ImageImageImageImageImage

3 on 5, I predict Warriors will not win another championship

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Re: 3 on 5, I predict Warriors will not win another championship 

Post#21 » by Little Digger » Tue Jan 1, 2019 4:32 am

cdubbz wrote:This is definitely the most interesting and difficult season. I love it.

I’m not confident the Warriors will win it as I was in the beginning of the season and I’m sure most nba fans feel it too.

I will say though that Last season the Warriors looked disinterested,this season they look flat out bad at times.

Part of that was due to the hidden fact that they were only a good team in17-18
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#22 » by cpower » Wed Jan 2, 2019 3:05 pm

Your prediction makes no sense because warriors clearly not the favourite to win it all this year. To predict the other way around would make more sense
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#23 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jan 2, 2019 4:23 pm

cpower wrote:Your prediction makes no sense because warriors clearly not the favourite to win it all this year. To predict the other way around would make more sense

The Warriors are not the favorites to win it all? According to who? In Las Vegas, where people bet real money, they are overwhelming favorites, at 2/3, with Toronto next at 7-1.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#24 » by likashing » Wed Jan 2, 2019 7:01 pm

This **** thread is still alive?
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
cpower
RealGM

Post#25 » by cpower » Wed Jan 2, 2019 7:11 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
cpower wrote:Your prediction makes no sense because warriors clearly not the favourite to win it all this year. To predict the other way around would make more sense

The Warriors are not the favorites to win it all? According to who? In Las Vegas, where people bet real money, they are overwhelming favorites, at 2/3, with Toronto next at 7-1.

Vegas odds is not good measurement for who are the favourites, unfortunately. These odds are for not exploiting their system. it just means more people betting on warriors.
If you look at who are the favourites, SRS is a good starting point. Raptors, Bucks, Nuggests are far ahead of us. Our defense is bottom 10 , certainly is not a good attribute for winning championships.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,562

Post#26 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed Jan 2, 2019 7:33 pm

cpower wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Vegas odds is not good measurement for who are the favourites, unfortunately. These odds are for not exploiting their system. it just means more people betting on warriors.
If you look at who are the favourites, SRS is a good starting point. Raptors, Bucks, Nuggests are far ahead of us. Our defense is bottom 10 , certainly is not a good attribute for winning championships.

True, however. They aren't completely independent. I was just in Vegas and noted there are only 6 teams whose odds for winning the championship have actually improved since June. We are one of them. Whether that reflects "Vegas", or just tons of independent individuals betting their hard earned money, the message is clear: we are still viewed as the dominant favorites to win the title.

As a fun exercise for the reader, you're welcome to try to guess who the other 5 were. Hint: not Cleveland, who dropped from 10:1 to 1000:1, or the Knicks who dropped from an inexplicable 75:1 to 1000:1.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#27 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jan 2, 2019 7:38 pm

cpower wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Umm....we are 10th in the league at opponents fg% defense, and 4th in the league at opponents 3fg% defense.

Some of that explains the issues we've had in giving up to many points in the paint.

We are 6th in the league in opponents rebounding.

So what stat are you using to say we're at the bottom of the league? Are you using a lame stat like points given up? Which doesn't account for pace?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#28 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jan 2, 2019 8:45 pm

cpower wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Actually Vegas odds are the only measurement for who are the favorites, and also a very good predictor of who is going to win. Warriors defensive rating is #13 in the league - how is their defense bottom 10? They make up for it somewhat with a #2 offensive rating.
LeonGenesis
Sixth Man
And1: 344

Post#29 » by LeonGenesis » Wed Jan 2, 2019 11:13 pm

Would these folks bet their life on it? I doubt it hahaha.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#30 » by Coxy » Thu Jan 3, 2019 12:21 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
cpower wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

True, however. They aren't completely independent. I was just in Vegas and noted there are only 6 teams whose odds for winning the championship have actually improved since June. We are one of them. Whether that reflects "Vegas", or just tons of independent individuals betting their hard earned money, the message is clear: we are still viewed as the dominant favorites to win the title.

As a fun exercise for the reader, you're welcome to try to guess who the other 5 were. Hint: not Cleveland, who dropped from 10:1 to 1000:1, or the Knicks who dropped from an inexplicable 75:1 to 1000:1.

I’ll play. OKC, Denver, Bucks, Clippers, Lakers.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#31 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Thu Jan 3, 2019 7:43 am

Coxy wrote:
cpower wrote:Vegas odds is not good measurement for who are the favourites, unfortunately. These odds are for not exploiting their system. it just means more people betting on warriors.

That's a solid first try. 3 correct.

To my puzzlement, the Clippers are not one of them.

Coxy
RealGM

Post#32 » by Coxy » Thu Jan 3, 2019 9:58 am

Coxy wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:True, however. They aren't completely independent. I was just in Vegas and noted there are only 6 teams whose odds for winning the championship have actually improved since June. We are one of them. Whether that reflects "Vegas", or just tons of independent individuals betting their hard earned money, the message is clear: we are still viewed as the dominant favorites to win the title.

OKC, Denver, Bucks, Raptors, Philly
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#33 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Thu Jan 3, 2019 6:37 pm

Coxy wrote:
Coxy wrote:

That's 4 of 5 :-) Philly is incorrect.

EDIT: a friend who did this exercise said Sacramento, which also seemed like a hell of a guess, but surprisingly is incorrect

Coxy
RealGM

Post#34 » by Coxy » Thu Jan 3, 2019 11:22 pm

Coxy wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:That's a solid first try. 3 correct.

EDIT: a friend who did this exercise said Sacramento, which also seemed like a hell of a guess, but surprisingly is incorrect

Dallas? With the rise of Doncic and their home form maybe?

Memphis were travelling well at one point, maybe them. Pacers?
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#35 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Thu Jan 3, 2019 11:54 pm

Coxy wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Memphis it is. Dallas is another one my friend guessed that I thought was good. The fact that none of Dallas, LAC, or Sacramento have seen their odds improve is surprising to me.

Coxy
RealGM

Post#36 » by Coxy » Fri Jan 4, 2019 12:35 am

Coxy wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:That's 4 of 5 :-) Philly is incorrect.

Memphis it is. Dallas is another one my friend guessed that I thought was good. The fact that none of Dallas, LAC, or Sacramento have seen their odds improve is surprising to me.

Interesting indeed. Not sure why LAC and Dallas wouldn’t see their chances drop over the season, but maybe enticing punters to take that bet.
cpower
RealGM

Post#37 » by cpower » Fri Jan 4, 2019 6:23 am

Mylie10 wrote:
cpower wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Umm....we are 10th in the league at opponents fg% defense, and 4th in the league at opponents 3fg% defense.

Some of that explains the issues we've had in giving up to many points in the paint.

We are 6th in the league in opponents rebounding.

So what stat are you using to say we're at the bottom of the league? Are you using a lame stat like points given up? Which doesn't account for pace?

we fell apart defending good teams, it happened every time this season. Are you watching the same basketball everyone is watching?
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#38 » by Little Digger » Fri Jan 4, 2019 7:19 am

Andre’s done and so are the warriors..we won 3 and that’s how many we deserved..2016 loss was highway robbery and the 18 win was total luck..even Steven..

Without JW around to scream in Myers ear, there is no hope ..The warriors need to make big moves to have a chance THIS season but Myers will never see it.

Or just maybe DeMarcus comes back at his old level of play and the warrior blend well..chances are slim that combo happens

We could also get lucky again ..you never know..an opponent injury here and there and Wala !
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#39 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jan 4, 2019 1:29 pm

Little Digger wrote:Andre’s done and so are the warriors..we won 3 and that’s how many we deserved..2016 loss was highway robbery and the 18 win was total luck..even Steven..

Without JW around to scream in Myers ear, there is no hope ..The warriors need to make big moves to have a chance THIS season but Myers will never see it.

Or just maybe DeMarcus comes back at his old level of play and the warrior blend well..chances are slim that combo happens

We could also get lucky again ..you never know..an opponent injury here and there and Wala !

Dre actually looks more active than he did this time last year. He just coasts in the regurlar season to protect his body for the playoffs. You haven’t been watching enough hoops these past couple of years.

Livingston is done
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#40 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:<Sleepy begins injecting Boogie Cousins with a cocktail of anabolic steroids, amphibian DNA, CBD oils and Adrian Peterson’s stem cells>

I’m going to run amok on this site with your account LF. :D Not just this board. I’m taking you global. You are going to develop a devoted following of haters on the General board and you will meet all sorts of new and interesting people in places like the Knicks board! :lol:
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?

Return to Golden State Warriors