ImageImageImage

Cavs Regular Season

Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Cavs Regular Season 

Post#301 » by Stillwater » Mon Dec 3, 2018 6:38 pm

WestbrookLove wrote:Time to acknowledge how horrible the team's floor spacing has been since Kevin Love's injury. There have been a lot of complaints about the Cavs offense's lack of movement on some of the other forums I've been on, but I expected this after Love went out. Spacing has always been Love's best intangible, and it's universally recognized among all NBA analysts. Osman's play especially has suffered; I always thought Osman had good synergy with LeBron and Love last season.

I think it's funny that some people still think Love doesn't add wins to a team when he actually is healthy. People forget the Timberwolves went from 40 wins in his last season there to 16 after they acquired so-called Maple Jordan, who has since proven to be a bust given his expectations (Wiggins' season has been an absolute joke).

The Cavs certainly would have been more competitive with a healthy Love this season. But he wasn't healthy to start, and now that he's out completely, it's like the 2014-15 Timberwolves all over again. You go from a potential 40 win team to a 16 win team.
yep but he will be back in January so you can add 15 wins to that minimum unless Hill is moved then maybe only 10 more than without him.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#302 » by Stillwater » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:49 pm

Now that we are mixing rotations with g-league 2 way players and lacking a go to scoring threat with all of the injuries... they might as well be full on tanking . Send Love and TT on a K2 expedition where they will miss the entire rest of the season trapped under ice ,trade Hood to anywhere he will go for a late first and start rolling out the carpet for King Zion
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#303 » by Stillwater » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:28 pm

[url]
Read on Twitter
[/url]
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#304 » by Trailbreaker » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:39 pm

Stillwater wrote:[url]
Read on Twitter
[/url]

I just heard on 92.3 The Fan! I hope GS doesn’t match it. I’d love to have McCaw on our team, would be a nice addition. Also, Cavs play on Channel 43 WUAB tomorrow night. :)
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#305 » by Stillwater » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:03 pm

Trailbreaker wrote:
Stillwater wrote:[url]
Read on Twitter
[/url]

I just heard on 92.3 The Fan! I hope GS doesn’t match it. I’d love to have McCaw on our team, would be a nice addition. Also, Cavs play on Channel 43 WUAB tomorrow night. :)

Yeah reports were they'd match any offer, but I'm guessing they might pass on that amt. esp if he doesn't want to be there wanting more pt etc and gsw would rub some current roster players the wrong way if they matched a player out of spite to have him ride the pine when he could get minutes on a rebuilding team etc.
Trailbreaker
Junior

Post#306 » by Trailbreaker » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:48 am

According to cleveland.com we got McCaw!
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#307 » by Stillwater » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:44 pm

^ non guaranteed so hopefully he is healthy and worth retaining. One thing for sure is he will help our perimeter defense immensely.
Very quick first step so if he's been working on his game a lot, this could become a steal for us
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#308 » by tribulations » Tue Jan 1, 2019 11:06 am

Stillwater wrote:^ non guaranteed so hopefully he is healthy and worth retaining. One thing for sure is he will help our perimeter defense immensely.
Very quick first step so if he's been working on his game a lot, this could become a steal for us
Great pick-up. I've always liked his game.

When do you expect him to suit up? As you pointed out non-guaranteed money so I expect him to be playing hungry from day.

Sent from my SM-G930F using RealGM mobile app
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#309 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 1, 2019 3:25 pm

^ already with team all week prob suit up Wednesday but they will bring him along gradually for offensive reps according to coach Drew.
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#310 » by tribulations » Tue Jan 1, 2019 7:36 pm

Stillwater wrote:^ already with team all week prob suit up Wednesday but they will bring him along gradually for offensive reps according to coach Drew.
Thanks for the insight I appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-G930F using RealGM mobile app
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#311 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 7, 2019 1:40 am

Cavs already waiving McCaw ...wtf? they are definitely tanking imo makes no sense at all esp given his defensive ability . But the added sadness here is they are doing to clear a spot to sign wait for it...cameron **** payne to a ten day contract.
Trailbreaker
Junior

Post#312 » by Trailbreaker » Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:18 am

Stillwater wrote:Cavs already waiving McCaw ...wtf? they are definitely tanking imo makes no sense at all esp given his defensive ability . But the added sadness here is they are doing to clear a spot to sign wait for it...cameron **** payne to a ten day contract.

I wonder if the Cavs were just trying to do McCaw a favor. Maybe he has some other team lined up?

I’m also disappointed in this move. :(
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#313 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 7, 2019 4:50 am

Trailbreaker wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Cavs already waiving McCaw ...wtf? they are definitely tanking imo makes no sense at all esp given his defensive ability . But the added sadness here is they are doing to clear a spot to sign wait for it...cameron **** payne to a ten day contract.

I wonder if the Cavs were just trying to do McCaw a favor. Maybe he has some other team lined up?

Most likely he didn't really want to be in CLE and thought gsw would match etc. But if it's any other reason esp as lame as clearing a spot for Payne it's a major sign they are going full tank. That's fine but it also probably means Love is getting moved for less than he should be sooner than later
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#314 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 7, 2019 2:55 pm

Now starting to think CLE and PM planned this .
Of course it's a risk for CLE if they want him here since he could get picked up...but if he clears waivers CLE could already have discussed an offer with McCaw in the event he cleared waivers and wasn't given any" more appealing "offers that also provide the same potential pt etc.
He could end up right back there in a about 5 days
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,368

Post#315 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jan 7, 2019 11:18 pm

Trailbreaker wrote:

McCaw said he wanted an opportunity (aka playtime). Looks like his agent is Bill Duffy who represents Delly. Seems like they were doing him a favor.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#316 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 7, 2019 11:49 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Trailbreaker wrote:

McCaw said he wanted an opportunity (aka playtime). Looks like his agent is Bill Duffy who represents Delly. Seems like they were doing him a favor.

could be they decided to do him a favor i guess, but at the same time they could double down on that favor by having previously agreed to signing him to a better deal assuming he clears waivers than the one that was orchestrated as a favor to get him away from the bench role he was stuck in at GSW and also one other teams would probably pass on picking him up before he clears etc.
Hard to say but only appearing in 3 games it's a favor for him only if he is picked up by a lottery team offering him pt or resigned by CLE or another lottery team etc after clearing.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#317 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 8, 2019 12:39 am

Maybe he finally ran out of $ [url]
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw[/url]
hey Cavs could bring him back for the tank... who knows maybe he would be like he was as a rookie once he gets paid :lol:
In all seriousness it good he's actually balling for once since College.Good for him
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#318 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jan 8, 2019 1:01 am

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Trailbreaker wrote:I wonder if the Cavs were just trying to do McCaw a favor. Maybe he has some other team lined up?

could be they decided to do him a favor i guess, but at the same time they could double down on that favor by having previously agreed to signing him to a better deal assuming he clears waivers than the one that was orchestrated as a favor to get him away from the bench role he was stuck in at GSW and also one other teams would probably pass on picking him up before he clears etc.
Hard to say but only appearing in 3 games it's a favor for him only if he is picked up by a lottery team offering him pt or resigned by CLE or another lottery team etc after clearing.

Interesting theory, but best I can tell the Cavs didn't even bother to call a press conference to introduce him, and if they wanted to offer him a better deal they should have opened with that - as it would have dissuaded the Warriors from matching all the more.

Maybe they'll offer him a 2-way deal when one of our other 2-way players runs out of games if nobody else picks him up. That's my read of their interest level in Patick. :o
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#319 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jan 8, 2019 1:09 am

Stillwater wrote:Maybe he finally ran out of $ [url]
Read on Twitter
hey Cavs could bring him back for the tank... who knows maybe he would be like he was as a rookie once he gets paid :lol:
In all seriousness it good he's actually balling for once since College.Good for him

Do you remember Darnell Jackson? He was a late 2nd round pick of ours in the 2008 draft, and when sent down to the NBADL tore things up pretty easily.

Maybe AB can get another shot and catch on to a team, but alas, putting up numbers in the NBADL still isn't much of a benchmark. My wild guess is he burned through his money from his rookie contract ($16M!!!), and finally has something to play for.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#320 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 8, 2019 2:02 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Maybe he finally ran out of $ [url]
Read on Twitter

Do you remember Darnell Jackson? He was a late 2nd round pick of ours in the 2008 draft, and when sent down to the NBADL tore things up pretty easily.

Maybe AB can get another shot and catch on to a team, but alas, putting up numbers in the NBADL still isn't much of a benchmark. My wild guess is he burned through his money from his rookie contract ($16M!!!), and finally has something to play for.
if you look closely at my post I was being sarcastic of course it isn't going to work for him at the next level he hasn't shown that it will...but I think it is good that he's actually got good numbers for once even if it is only the g league. A lot of people forget did this guy has severe sleep apnea going from a college regimen to a 82 game season big difference. I always thought money played through the shoulder injury in college before getting surgery that summer showed toughness but it apparently showed he just wanted to get paid because he came to camp out of shape with a unhealed shoulder and it definitely effected his shot. Didn't stop him from jacking them up and missing almost all. That was Mike brown telling him keep firing ...bad advice roundmound to roundmound .
The thing that killed him aside from bad coach bad situation over pick pressure and off season surgery was absolutely sleep apnea which despite being manageable requires CPAP which is not practical for team travel

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers