Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,414

Re: The 2018 Fantasy Thread 

Post#161 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:41 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:The injuries to my dynasty team are ridiculous. There is next to no chance I can meet the activity levels...what are they again? There should be some sort of exception for injuries regarding this. Five of my keepers are out...one or maybe two out for the season and the others out for a while.
Yeah you're team is wrecked by injury. Kind of happy you didn't take my kuz for Porter offer :)

Doesn't leaving an injured player in your lineup count as a game played and satisfy the activity rule?

If not I'm fine with an exception.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

No, if your player gets zero minutes, you don't have a game counted against you.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#162 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:44 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:The injuries to my dynasty team are ridiculous. There is next to no chance I can meet the activity levels...what are they again? There should be some sort of exception for injuries regarding this. Five of my keepers are out...one or maybe two out for the season and the others out for a while.
Yeah you're team is wrecked by injury. Kind of happy you didn't take my kuz for Porter offer :)

Doesn't leaving an injured player in your lineup count as a game played and satisfy the activity rule?

No, if your player gets zero minutes, you don't have a game counted against you.
Really? Lol I've been playing for 3 years on Yahoo and never realized that. I always get pissed at myself for not removing and injured guy and thoyi had wasted a game.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#163 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:47 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Yeah you're team is wrecked by injury. Kind of happy you didn't take my kuz for Porter offer :)

Really? Lol I've been playing for 3 years on Yahoo and never realized that. I always get pissed at myself for not removing and injured guy and thoyi had wasted a game.

I used to think the same and someone asked that and it said no, it doesn't count as a game. But I think I've noticed since then, when not knowing a guy was injured, that it didn't add a game, since it tells you games played at each position at bottom.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#164 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:23 pm

Yeah, I'm not 100% on what the number is, but I am totally in favor of waiving your activity penalty should it apply. Raising the IR cap to 3 would help you some, but we may need to implement a rule regarding injured keepers. Of course, I think we should be able to see pretty clearly cases like yours where circumstances beyond your control impede your ability to meet the activity threshold. Everyone else seems on a pace to do so, which is what we want.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#165 » by Kerrsed » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:24 am

I went through the same thing. Dwight Howard for damn near all the season (Finally dropped him so i could get anybody bringing in stats), Wade, French Frank, Harry Giles, PatBev, and now CP3. Usually i look at the team the player is facing and decide if i think he will have a good game or not before deciding on putting him into my line-up. Since i was soooo far behind in games played i had to resort to dropping guys i didnt want to drop and playing guys in every possible game, which is probably the reason my team is almost last in FG%.

But hell, last year i was active the entire time (I have never been non-active in fantasy), i came in first place, but yet i was STILL under the amount of games needed to be played. So something has to change with that Number of Games played thing, because if me getting first and being active doesnt make it, and others being active and not reaching it due to injuries, then the system is broken.

On another note, damn my Premier League team and its injuries! Cousins i can understand as i drafted him injured, but Rondo, McGee, Gasol, and guys like Mitchell and Ball missing games, i mean at one point i had my IR filled and the two guys i took on to replace them also went down with injury. Dont even get me started with the Jabari Parker situation either!
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#166 » by bwgood77 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:31 am

Yeah, but I don't know if Ayton would have been a keeper. I have 5 keepers out. All at least a month it appears, and one since beginning of season already and the other two mostly likely all season, though LeVert might come back at some point if it makes sense for them to bring him back.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#167 » by TASTIC » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Kerrsed wrote:I went through the same thing. Dwight Howard for damn near all the season (Finally dropped him so i could get anybody bringing in stats), Wade, French Frank, Harry Giles, PatBev, and now CP3. Usually i look at the team the player is facing and decide if i think he will have a good game or not before deciding on putting him into my line-up. Since i was soooo far behind in games played i had to resort to dropping guys i didnt want to drop and playing guys in every possible game, which is probably the reason my team is almost last in FG%.

But hell, last year i was active the entire time (I have never been non-active in fantasy), i came in first place, but yet i was STILL under the amount of games needed to be played. So something has to change with that Number of Games played thing, because if me getting first and being active doesnt make it, and others being active and not reaching it due to injuries, then the system is broken.

On another note, damn my Premier League team and its injuries! Cousins i can understand as i drafted him injured, but Rondo, McGee, Gasol, and guys like Mitchell and Ball missing games, i mean at one point i had my IR filled and the two guys i took on to replace them also went down with injury. Dont even get me started with the Jabari Parker situation either!

Injuries have completely ruined my Prem league team.

Have lost my 3, 4, 5 round picks (Love, Barton, Valanciunas) to LONG injuries - not to mention LeVert who I drafted late too.

Am in last, comfortably. Have been in the Prem league since the first season so have my work cut out to stay up. Might be my last season for a while anyway, wife and I expecting our first kid in May :D Super pumped.

Had our work Christmas function the other night and I noticed some bad (more than usual ha) offers had gone out on the Uber ride home, apologies all.

Always keen to deal though so hit me up with offers, not moving Wall or Embiid but everyone else available.

Cheers and happy holidays all
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#168 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:14 am

Merry Christmas!

I'm not desperate to make a move but I'd be open for a 2 for 1 type deal in the dynasty league. I like more of my guys than I'll be able to keep.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#169 » by TASTIC » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:40 pm

Well that just about does it for me.

Lost my 2nd rounder Wall for the season, on top of Love, Barton and LeVert all being done.

Patchwork job the rest of the season but can’t see me avoiding last. Dammit.
MrMiyagi

Post#170 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Jan 5, 2019 11:53 pm

Willing to listen to offers on Marc Gasol in Dynasty.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#171 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 6, 2019 7:12 am

Damn, DeOtherAyton gained ground on me because I accidentally left 65 points at about 61% FG%, 13 boards and 9 assists on the bench.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,357

Post#172 » by sunskerr » Sun Jan 6, 2019 1:17 pm

I've pretty much mailed it in this season but I've had enough fun to give next year another go. Guess I'm back for good lol.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#173 » by MathiasPW » Sun Jan 6, 2019 1:54 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:Willing to listen to offers on Marc Gasol in Dynasty.
1 bag of chips
MrMiyagi

Post#174 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Jan 6, 2019 6:50 pm

MathiasPW wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:Willing to listen to offers on Marc Gasol in Dynasty.
1 bag of chips

Gotta be more specific.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#175 » by DRK » Wed Jan 9, 2019 8:43 am

The stash was worth it. Happy to hear Cousins coming back - dont know what to expect.

I need a small forward who shoots threes- and willing to let go a PG. Whos keen?
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#176 » by MathiasPW » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:16 am

DRK wrote:The stash was worth it. Happy to hear Cousins coming back - dont know what to expect.

I need a small forward who shoots threes- and willing to let go a PG. Whos keen?
Which league are we talking about, here?
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#177 » by DRK » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:14 am

MathiasPW wrote:
DRK wrote:The stash was worth it. Happy to hear Cousins coming back - dont know what to expect.

D League my friend
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#178 » by MathiasPW » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:58 am

Injured: Rubio, Kieff Morris, Eric Gordon, Kevin Love, Raul Neto, Miles Turner

Out: Dedmon

GTD: Bobby Portis (who has been injured most of the season anyway)

**** this ****
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#179 » by TASTIC » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:38 pm

MathiasPW wrote:Injured: Rubio, Kieff Morris, Eric Gordon, Kevin Love, Raul Neto, Miles Turner

Out: Dedmon

GTD: Bobby Portis (who has been injured most of the season anyway)

**** this ****

Wall, Love, Barton (just back), LeVert, Valanciunas. So now just waiting for Embiid to crumple and that'll be my first 5 picks done
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,357

Post#180 » by sunskerr » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:10 am

DRK wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:

D League my friend

Theres no real penalty for stashing really since there's an INJ spot. Also not keen on parting with Danny Green sorry mate

Return to Phoenix Suns