ImageImageImageImageImage

3 on 5, I predict Warriors will not win another championship

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

zhuangcorp
Junior
And1: 65

3 on 5, I predict Warriors will not win another championship 

Post#1 » by zhuangcorp » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:34 am

Every game they play, it becomes painfully more obvious that the Warriors are not a championship team anymore. I dont think they will ever win a championship again for the following reasons:

1) Draymond Green has regressed tremendously, and is more liability than asset. On any given night, I think warriors would do better if Draymond played for the other team. Having Draymond Green on the court allows 5 on 3 defense. Its not even fair, and its embarrassing at this point. No post skills, no shooting skills, no penetration ability.
2)After this season, with the mess that warriors are in, I dont see Durant re-signing. Without Durant, it will be hard to win.
3) Core players of the past are past their peak. Iguodola and Livingston are not the same anymore. Klay Thompson may return to form next season, but I dont expect a big turnover this season. Again, the biggest reason Thompson is playing poorly this year is because teams are ignoring Draymond to guard Klay extra tightly. And without Javale Mcgee, there is almost no offense in the painted area. Javale really opened up the court more than anybody would expect, and it was a huge mistake to let him go.

The only hopes at continued success this year I see are:

1) Cousins comes back and is at least 80% of his former self. I view this as unlikely. Steve Kerr even said Cousins isn't close to being in form.
2) Warriors sign Brook Lopez and bench Draymond Green.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Re: 3 on 5, I predict Warriors will not win another championship 

Post#2 » by likashing » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:52 am

What’s up with all these people making new accounts to tell us we won’t be winning 4 rings in 5 years?

Which rock have they been under before?
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#3 » by cdubbz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:15 am

I don't mind these threads. I don't agree with all points but it shows the Warriors are noticeably not themselves and fans know it...the league knows it.

It's exciting to see how Meyers and the team turns this around to try and get the 3peat.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#4 » by Coxy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:33 am

zhuangcorp wrote:Every game they play, it becomes painfully more obvious that the Warriors are not a championship team anymore. I dont think they will ever win a championship again for the following reasons:

1) Draymond Green has regressed tremendously, and is more liability than asset. On any given night, I think warriors would do better if Draymond played for the other team. Having Draymond Green on the court allows 5 on 3 defense. Its not even fair, and its embarrassing at this point. No post skills, no shooting skills, no penetration ability.
2)After this season, with the mess that warriors are in, I dont see Durant re-signing. Without Durant, it will be hard to win.
3) Core players of the past are past their peak. Iguodola and Livingston are not the same anymore. Klay Thompson may return to form next season, but I dont expect a big turnover this season. Again, the biggest reason Thompson is playing poorly this year is because teams are ignoring Draymond to guard Klay extra tightly. And without Javale Mcgee, there is almost no offense in the painted area. Javale really opened up the court more than anybody would expect, and it was a huge mistake to let him go.

The only hopes at continued success this year I see are:

1) Cousins comes back and is at least 80% of his former self. I view this as unlikely. Steve Kerr even said Cousins isn't close to being in form.
2) Warriors sign Brook Lopez and bench Draymond Green.

Good for you zhuangcorp, lol.

I think mummy is calling you to put on your jammies and hop into bed. Don’t forget your barbie doll for cuddles.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#5 » by Mylie10 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:23 am

It's funny....last year with West, MgGee, Zaza, Young, and others, we heard many of the same complaints we are hearing now. Lots of lamenting about how we won't be able to turn it on and off.

We can say that Houston was going to beat us last year, but I don't believe it. We got it done, and I believe we'll get it done this year.

As for Myers....the guy is solid. He's obviously not perfect, but he's genuine. And many of the decisions with player movement and contracts are not all his decision. It's usually some sort of consensus, with Myers making the choice and having to live with the consequences.

Also picking at the end of the draft, and having little cap space to work with, often has you in a hit or miss situation with those players. So to be overly critical is lame when we have been winning championships.

Zhuancorp.....I think you need to rethink trying to become a REALGM
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,302

Post#6 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:58 am

I never took the Houston threat seriously. They got one out of his mind making shots you want him taking quarter out of CP3 to keep the series alive at game 5. If he misses any of those crazy shots we are up 3-2 and close them out at home in 6. We were NEVER losing a 7 game series to that team. It’s science.

And that was even with Steph limping into the playoffs
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#7 » by Little Digger » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:49 pm

Houston was going to beat us last summer..They were the better team.

Warriors were never dominate last season or this one.

Injuries have always been the #1 factor when it comes to how many titles each franchise has..If Bill Walton stays healthy his Blazers teams win 5+..Portland might have also been the dominate team over these last 10 years..

The list of NBA what might have been’s is even longer than my willy whacker.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#8 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:17 am

I’ll bet you your account that the Ws win the title this year. Loser has to turn over their login to the winner, who gets to use it as a burner account (KD style) for 2019-2020
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#9 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:18 am

And no creating a new account. Loser doesn’t post for the year while the winner gets to use them as a sock puppet.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#10 » by Little Digger » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:27 am

Sleepy51 wrote:And no creating a new account. Looser doesn’t post for the year while the winner gets to use them as a sock puppet.
well the rockets won’t be nearly as good in this season’s playoffs..who else is there in the West? but I’m willing to go in as the dog..not much to lose ..you have a bet!! Go Raptors!!
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#11 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:35 am

I knew you couldn’t resist a good gamble!

Don’t worry about being the dog. This is straight up, no excuses or injury outs. If Steph gets abducted by aliens I’m still on the hook.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#12 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:39 am

<Sleepy begins injecting Boogie Cousins with a cocktail of anabolic steroids, amphibian DNA, CBD oils and Adrian Peterson’s stem cells>
zhuangcorp
Junior

Post#13 » by zhuangcorp » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:10 am

Mylie10 wrote:It's funny....last year with West, MgGee, Zaza, Young, and others, we heard many of the same complaints we are hearing now. Lots of lamenting about how we won't be able to turn it on and off.

We can say that Houston was going to beat us last year, but I don't believe it. We got it done, and I believe we'll get it done this year.

As for Myers....the guy is solid. He's obviously not perfect, but he's genuine. And many of the decisions with player movement and contracts are not all his decision. It's usually some sort of consensus, with Myers making the choice and having to live with the consequences.

Also picking at the end of the draft, and having little cap space to work with, often has you in a hit or miss situation with those players. So to be overly critical is lame when we have been winning championships.

Honestly, I think we got very lucky last year in the Houston series.

1) It went to game 7. So if were so good, why do we need 7 games?
2) Chris Paul was injured. How would we have faired if Steph or KD was injured?
3) Rockets missed something like 20 or 30 3-point shots in a row. We needed a historically bad shooting slump from the Rockets to barely get by.

I wouldn't be resting on our laurels. This year, Bucks, Raptors, and a bunch more teams in the west are playing extremely well. I'm just saying, if Klay and Draymond continue at their current pace, we will not win.
If Klay can turn his season around, then we have a reasonable chance to repeat. If both Klay and Draymond can turn around, then we have a very good chance to repeat.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#14 » by Mylie10 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:39 am

I'm as excited for the Sleepy vs Digger bet as I am for the Playoffs.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#15 » by xdrta+ » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:19 am

zhuangcorp wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:It's funny....last year with West, MgGee, Zaza, Young, and others, we heard many of the same complaints we are hearing now. Lots of lamenting about how we won't be able to turn it on and off.

3) Rockets missed something like 20 or 30 3-point shots in a row. We needed a historically bad shooting slump from the Rockets to barely get by.

I wouldn't be resting on our laurels. This year, Bucks, Raptors, and a bunch more teams in the west are playing extremely well. I'm just saying, if Klay and Draymond continue at their current pace, we will not win.
If Klay can turn his season around, then we have a reasonable chance to repeat. If both Klay and Draymond can turn around, then we have a very good chance to repeat.

How about if they continue at the current pace that they played last night?
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#16 » by HiRez » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:20 am

Do I think this is the most challenging season the Warriors have had since Steve Kerr became coach? Yep. No question about it.

Do I think they will win another title in spite of that? Yep.
zhuangcorp
Junior

Post#17 » by zhuangcorp » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:44 am

xdrta+ wrote:
zhuangcorp wrote:

How about if they continue at the current pace that they played last night?

If they play like they did last night (with klay shooting very well), then they have a reasonably good chance of winning the title. So far, that hasnt been the case this season. Hopefully this is the start of Klay turning around his season.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,720

Post#18 » by floppymoose » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:58 am

The bet is interesting. At work back when the KD trade had just happened and everywhere was "Warriors will win next 5 championships", I was asked how many I thought they would win in the Steph/KD era. I said 2. I figured we would win 2 of 3 and then something would go horribly wrong.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#19 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:06 pm

floppymoose wrote:...and then something would go horribly wrong.

You spelled “Draymond” wrong
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#20 » by cdubbz » Tue Jan 1, 2019 1:03 am

This is definitely the most interesting and difficult season. I love it.

I’m not confident the Warriors will win it as I was in the beginning of the season and I’m sure most nba fans feel it too.

I will say though that Last season the Warriors looked disinterested,this season they look flat out bad at times.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to Golden State Warriors