvious someone is doing a friend a 'favour'.

I'm a firm believer if the person/side that people are vetoing it for - ie "Harrell isn't on Klay's level" - but the person who offered it is on the 'inferior' side and they proposed it, then it should stand. It's not on us to 'save' someone from a trade we think they're getting screwed in, when THEY proposed the deal and are happy with it.

It's not really that lop-sided - would be more even in H2H, but even in roto, Harrell has him (easily) in FG%, REB, BLK. AST/STL are a wash (surprisingly), Klay obviously creams him in PTS, 3PT, FT%. Couple that with blocks being the hardest stat to find (1.8 per), along with a big that gets you a steal a game and is 4 years younger. Klay is better now, no argument there.

Maybe add a pick swap to even it out? Something like a 1st for a 3rd?

I guess looking at batsmasher's standing rankings, being 1st in 3s and high in points, but lower in %s, boards and blocks, combined with Klay's %s dropping this year, it's not as lopsided a trade or as bad of trade as it first looks, particularly if batsmasher proposed it.

Yeah I'm high in 3s and Klay is the only player other than PG who doesn't fit my team age wise.

Trade value is tough in this league because some people (like me) already have their 8 keepers. It means I can't receive more keepers than I send.

Sure wheezy could add someone like LouWill to this deal but unless I trade another keeper away he'd only be a rental for this season.

Which leaves us adding a pick swap to the deal. And pick swaps don't come cheap - everyone thinks their first rounder is worth an arm and a leg.

Yeah, a 1st for a 3rd is too much. I was thinking after reading that maybe like a 3rd for a 4th or something..or 2nd for 3rd.
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#143 » by batsmasher » Sat Dec 1, 2018 10:25 pm

Trades:

Premier League:

Ulquiorra sends Andre Drummond and De'Aaron Fox to his bro for Dame Lillard and Jarett Allen

Dynasty:

2 trades for wheezy

Deandre Ayton and Lou Williams + 2nd rd pick for Victor Oladipo + 4th round pick (Ulquiorra)
Montrezl Harrell and a 1st rnd pick for Klay Thompson, Larry Nance and a 2nd round pick (me)

I will change the pick Ulquiorra sends after the trade gets through.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#144 » by wheezy » Sat Dec 1, 2018 10:28 pm

batsmasher wrote:Trades:

Premier League:

Ulquiorra sends Andre Drummond and De'Aaron Fox to his bro for Dame Lillard and Jarett Allen

Dynasty:

2 trades for wheezy

Deandre Ayton and Lou Williams + my 2nd rd pick for Victor Oladipo + 4th!!! round pick (Ulquiorra)
Montrezl Harrell and a 2019 1st for Klay Thompson, Larry Nance and a 2019 2nd (me)

Ulq made a mistake on the picks in the trade. Correct me if I'm wrong though!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#145 » by bwgood77 » Sat Dec 1, 2018 11:40 pm

Premier League:

Dynasty:

2 trades for wheezy

Deandre Ayton and Lou Williams + 2nd rd pick for Victor Oladipo + 3rd round pick (Ulquiorra)
Montrezl Harrell and a 1st rnd pick for Klay Thompson, Larry Nance and a 2nd round pick (me)

Those all sound fair. Larry Nance is interesting. I have him in one league and he is up and down, but he has a lot of skills. Hard to know when to play though.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,342

Post#146 » by sunskerr » Sun Dec 2, 2018 6:33 am

Made this parody/meme because I've pretty much had it with Jokic https://www.captiongenerator.com/1197202/Hitler-reacts-to-drafting-Nikola-Jokic
Kobe>Jordan>God
Analyst
And1: 871

Post#147 » by Kobe>Jordan>God » Sun Dec 2, 2018 8:17 am

My Premier League team KJG has been stuck at the bottom in 13th place all season, and now in just the span of 9 days, I've moved from 13th to 4th!

Thank you whoever dropped Bogdanovic! (...and Kriss Dunn's returning soon as well.)
ImageImage
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#148 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 8:42 pm

wheezy wrote:

Premier League:

Dynasty:

2 trades for wheezy

Deandre Ayton and Lou Williams + my 2nd rd pick for Victor Oladipo + 4th!!! round pick (Ulquiorra)
Montrezl Harrell and a 2019 1st for Klay Thompson, Larry Nance and a 2019 2nd (me)

What the heck is this trade?

Players to Trade from...

The Fresh Princes
2019 Draft Picks
Round 2 (traded from Ulquiorra)

Players to Trade from...

Ulquiorra
2019 Draft Picks
Round 4

A 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick? Are you saying above that this is a secondary trade to the first one that was only for the players? Why can you not include everything in one trade?

Just a little confusing because I saw like 5-7 trades being made by various people.
wheezy
Rookie

Post#149 » by wheezy » Tue Dec 4, 2018 9:05 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
wheezy wrote:

Premier League:

Dynasty:

2 trades for wheezy

Players to Trade from...

The Fresh Princes
2019 Draft Picks

Players to Trade from...

Ulquiorra
2019 Draft Picks
Round 4

A 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick? Are you saying above that this is a secondary trade to the first one that was only for the players? Why can you not include everything in one trade?

Just a little confusing because I saw like 5-7 trades being made by various people.

Fixing the pick exchange mistake from the first trade. See the original post batsmasher made. The picks involved before were screwed up (swapped 2nd round picks instead of the agreed upon 2nd for a 4th rounder). We figured it could be handled after the trade went through, which we couldn't so we're doing it this way.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#150 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 9:09 pm

wheezy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
wheezy wrote:Ulq made a mistake on the picks in the trade. Correct me if I'm wrong though!

Players to Trade from...

The Fresh Princes
2019 Draft Picks

Players to Trade from...

Ulquiorra
2019 Draft Picks
Round 4

Fixing the pick exchange mistake from the first trade. See the original post batsmasher made. The picks involved before were screwed up (swapped 2nd round picks instead of the agreed upon 2nd for a 4th rounder). We figured it could be handled after the trade went through, which we couldn't so we're doing it this way.

How did you cancel the picks on the first trade?
wheezy
Rookie

Post#151 » by wheezy » Tue Dec 4, 2018 9:58 pm

We didn't cancel the picks. This second trade is just fixing the error from the first trade.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,329

Post#152 » by TASTIC » Fri Dec 7, 2018 12:46 am

Brandon Ingram can kiss the fattest part of my arse.

So much potential but he just can't get it together at the same time. Is it too difficult to expect 75% from the line and 1.5x 3pters?
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#153 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Dec 7, 2018 3:50 am

Hey somehow my Yahoo app opened in my pocket and it said I've successfully dropped Derrick Rose in Dynasty - anyway I can undo this?
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
KopLegend
Sixth Man
And1: 197

Post#154 » by KopLegend » Fri Dec 7, 2018 5:08 am

MrMiyagi wrote:Hey somehow my Yahoo app opened in my pocket and it said I've successfully dropped Derrick Rose in Dynasty - anyway I can undo this?

Haha I just saw this and was like :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#155 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 7, 2018 5:21 am

MrMiyagi wrote:Hey somehow my Yahoo app opened in my pocket and it said I've successfully dropped Derrick Rose in Dynasty - anyway I can undo this?

You must play some impressive pool in the pocket.
Kobe>Jordan>God
Analyst
And1: 871

Post#156 » by Kobe>Jordan>God » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:35 pm

TASTIC wrote:Brandon Ingram can kiss the fattest part of my arse.

So much potential but he just can't get it together at the same time. Is it too difficult to expect 75% from the line and 1.5x 3pters?

FYI - there are two IL slots in the premier league, so you could have held on to Valanciunas. Or move Love to that free IL and add another warm body...
ImageImage
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,329

Post#157 » by TASTIC » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:21 pm

Kobe>Jordan>God wrote:
TASTIC wrote:Brandon Ingram can kiss the fattest part of my arse.

FYI - there are two IL slots in the premier league, so you could have held on to Valanciunas. Or move Love to that free IL and add another warm body...

Already have Barton in one slot.

But Valanciunas hasn't done anything like I thought he'd do this year even when healthy
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#158 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:46 am

The injuries to my dynasty team are ridiculous. There is next to no chance I can meet the activity levels...what are they again? There should be some sort of exception for injuries regarding this. Five of my keepers are out...one or maybe two out for the season and the others out for a while.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#159 » by MathiasPW » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:22 pm

You can trade them for active players or just have no Bench at all and rotate active keepers with available FA daily to make sure you play as many games possible.

Nevertheless, I think it's sensible to open some exception based on "% of injured days" by a squad, as doing team management just to reach minimal activity level seems nonsense.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#160 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:33 pm

bwgood77 wrote:The injuries to my dynasty team are ridiculous. There is next to no chance I can meet the activity levels...what are they again? There should be some sort of exception for injuries regarding this. Five of my keepers are out...one or maybe two out for the season and the others out for a while.
Yeah you're team is wrecked by injury. Kind of happy you didn't take my kuz for Porter offer :)

Doesn't leaving an injured player in your lineup count as a game played and satisfy the activity rule?

If not I'm fine with an exception.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Phoenix Suns