Zion Williamson: Playing 41 Games At Madison Square Garden Would Be 'Incredible'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Zion Williamson: Playing 41 Games At Madison Square Garden Would Be 'Incredible' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:07 am

Zion Williamson was impressed by the atmosphere at Madison Square Garden in Duke's 69-58 win over Texas Tech.

Williamson added, "this is the Garden. A lot of greats have come through here. My favorite great to come through here was probably Bernard King because my stepdad talked about him a lot how he just put the ball in the basket...playing 41 games here wouldn't be so bad".

Williamson finished with 17 points and 13 rebounds in the game with several NBA executives, including Knicks president Steve Mills, in attendance.

Via Jeff Borzello/ESPN

WuriderX
Junior
And1: 403

Re: Zion Williamson: Playing 41 Games At Madison Square Garden Would Be 'Incredible' 

Post#2 » by WuriderX » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:42 am

I am not sold on this kid. I got a bad feeling and I hope my Hawks don't take him.
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Re: Zion Williamson: Playing 41 Games At Madison Square Garden Would Be 'Incredible' 

Post#3 » by gh123 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:55 am

Pathetic statline.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#4 » by Pennebaker » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:12 am

For those not sold on Zion: You guys are haters and morons.

About Zion's comments on MSG: That is customary. Madison Square Garden is still considered the Mecca of basketball and the longer the Knicks go without winning a title the more holy the arena will become.
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#5 » by Taget » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:51 pm

41 games. So he's already given up on the playoffs.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#6 » by streets talking » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:53 pm

Hes just been a professional and stayed humble and praised every places hes been
I saw him this summer play in canada and then say positive stuff about that country
That doesnt mean hes going to toronto anytime soon
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#7 » by Maf » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:59 pm

WuriderX wrote:I am not sold on this kid. I got a bad feeling and I hope my Hawks don't take him.

You can be at ease. Your Hawks are so dumb they trade Luka for Young so don't be afraid they'd pick the right guy.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#8 » by Maf » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:01 pm

Btw I know I am tired but how do you translate My favorite great to come through here was probably Bernard King because my stepdad talked about him a lot how he just put the ball in the basket...playing 41 games here wouldn't be so bad". into Playing 41 Games At Madison Square Garden Would Be 'Incredible' :crazy:
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#9 » by luss54321 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:45 am

Pennebaker wrote:For those not sold on Zion: You guys are haters and morons.

About Zion's comments on MSG: That is customary. Madison Square Garden is still considered the Mecca of basketball and the longer the Knicks go without winning a title the more holy the arena will become.

Nobody outside of NY thinks MSG is the Mecca of basketball. The rest of the basketball world looks at the entire Knicks organization as a running joke. The Knicks are hot trash and they always have been. TD Garden (Boston), the United Center (Chicago), and Staples Center (Los Angeles) are historic stadiums where fans witnessed true greatness. MSG? Not so much.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#10 » by Pennebaker » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:19 am

luss54321 wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:For those not sold on Zion: You guys are haters and morons.

Nobody outside of NY thinks MSG is the Mecca of basketball. The rest of the basketball world looks at the entire Knicks organization as a running joke. The Knicks are hot trash and they always have been. TD Garden (Boston), the United Center (Chicago), and Staples Center (Los Angeles) are historic stadiums where fans witnessed true greatness. MSG? Not so much.

"Nobody outside of NY thinks MSG is the Mecca of basketball"

You're stupid.

Return to Wiretap Discussion