Moderator: lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1701 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 10:47 pm

cowboyronnie wrote::evil:
lilfishi22 wrote:Wilder fought exactly how he always fought, throwing not very technical bombs. He managed to catch Fury a few times and knocked Fury down twice (didn't know how Fury got up from the 2nd) but aside from a few connecting punches, he got completely outboxed.

To see a draw there is kind of perplexing...what were the judges watching and how did that one judge give it to Wilder?

Technical punches? For a 4 year old throwing a tantrum, those strikes are below average. Its unbelievable how many punches he telegraphed and missed wide.

A lo-light of Wilder's punches last night would be hilarious.

Nothing about his strikes were technical or any different to how he go to the title fight. I didn't expect any different against Fury. Wilder is the type of guy who would beat 95% of boxers because of his power and his ability to find overwhelm them. But against more technical fighters with even decent footwork and movement where he can't as easily land those bombs, it's going to be a long night and he's going to get outboxed, like he did against Fury.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,776

Post#1702 » by jc23 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 11:30 pm

Butch718 wrote:Kind of loving the look on Wilder’s face when Fury got up.

Read on Twitter

Someone added the Rocky music and you can imagine Wilder giving Fury the same look Apollo gave Rocky in the first film lol.

In boxing i feel one fighter tends to have the judges ear and its obvious that fighter was Wilder last night, we saw the same situation with Canelo and the favoritism he got in his fights vs GGG.
Be curious, Not judgmental
reapaman
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,220

Post#1703 » by reapaman » Mon Dec 3, 2018 12:15 am

I thought Wilder won since he was the aggressor and did way more damage to Fury than the other way around. Wilder should have also gotten awarded the knockout in round 12 since the ref started the count late. The objective of boxing is to knockout your opponent. Its a barbaric sport, its not suppose to be pretty. That has always been the case. Everything you to that point is to hurt your opponent enough to help setup a potential knockout. If it goes to a decision, then the judges are to base off who hurt their opponent the most in each round.

Fury may have out skilled Wilder, but he did very little damage and he didn't even try to. Yes you should be as skillful as possible, but you still got to hurt your opponent. Wilder punches actually did more damage despite the lack of accuracy and he eventually got 2 knockdowns (the last one being a knockout if the ref counted right). Mayweather Jr. ruined how the public judges boxing matches.
BRING JAMAAL FRANKLIN TO UTAH!!!!!
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#1704 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 3, 2018 12:40 am

reapaman wrote:I thought Wilder won since he was the aggressor and did way more damage to Fury than the other way around. Wilder should have also gotten awarded the knockout in round 12 since the ref started the count late. The objective of boxing is to knockout your opponent. Its a barbaric sport, its not suppose to be pretty. That has always been the case. Everything you to that point is to hurt your opponent enough to help setup a potential knockout. If it goes to a decision, then the judges are to base off who hurt their opponent the most in each round.

Fury may have out skilled Wilder, but he did very little damage and he didn't even try to. Yes you should be as skillful as possible, but you still got to hurt your opponent. Wilder punches actually did more damage despite the lack of accuracy and he eventually got 2 knockdowns (the last one being a knockout if the ref counted right). Mayweather Jr. ruined how the public judges boxing matches.

None of these remarks are relevant to who should have won the boxing match. The object is not to KO your opponent, the point is not to setup knockouts, the point is not even to hurt or damage your opponent. That simply isn't the criteria being used to judge boxing. You can win without doing any of them better than your opponent. As Fury clearly did.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1705 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 3, 2018 12:42 am

Butch718 wrote:Stevenson is in a medically induced coma. Not sure how I feel about this. It’s hard to sympathize with a former pimp, who participated in the traffic, rape and mental and physical abuse of young women.

Also, he got off lucky(4 years only)considering all the horrific sh*t he did. So for all those that said he was reformed, **** that.

My take exactly. Maybe the worst human being in the sport. They literally had underage girls tied up (like that scene from Seven).
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,776

Post#1706 » by jc23 » Mon Dec 3, 2018 1:10 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
Butch718 wrote:Stevenson is in a medically induced coma. Not sure how I feel about this. It’s hard to sympathize with a former pimp, who participated in the traffic, rape and mental and physical abuse of young women.

Also, he got off lucky(4 years only)considering all the horrific sh*t he did. So for all those that said he was reformed, **** that.

My take exactly. Maybe the worst human being in the sport. They literally had underage girls tied up (like that scene from Seven).

didnt know about his backstory, with some crimes i dont feel people deserve a second chance.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Post#1707 » by Rich Rane » Mon Dec 3, 2018 1:17 am

I'm sure everyone knows how this works, but keeping things in perspective:

8 Fury rounds x 10 = 80
2 Wilder rounds x 9 = 18
2 Wilder rounds w/ KD x 8 = 16
Fury = 114 points

4 Wilder rounds x 10 = 40
8 Fury rounds x 9 = 72
Wilder = 112 points

On the mathematical side of Wilder-Fury, with the two knockdowns, Fury would have had to win at least 8 rounds to win the fight (assuming no tied rounds). 7-5 would've ended in a draw. Anyway, it all stems to believing if you thought Wilder lost at least 8 rounds. I'm guessing you'll find many people who think he did.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1708 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 3, 2018 1:32 am

But his punches were so big and scary!!! You throw scary punches, you win the round. 122-106 Wilder. (bonus points for when you throw a punch without bending the elbow)
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,033
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#1709 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Dec 3, 2018 4:14 am

At least boxing judges don't even pretend that the fix isn't in. MMA judges really are incompetent. :lol:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,480

Post#1710 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 9:18 pm

Wilder posting videos saying Fury didn't beat the count and that he was robbed. First of all it appears Wilder doesn't know the boxing rules. The video he posted saying Fury didn't beat the count, the countdown starts right when his left hand lands on Fury. The countdown isn't supposed to start at minimum a second after the fighter drops. Also it's not a 10 second count, it's the ref 10 count. Some refs have faster counts, some have slower, but it's on the refs count.

The fact that Wilder is posting these videos trying to say he was robbed just looks bad in my opinion. It looks even worse when the majority of people are saying that Fury was the one that was robbed. Wilder should just be happy with the draw and only talking about the rematch.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#1711 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Dec 7, 2018 9:50 pm

Read on Twitter
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,231

Post#1712 » by Papi_swav » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:17 am

Charlo just got robbed WOW ! Boxing really needs to do something about this man, this is horrible. Who is the commissioner?! This happens everytime there's a big fight, I really don't get it.
HeatBeast
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#1713 » by HeatBeast » Sun Jan 6, 2019 9:48 pm

Call me crazy, but somehow I don't miss HBO boxing.

Not because boxing is declining as a sport, oh no it's far from decline (unlike in the early 2010s). But because honestly, the network didn't deserve boxing anymore. Never again can I look at HBO boxing oldies without thinking of the damage and disgust they did to the sport throughout this decade and near the end of the 2000s.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Boban > Wilt
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1714 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:54 am

In all fairness, I can see why Broner thought he won. Getting hit that many times to the head can cause anyone to think like that.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Post#1715 » by Butch718 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:13 am

Jim Gray is a savage.

Also, the hood is about to revoke Broner’s credentials. Man got schooled by a 40 year old that’s not even 50% of what he used to be.
HeatBeast
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#1716 » by HeatBeast » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:36 am

I didn't watch the Pacquiao v. Broner fight, fell asleep early. But I'm not surprised Broner lost. I had him losing by late fight KO, instead it was a UD. I'll give Broner credit for keeping his chin intact, but that may just be because Pacquiao's once great punching power has undoubtedly waned. Either that, or Broner's chin is actually not all that bad.

Broner should move back down to Super Lightweight and stay there for good IMO. Him being a Welterweight is likely going to do him no more favors for the rest his career.

Pacquiao needs one more big fight before retiring, and it shouldn't be against Floyd Mayweather. Somebody undefeated that's in prime shape along with a world title belt in a different organization would be my choice. Errol Spence Jr or Terence Crawford would be major. Win or lose, he'd be facing one of two incredible fighters in their primes. That's an appropriate outing for a penultimate career bout.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Boban > Wilt
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,786

Post#1717 » by Stannis » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:14 pm

BRONER: "I beated him"

Lol
Free Palestine
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1718 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:43 pm

Butch718 wrote:Jim Gray is a savage.

Also, the hood is about to revoke Broner’s credentials. Man got schooled by a 40 year old that’s not even 50% of what he used to be.

Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Post#1719 » by Butch718 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:24 pm

He was also wearing Fashionova shorts. So he automatically takes an L for that.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1720 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:32 pm

Butch718 wrote:He was also wearing Fashionova shorts. So he automatically takes an L for that.

Yeah, what the heck was that? :lol:

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts