Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,538

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II 

Post#281 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 4, 2019 7:07 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:^^and I'm not even going to shame Melania for that. I think her birtherism is what she should be shamed about, i could care less if she took nudies (even though I'm with you on the Republican hypocrisy, had a Democrat/Liberal taken nude photos in their past they'd be slut shaming her to hell and back).

I don't really care about Melania's nude photos either, but yeah again the Republican hypocrisy is on full display though. I don't even care about Trump motorboating Giuliani in drag in the grand scheme of things.

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh I'm sure his predecessor, Devin Nunes, already did that.

On a serious note, they need a separate investigation into just Nunes as well.

I forgot that Rudy and Trump had an intimate moment when Rudy was in drag :lol:

Nunes should be subject to investigation by the GAO for his behavior over the last two years.

anyway:

Read on Twitter

Welp...looks like I won't worry about filing my tax returns any time soon :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#282 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 4, 2019 8:38 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:^^and I'm not even going to shame Melania for that. I think her birtherism is what she should be shamed about, i could care less if she took nudies (even though I'm with you on the Republican hypocrisy, had a Democrat/Liberal taken nude photos in their past they'd be slut shaming her to hell and back).

I don't really care about Melania's nude photos either, but yeah again the Republican hypocrisy is on full display though. I don't even care about Trump motorboating Giuliani in drag in the grand scheme of things.

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh I'm sure his predecessor, Devin Nunes, already did that.

On a serious note, they need a separate investigation into just Nunes as well.

I forgot that Rudy and Trump had an intimate moment when Rudy was in drag :lol:

Nunes should be subject to investigation by the GAO for his behavior over the last two years.

anyway:

Read on Twitter

Welp...looks like I won't worry about filing my tax returns any time soon :lol:

How we got from:

"We are going to build a wall and mexico is going to pay for it."

to

"We are going to shutdown the government until the american tax payers pay for the wall."

is mind bending.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,751

Post#283 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jan 4, 2019 10:08 pm

Prokorov wrote:How we got from:

"We are going to build a wall and mexico is going to pay for it."

to

"We are going to shutdown the government until the american tax payers pay for the wall."

is mind bending.

And he still has a steady ~40% approval rating.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#284 » by gigantes » Sun Jan 6, 2019 1:03 am

Re: an issue we'll all be dealing with soon,
here's an industry insider talking about the price we'll soon be paying for the gutting of Net Neutrality:

ARTICLE from JAN '18: "The FCC is preparing to weaken the definition of broadband - "Under this new proposal, any area able to obtain wireless speeds of at least 10 Mbps down, 1 Mbps would be deemed good enough for American consumers."

Most people are missing the bigger picture here, and it's not about slowing speeds across the board.

The real goal here is to get all data under one umbrella, then impose data caps (extremely low ones), then use the repeal of Net Neutrality to push cable-like packages for things like Netflix and Twitch to have those sites avoid counting against the cap.

The push to get all mobile and otherwise non-broadband data classified as broadband is to assure that any data you use on any device counts against a cap.

The slow and imminent death of cable is the cause of this. The reason ISPs didn't start down this path earlier was because cord cutting wasn't nearly as prevalent five years ago, and companies still didn't have a clear cut path to monetizing the internet...

The rest:
https://np.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/7o41rf/the_fcc_is_preparing_to_weaken_the_definition_of/ds6w3aw/

Edit: Step 3 is happening way sooner than expected. Check out the video in another reddit thread and let me know if you notice anything interesting about the language used at the end.

So as I understand it, because of the GOP majority and insufficient public outcry a little while back, the FCC's repeal of NN will lead to pretty much everyone's internet in the USA becoming poorer in quality and costlier in nature.

The obvious & initial goal will be to make up for the loss of cable revenue, but if I understand correctly, this also opens the door for extra charges (or data caps) to be applied to a whole bunch of other stuff we've been enjoying for free just by buying internet service. Youtube, for example.

I would guess gamers might be hit by this kind of thing as well, which (maybe possibly?) might help mobilize some portion of a younger crowd who otherwise don't like to pay attention to politics, etc.

Like the Trump / GOP campaign against natural parks / wildlife / conservation / clean water, this is yet another example of "conservatives" making quality of life and quality of services worse, ostensibly to cut immediate costs (while creating bigger costs down the road) and perhaps also to help weaken American democracy so they can come along and impose a more authoritarian model. (as has been talked about here recently)
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#285 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 8, 2019 8:21 pm

oh ho...this is interesting re: Paul Manafort (as you know, Mueller popped Manafort for lying during his alleged cooperation w/ the feds):

Read on Twitter

:cry: Poor Paul...but wait, here's the real funny part:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The fact that Mueller knows that Manafort lied about sharing polling data with Russian intelligence is all I need to know. :lol:

No wonder bootleg Mussolini is raging about the f'ing border and shutting down the government. He needs a distraction.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#286 » by shakendfries » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:15 am

Read on Twitter

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#287 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:42 am

^^^when he gets subpoenaed by The House intel committee to come answer questions under oath, live on television, and with the very real threat of criminal referral to Robert Mueller about the lies he spewed during his last testimony, we'll see who looks like the zoo animal.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#288 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Here's to some brave ATC in Kentucky deciding to take their $0 paystub, finding out which gate Mitch McConnell's flight lands at and slapping him square in his face with it when he arrives home for the weekend.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#289 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:52 am

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#290 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:02 am

^^he's done. Good riddance. He should be locked up for what he did to those people.

Also, I love how two years later, the New York Times reveals that the FBI is investigating if Trump is an active agent of Russian intelligence. The media has been so complicit in all of this it's gone beyond the pale.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#291 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:43 pm

Jesus CHRIST.

Read on Twitter

The timing of this and yesterday's bombshell about the FBI opening a counterintelligence investigation into Trump being a Russian asset are probably not a coincidence. Something bad is coming, and I'm convinced that the government shutdown/wall nonsense are a distraction because Trump knew this was coming.

If Mueller hasn't subpoenaed the interpreters at these meetings, he needs to and so does the House Judiciary and Intel committees.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#292 » by shakendfries » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:50 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Jesus CHRIST.

Read on Twitter

The timing of this and yesterday's bombshell about the FBI opening a counterintelligence investigation into Trump being a Russian asset are probably not a coincidence. Something bad is coming, and I'm convinced that the government shutdown/wall nonsense are a distraction because Trump knew this was coming.

If Mueller hasn't subpoenaed the interpreters at these meetings, he needs to and so does the House Judiciary and Intel committees.

I wonder how long it'll take for Trump to realize Putin pulled off the biggest heist in American history by helping his campaign while simultaneously implicating his family in treasonous activity, and having in his possession a pee pee tape to slander, shame, and distance himself from Trump upon his demise

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#293 » by Rich Rane » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Two things...
1.) So walls and fences don't work when someone really wants to get in
2.) That's some bull :censored: privilege. Can you honestly say if that was a minority doing that, he/she wouldn't get shot or at least arrested?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#294 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:56 am

White privilege like a mother **** er. That racist ass bitch should be in jail for that.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#295 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:02 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This meeting was known about for two years and these traitors thought they weren't going to get caught.

When Devin Nunes was crying about Susan Rice unmasking American citizens who got caught on FISA wiretaps talking to people they had no business talking to, I believe this may be it. This is why Nunes has been hell bent on obstructing justice while he was committee chairman. Now he's powerless, and the check has come due for Rep. Nunes, and I hope he's prepared for what's coming next.

Enjoy prison :lol:

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#296 » by shakendfries » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:24 am

ImageImage

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#297 » by shakendfries » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Read on Twitter

ImageImage

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#298 » by Rich Rane » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:57 pm

Come on, Bernie.
Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#299 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:50 am

Rich Rane wrote:Come on, Bernie.
Read on Twitter

I have been screaming to the hills that Sanders is suspect. I hope Mueller's team is investigating exactly why Russia's troll farms were elevating him and spreading disinfo about Clinton on Sanders' behalf during the primaries. it would not shock me if Sanders is in bed with Putin.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#300 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:53 am

shakendfries wrote:

Read on Twitter

what minute did he admit it? I can't stand sitting through Graham's garbage for more than 30 secs

Return to Brooklyn Nets