Where will Anthony Davis play to begin the 19-20 season?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Where will Anthony Davis play to begin the 19-20 season? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:13 pm

1. Pelicans
2. Lakers
3. Celtics
4. Other
GuessWhoNot
Freshman
And1: 2

Re: Where will Anthony Davis play to begin the 19-20 season? 

Post#2 » by GuessWhoNot » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:31 am

Lakers?!?! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

AD isn't gonna want to play under LeBron's shadow and become his new scapegoat. He has a goal to become the greatest player in the world. And he's not gonna do that wearing the purple and gold.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#3 » by dan-man » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:04 am

After the Paul George and Leonard forced trades, who the F knows? Anyone who pretends to know, is just well, pretending.
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by dan-man » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:04 am

GuessWhoNot wrote:Lakers?!?! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

AD isn't gonna want to play under LeBron's shadow and become his new scapegoat. He has a goal to become the greatest player in the world. And he's not gonna do that wearing the purple and gold.

Wise up Son. Lebron is old and it could be the perfect transition from a dominant team with LBJ to AD's next chapter in LA.
chadm2423
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#5 » by chadm2423 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:18 pm

He wants to be the #1, not #2. He is staying in NO or building a superteam in NY. Kills me to say this as a Heat fan.
nicbatum
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#6 » by nicbatum » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:38 pm

He would look nice in blazer uniform.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 232

Post#7 » by tigerae » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:15 am

dan-man wrote:

Wise up Son. Lebron is old and it could be the perfect transition from a dominant team with LBJ to AD's next chapter in LA.

Not to mention the Lakers can still sign another max player this coming off-season prior to a trade for Davis, giving AD a second star to play with once LeBron hangs it up and have a 3 star lineup for the next few years to content for championships for a long time.
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by dan-man » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:19 am

tigerae wrote:
dan-man wrote:

Not to mention the Lakers can still sign another max player this coming off-season prior to a trade for Davis, giving AD a second star to play with once LeBron hangs it up and have a 3 star lineup for the next few years to content for championships for a long time.

Well, yeah... but then you have the Warriors B. Top heavy and no depth... Is what it is! Kobe & Shaq did it. The Warriors are doing it, kinda. With that said, Jeannie should go DEEP into the luxury tax if she needs to. Its not like she or anyone else in her family earned that money. #thanksdad
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 232

Post#9 » by tigerae » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:53 am

chadm2423 wrote:He wants to be the #1, not #2. He is staying in NO or building a superteam in NY. Kills me to say this as a Heat fan.

AD has been talking about making a legacy, so unless NO does something drastic to add another superstar and some much needed help, he will be taking his talents elsewhere, sooner rather than later. The Knicks are a mess and already have a very similar player in KP so I'm not sure how that will work.

AD isn't a free agent next summer so the Knicks would have to trade for him and they have nothing really that NO would want outside of KP but I don't see NY wanting to give up KP. They have a few decent young pieces, but nothing compared to the young pieces the Lakers and Celtics have.

The only realistic teams in the hunt for a trade are the Celtics and the Lakers. They have lots of young talent they can provide NO along with picks and cash. It will then come down to who provides the best offer for NO and that will depend on if AD wants to stay with the Celtics or Lakers long term. If he does, either or both teams will try to outbid anyone else that would like to get in on the action because of the assets they have.

AD does hold some leverage similar to PG13 and Kawhi, by telling teams he will sign elsewhere come the following summer. Maybe even more important is that unlike PG13 and Kawhi, he also has a trade kicker of 4.1 million that NO would have to pay in a trade during the summer. He can opt to remove the kicker if he is traded to the team of his choice which would make NO try to work more with the team or teams of his choice to get the best deal from them rather than look elsewhere and get more cash.

Of course, some team could be willing to trade one of their own superstar for an AD rental (as the Raptors did) to top anything the Celtics or Lakers can give and hope they can convince him to stick around after one year but it has to be the perfection situation. Some far fetched examples would be Ben Simmons/Karl Anthony Towns/PG13 for AD. It is very unlikely that a team would give up so much without a guarantee, though. Especially teams like Minnesota or OKC where it will he hard to sell their cities to AD as a place to live during the season.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#10 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:43 am

The media has no credibility. They manufacture the news. They fail to report it. There's nothing to see here except wishful thinking of LA fans and Media who want something to write about.
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#11 » by colaroaster » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:42 am

LBJ's comment "it would be amazing to play with AD" then AD's response "i could really careless" sounds similar to other stars not wanted to join LBJ i.e. pg13, Durant, Kyrie, etc. Durant calling Lebron toxic is about as real as real gets. LBJ calling NFL owners slave owners and calling-out "Jew money" doesn't help his cause. Kinda makes sense why no-one chased a ring to join him in Cleveland.
Lee in Oregon
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#12 » by Lee in Oregon » Thu Jan 3, 2019 6:18 am

He'll be looking good in Green. Kyrie-Davis-Tatum will be the next BIG 3.
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#13 » by BigTex » Fri Jan 4, 2019 2:58 am

I think it’s foolish to speculate until we see how this summer’s free agency class chokes out. Davis doesn’t seem like the type to force a trade. And he’s seemed to do everything in his power to appear uninterested in a trade. Looks like a guy who wants to keep all his options open for as long as possible. Smart.
LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,333

Post#14 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Sun Jan 6, 2019 6:08 am

Way too many people are voting LA here. Just like with the Spurs and Kawhi, NO would much rather trade him to the East if they have to trade him. Unlike with Kawhi, AD hasn't even demanded a trade, publically said he wants to play in LA, and isn't coming off an injury. Unless AD both gets an injury and demands a trade to LA, the offers for him will be far better than the offers the Spurs got for Kawhi.

Given that NO can get good offers from East coast teams, why would they bother trading him to LA who doesn't even have an all-star level player to offer for him? It makes 0 sense from their perspective.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#15 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Jan 6, 2019 11:00 pm

LuckyLeprechaun wrote:Way too many people are voting LA here. Just like with the Spurs and Kawhi, NO would much rather trade him to the East if they have to trade him. Unlike with Kawhi, AD hasn't even demanded a trade, publically said he wants to play in LA, and isn't coming off an injury. Unless AD both gets an injury and demands a trade to LA, the offers for him will be far better than the offers the Spurs got for Kawhi.

Given that NO can get good offers from East coast teams, why would they bother trading him to LA who doesn't even have an all-star level player to offer for him? It makes 0 sense from their perspective.

I don't know if your correct about BOS being able to offer the best package and an know your not correct about them caring which conference they trade him to... they will take the best return, regardless of conference. Lebron teams have a history of mortgaging future for the present. I could see them giving NOP their choice of three of these four Kuzma/Ingram/Hart/Ball. Maybe even all four.

None of those guys are All-Stars but the only All-Star BOS might give up is Horford, who is too old to be the center of a rebuild.

I personally voted for NOP. I am not a NOP fan... I'm just bored of lopsided NBA seasons. It would be nice to see him stick it out!
LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,333

Post#16 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Sun Jan 6, 2019 11:40 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
LuckyLeprechaun wrote:Way too many people are voting LA here. Just like with the Spurs and Kawhi, NO would much rather trade him to the East if they have to trade him. Unlike with Kawhi, AD hasn't even demanded a trade, publically said he wants to play in LA, and isn't coming off an injury. Unless AD both gets an injury and demands a trade to LA, the offers for him will be far better than the offers the Spurs got for Kawhi.

I don't know if your correct about BOS being able to offer the best package and an know your not correct about them caring which conference they trade him to... they will take the best return, regardless of conference. Lebron teams have a history of mortgaging future for the present. I could see them giving NOP their choice of three of these four Kuzma/Ingram/Hart/Ball. Maybe even all four.

None of those guys are All-Stars but the only All-Star BOS might give up is Horford, who is too old to be the center of a rebuild.

I personally voted for NOP. I am not a NOP fan... I'm just bored of lopsided NBA seasons. It would be nice to see him stick it out!

I never said anything about BOS having the best package. I personally could see NO preferring a package with a current all-star the way the Spurs did when they got DeRozan. Something like Beal+the Wiz pick or one of Embiid/Simmons for AD makes sense as well. If the Lakers package was light years ahead of every other offer then yes, they would take that but there's no reason to believe that the Lakers offer is going to be significantly ahead of everyone elses. They have no good draft picks to offer and none of their young players are all star level. AD is an MVP candidate, he is worth at least an All-star caliber player.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#17 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Jan 7, 2019 12:51 am

LuckyLeprechaun wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

I never said anything about BOS having the best package. I personally could see NO preferring a package with a current all-star the way the Spurs did when they got DeRozan. Something like Beal+the Wiz pick or one of Embiid/Simmons for AD makes sense as well. If the Lakers package was light years ahead of every other offer then yes, they would take that but there's no reason to believe that the Lakers offer is going to be significantly ahead of everyone elses. They have no good draft picks to offer and none of their young players are all star level. AD is an MVP candidate, he is worth at least an All-star caliber player.

LOL, that's true. I combined my thoughts about two comments into one response. :D

Embiid maybe, if you believe in his ability to stay healthy. But Simmons or Beal plus a pick aren't nearly enough. Simmons can't shoot and it's starting to look silly. Beal is essentially CJ McCollum... not an All-Star in the West.

How about Beal/Porter for AD/Solomon Hill?

Return to Polls Discussion