Grizzlies Trades Thread

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Re: Grizzlies Trades Thread 

Post#221 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:31 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:Just curious what do you think Memphis would part with for a deal of Hill/Ersan for Parson/assets or even Middleton/Ersan for Parsons/assets?

I doubt it just due to the limited available assets. JJJ and 1sts are likely off the table since Middleton is opting out and has no guarantee of resigning (Memphis probably wouldn't even be the favorite to resign him). And Memphis said 1sts are off the table for salary dumping Parsons. I just don't think there is a package that would even remotely interest MIL unless Memphis becomes a seller and a trade based around Gasol is in the works.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#222 » by SD2042 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:19 pm

Tell me what you guys this of this trade:

Parsons, Casspi, Mack,

TO

Cavs for Smith and Clarkson

Parsons should fine some minutes on the Cavs with Nance Jr. being out 6 to 8 weeks due to his injury plus playing backup minutes at the four. Casspi is an extra body for the Cavs to have to spell some of their injury woes that is currently ravaging the Cavs right now. Mack like Casspi is extra filler and could be a candidate to be waived.

Smith brings veteran experience and slashing ability to the Grizzlies along with a non guarantee contract that the Grizzlies can waived completely come the off season. Clarkson brings a sixth man scorer weapon to the table the Grizzlies can stand to use so they can maintain their quasi-competing ways.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#223 » by dark-child » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:16 pm

SD2042 wrote:Tell me what you guys this of this trade:

Parsons, Casspi, Mack,

TO

Parsons should fine some minutes on the Cavs with Nance Jr. being out 6 to 8 weeks due to his injury plus playing backup minutes at the four. Casspi is an extra body for the Cavs to have to spell some of their injury woes that is currently ravaging the Cavs right now. Mack like Casspi is extra filler and could be a candidate to be waived.

Smith brings veteran experience and slashing ability to the Grizzlies along with a non guarantee contract that the Grizzlies can waived completely come the off season. Clarkson brings a sixth man scorer weapon to the table the Grizzlies can stand to use so they can maintain their quasi-competing ways.

ALL DAY! EVERYDAY!

The only issue is that there may be a better deal with Cleveland if the report is true that we are willing to listen RE: Marc Gasol?

Gasol for Kevin Love makes a lot of sense for both teams and it is unlikely they are willing to do a huge deal for both Parsons and Gasol.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#224 » by VCfor3 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:20 pm

dark-child wrote:

Parsons, Casspi, Mack,

TO

ALL DAY! EVERYDAY!

I just don't see the Cavs doing that. They don't care to be better since they are tanking and there really isn't anything in that package that would interest them. Memphis would say yes though.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#225 » by SD2042 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:12 pm

dark-child wrote:

Parsons, Casspi, Mack,

TO

ALL DAY! EVERYDAY!

The only issue is that there may be a better deal with Cleveland if the report is true that we are willing to listen RE: Marc Gasol?

Gasol for Kevin Love makes a lot of sense for both teams and it is unlikely they are willing to do a huge deal for both Parsons and Gasol.

With these losses mounting up, it's likely the Grizzlies may become open to the idea of listening to offers for Gasol. If they managed to get a FRP back for him that would be good. As for Kevin Love, as much of a solid player he is offensively, he will be a defensively liability and will likely put 3J in a situation where he will not only draw tougher matchups, but put himself into foul trouble daily as he does now.

Maybe it's me, but I rather look into trading Gasol in the off-season if possible so the team can convey the pick to Boston. If he decides to opt into his contract, then look for a trade. If he opts out, he needs to stay gone as the Grizzlies need to turn a new page into their new chapter.

VCfor3 wrote:
dark-child wrote:

Parsons, Casspi, Mack,

TO

ALL DAY! EVERYDAY!

I just don't see the Cavs doing that. They don't care to be better since they are tanking and there really isn't anything in that package that would interest them. Memphis would say yes though.

It's possible that the Cavs won't go for it. It;s really no telling as they could be hurting for more bodies right now. Just as much that it's possible the Grizzlies will not find a suitor for Parsons and may have to use the stretch provision on him and just eat his contract for the remaining set years.
yoadknux
Pro Prospect

Post#226 » by yoadknux » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:31 am

yoadknux wrote:Just wondering, what would it take to get Conley to Indiana?

I still want him
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#227 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:18 pm

yoadknux wrote:

I still want him

What kind of package would IND be willing to give up? That is sorta my problem. You don't have bad money you can throw in which makes a trade harder to figure out. Then we ask for rebuilding assets and it becomes a big overpay for Conley. I feel like you may need a 3rd/4th team to send your expiring contracts to who can send assets and worse contracts/players back to Memphis.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#228 » by the_process » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:08 pm

DAL gets Gasol and Parsons
MEM gets Jordan, Chandler, and Fultz
PHI gets Matthews and Green
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,515

Post#229 » by BarbaGrizz » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:34 pm

yoadknux wrote:

I still want him

Would IND be willing to send Turner or Sabonis? If the answer is yes then try to match the salaries and you have yourself a deal. Maybe something like Turner + Collison + fillers for Conley + Green
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
yoadknux
Pro Prospect

Post#230 » by yoadknux » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:19 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
yoadknux wrote:

I still want him

What kind of package would IND be willing to give up? That is sorta my problem. You don't have bad money you can throw in which makes a trade harder to figure out. Then we ask for rebuilding assets and it becomes a big overpay for Conley. I feel like you may need a 3rd/4th team to send your expiring contracts to who can send assets and worse contracts/players back to Memphis.

BarbaGrizz wrote:
yoadknux wrote:

I still want him

Would IND be willing to send Turner or Sabonis? If the answer is yes then try to match the salaries and you have yourself a deal. Maybe something like Turner + Collison + fillers for Conley + Green

Sabonis for Conley straight up is fine by me value wise, but when you normalize it with salaries (Sabonis 1.5 years left on his rookie contract) I think Sabonis is worth more, so there's definitely some balancing needed (maybe IND unprotected 1st for MEM top 10 protected or something along those lines).

But like VCfor3 said, its not easy to pull off salary wise, even if Pacers trade Sabonis + Collison + Evans there's still an extra 10m that the Pacers can't absorb. This means that we're going into "pipedream" territory of 4 players for 1 trade, and the only players that can be included salary wise are Bogdanovic or Young but they're good assets and i don't want to see them go. Maybe summer time?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#231 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:07 am

yoadknux wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
yoadknux wrote:I still want him

BarbaGrizz wrote:
yoadknux wrote:I still want him

Sabonis for Conley straight up is fine by me value wise, but when you normalize it with salaries (Sabonis 1.5 years left on his rookie contract) I think Sabonis is worth more, so there's definitely some balancing needed (maybe IND unprotected 1st for MEM top 10 protected or something along those lines).

But like VCfor3 said, its not easy to pull off salary wise, even if Pacers trade Sabonis + Collison + Evans there's still an extra 10m that the Pacers can't absorb. This means that we're going into "pipedream" territory of 4 players for 1 trade, and the only players that can be included salary wise are Bogdanovic or Young but they're good assets and i don't want to see them go. Maybe summer time?

Sabonis (or Turner)+Collison+Evans for Conley works financially. Pacers can absorb the difference.
yoadknux
Pro Prospect

Post#232 » by yoadknux » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:34 am

VCfor3 wrote:
yoadknux wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

BarbaGrizz wrote:Would IND be willing to send Turner or Sabonis? If the answer is yes then try to match the salaries and you have yourself a deal. Maybe something like Turner + Collison + fillers for Conley + Green

Sabonis (or Turner)+Collison+Evans for Conley works financially. Pacers can absorb the difference.

Sounds good, but I think value still needs to be balanced. Sabonis is 22 and averages 15/10. Conley is an excellent player but he's almost 10 years older. If we assume they're of "equal value" then we must consider the major cap relief the Pacers provide here. I think a pick swap is in order because the Pacers have no bad contracts to send back. if no pick swap, then I think a 3rd team has to be involved like you suggested. Maybe with the Hornets? Pacers out expirings + 1st rounder (in: Conley), Hornets out Batum + top 10 protected 1st rounder (in: expirings from Indiana + [pick from Indiana?]), Grizzlies out Conley (in: Batum + 1st rounder from Hornets + [pick from Indiana? depends if the Hornets need that pick for the deal])
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#233 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:47 pm

yoadknux wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
yoadknux wrote:

Sounds good, but I think value still needs to be balanced. Sabonis is 22 and averages 15/10. Conley is an excellent player but he's almost 10 years older. If we assume they're of "equal value" then we must consider the major cap relief the Pacers provide here. I think a pick swap is in order because the Pacers have no bad contracts to send back. if no pick swap, then I think a 3rd team has to be involved like you suggested. Maybe with the Hornets? Pacers out expirings + 1st rounder (in: Conley), Hornets out Batum + top 10 protected 1st rounder (in: expirings from Indiana + [pick from Indiana?]), Grizzlies out Conley (in: Batum + 1st rounder from Hornets + [pick from Indiana? depends if the Hornets need that pick for the deal])

Originally I misread the above. Yeah the new deal could work though I think there is potential for another team to beat it. I definitely would start with the deals proposed on the trade board before throwing in Sabonis if I was IND.

Or to go a different route of sorts:

Sabonis+Reke+Joseph+Young for Conley+Green+Rabb

You'd have Collison as your backup PG and Green should be able to replace Young. Rabb is a center prospect to help add some minor value back. Reke/Joseph could be sent to a third team and the assets from that go back to Indy.
Herrdoktor33
Junior
And1: 136

Post#234 » by Herrdoktor33 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:04 pm

Bulls fan here. What do you think abouth this trade with NY?:

-Jabari and Robin Lopez to NY
- Kanter/Portis/Hezonja/Blakeney and Chi 2nd round pick to Mem
-Gasol/C.Lee to Bulls.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#235 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:49 pm

Herrdoktor33 wrote:Bulls fan here. What do you think abouth this trade with NY?:

-Gasol/C.Lee to Bulls.

It isn't a terrible idea, but I don't really see Memphis pulling the trigger unless they are really high on Portis. It also is a 4 for 1 trade which means Memphis would have to clear two more roster spots. I'd think Memphis would rather get Jabari instead of Kanter as well since they could try to sell the fan base on getting a young lottery ticket.
Herrdoktor33
Junior
And1: 136

Post#236 » by Herrdoktor33 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:20 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Herrdoktor33 wrote:Bulls fan here. What do you think abouth this trade with NY?:

-Gasol/C.Lee to Bulls.

It isn't a terrible idea, but I don't really see Memphis pulling the trigger unless they are really high on Portis. It also is a 4 for 1 trade which means Memphis would have to clear two more roster spots. I'd think Memphis would rather get Jabari instead of Kanter as well since they could try to sell the fan base on getting a young lottery ticket.

I wouldn't mind including Dunn instead of Blakeney. And Memphis could send a couple of cheap contracts to NY or even Bulls: Mack/Rabb/Carter/Casspi
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#237 » by VCfor3 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:20 am

Herrdoktor33 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

-Gasol/C.Lee to Bulls.

I wouldn't mind including Dunn instead of Blakeney. And Memphis could send a couple of cheap contracts to NY or even Bulls: Mack/Rabb/Carter/Casspi

Carter and Rabb are prospects that the Grizzlies (in theory) like. Mack and Casspi going out isn't a big deal though Casspi has played decently this year. We currently have one open roster spot too that helps some.
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#238 » by DCintheD » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:56 am

Would you guys be down for Conley and Gasol for Drummond, Reggie, Ish, GR3, Ellenson, lotto protected 2019 1st (unprotected 2020), two future 2nds?

That’s 12 mil in expirings. Reggie becomes an expiring this summer, and Drummond for only two years after this - could flip him in a year.
Conley and Gasol need a change of scenery and Blake fits their timeline and is desperate to play with players of their caliber. They need each other. Instant change in culture for us. Please help.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,515

Post#239 » by BarbaGrizz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:50 am

DCintheD wrote:Would you guys be down for Conley and Gasol for Drummond, Reggie, Ish, GR3, Ellenson, lotto protected 2019 1st (unprotected 2020), two future 2nds?

That’s 12 mil in expirings. Reggie becomes an expiring this summer, and Drummond for only two years after this - could flip him in a year.
Conley and Gasol need a change of scenery and Blake fits their timeline and is desperate to play with players of their caliber. They need each other. Instant change in culture for us. Please help.

It's not a bad idea and I think the FO would consider, specially because I think the pick would convey only in 2020. I think Drummond/JJJ can be a nice duo, but I know in our board don't agree with this
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#240 » by VCfor3 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:47 pm

BarbaGrizz wrote:
DCintheD wrote:Would you guys be down for Conley and Gasol for Drummond, Reggie, Ish, GR3, Ellenson, lotto protected 2019 1st (unprotected 2020), two future 2nds?

It's not a bad idea and I think the FO would consider, specially because I think the pick would convey only in 2020. I think Drummond/JJJ can be a nice duo, but I know in our board don't agree with this

If there are no better deals out there then sure though I'd try to get Kennard. I don't really like the JJJ/Drummond pairing since I think it will hinder JJJ, but Drummond is young and has been an All Star who would help cover the rebounding problem. I think Drummond would clog the paint and not let JJJ go to work down low. Gasol and JJJ both being threats from deep has been a large part of why they can work together.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies