ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,509

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread 

Post#1781 » by LofJ » Mon Feb 4, 2019 3:36 pm

If the Pelicans refuse to deal Davis would your team have any interest in trading Ball, KCP, and a protected 1st for Kemba Walker, Jeremy Lamb, and Dwayne Bacon? With some financial finagling you'd still be able to sign another allstar this summer thanks to Kemba's low cap hold.
Lakers24gm
Junior
And1: 118

Post#1782 » by Lakers24gm » Mon Feb 4, 2019 3:52 pm

No way is that enough for AD. Any trade that doesn’t have Ingram, Ball and Kuzma along with 2 first I’m not taking serious.

dean456 wrote:
tviper wrote:
NBA Fiend wrote:Wondering if anyone knows or has heard anything in regards to this. Don't know how true it is but the pelicans are saying they are going to hang onto holiday so I'm assuming the Suns flip players to New Orleans. I can't possibly fathom that the Lakers would want anyone off the suns roster other than booker or Ayton. Once again I thank you for your continued support. :P

http://basketballsocietyonline.com/lonzo-ball-phoenix-suns

Running with the Lonzo to Phoenix rumor, which also included NO getting rid of Solomon Hill's contract, and with roster limits in mind:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

To Lakers: AD/F. Jackson/K. Williams (F. Jackson is absorbed into the Nance TPE)
To NO: J. Jackson/Ingram/Hart/Lance/R. Anderson
To Suns: Lonzo/Beasley/S. Hill/T. Frazier

NO sends out 5 and receives 5. Lakers send out 5 and receive 3. Phoenix sends out 2 and receives 4. So Phoenix would have to waive two players, but I can see Daniels and Crawford being waived as neither will be with them next year. Would probably have to be FRP involved, probably Lakers 2019 FRP to NO, and maybe a future first from PHO to NO, but not sure what J. Jackson's value is. To be honest, not sure about a lot of these players on NO or PHO, but let me know if this looks somewhat plausible, and if not why not. Just messing around after watching the Rams look totally unprepared on offense after 2 weeks of preparation.

I think it will look more like,

Suns get: Lonzo Ball, Solomon Hill
Lakers get: Anthony Davis
Pelicans get: Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, Josh Jackson, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, PHX 1st, LA 1st and cash
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,649

Post#1783 » by dockingsched » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:34 pm

LofJ wrote:If the Pelicans refuse to deal Davis would your team have any interest in trading Ball, KCP, and a protected 1st for Kemba Walker, Jeremy Lamb, and Dwayne Bacon? With some financial finagling you'd still be able to sign another allstar this summer thanks to Kemba's low cap hold.

Impending free agent Kemba is not going to fetch an asset as good as Ball, much less a first too.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#1784 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Feb 4, 2019 11:06 pm

LofJ wrote:If the Pelicans refuse to deal Davis would your team have any interest in trading Ball, KCP, and a protected 1st for Kemba Walker, Jeremy Lamb, and Dwayne Bacon? With some financial finagling you'd still be able to sign another allstar this summer thanks to Kemba's low cap hold.

Mitch is over there. Hes not doing jeanie or magic any favors
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#1785 » by tviper » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:35 am

dean456 wrote:
tviper wrote:
NBA Fiend wrote:Wondering if anyone knows or has heard anything in regards to this. Don't know how true it is but the pelicans are saying they are going to hang onto holiday so I'm assuming the Suns flip players to New Orleans. I can't possibly fathom that the Lakers would want anyone off the suns roster other than booker or Ayton. Once again I thank you for your continued support. :P

http://basketballsocietyonline.com/lonzo-ball-phoenix-suns

Running with the Lonzo to Phoenix rumor, which also included NO getting rid of Solomon Hill's contract, and with roster limits in mind:

To Lakers: AD/F. Jackson/K. Williams (F. Jackson is absorbed into the Nance TPE)
To NO: J. Jackson/Ingram/Hart/Lance/R. Anderson
To Suns: Lonzo/Beasley/S. Hill/T. Frazier

NO sends out 5 and receives 5. Lakers send out 5 and receive 3. Phoenix sends out 2 and receives 4. So Phoenix would have to waive two players, but I can see Daniels and Crawford being waived as neither will be with them next year. Would probably have to be FRP involved, probably Lakers 2019 FRP to NO, and maybe a future first from PHO to NO, but not sure what J. Jackson's value is. To be honest, not sure about a lot of these players on NO or PHO, but let me know if this looks somewhat plausible, and if not why not. Just messing around after watching the Rams look totally unprepared on offense after 2 weeks of preparation.

I think it will look more like,

Suns get: Lonzo Ball, Solomon Hill
Lakers get: Anthony Davis
Pelicans get: Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, Josh Jackson, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, PHX 1st, LA 1st and cash

The rumored offers still have Rondo in the deal, which makes little sense to me, but nevertheless I have adjusted the trade. Including Rondo does provide more flexibility with player movement, so this version has all three teams roster neutral with each getting the same number of players as they are sending out.

To Lakers: AD/F. Jackson/K. Williams/E. Payton/T. Daniels/J. Crawford (F. Jackson is absorbed into the Nance TPE)
To NO: R. Anderson/J. Jackson/Ingram/Kuzma/Rondo
To Suns: Lonzo/Beasley/Lance/S. Hill

NO would also get the Lakers unprotected 2019 FRP and the Suns top 8 protected 2021 FRP
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1786 » by Spens1 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 11:42 am

Honestly, in all honesty, yeah that's a fair package. How many years left on Lamb though.

Then we try lure KD or Kawhi (or worst case scenario, Butler) over here and we have our own big 3.

Would your front office do it though, they seem pretty committed to keeping him.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1787 » by Spens1 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 11:43 am

LAKESHOW wrote:

Mitch is over there. Hes not doing jeanie or magic any favors

He damn well better do us a favour after the mess that was Mozgov and Deng (i'm still salty we had to move off Russell to get rid of that scrub).
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#1788 » by stan francisco » Tue Feb 5, 2019 12:24 pm

KCP for Jabari Parker anyone? Wiretap.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1789 » by tugs » Tue Feb 5, 2019 2:57 pm

Hoping for a curve ball for Marc Gasol without gutting the core. Zu+BI or KCP +picks perhaps?
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#1790 » by NBAWestFan » Tue Feb 5, 2019 9:53 pm

Trade Lonzo to Minnesota and see how Lavar likes the weather

Ball has to go. His dad and family has twice tried to hold up Talks, get the coach fired.

I think Ball father won't stop getting in the way of his son's career.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#1791 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Feb 5, 2019 10:07 pm

Read on Twitter
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#1792 » by stan francisco » Tue Feb 5, 2019 11:40 pm

Keeping fingers crossed for Ariza. Difference maker for our season if we get him.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
jPHENOM5
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#1793 » by jPHENOM5 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 5:45 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybjl3kda

+ picks from Lakers and Phx to Pelicans
carjoch_831
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#1794 » by carjoch_831 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 1:02 am

How about Ellington if PHX is involved in the AD trade. Surround LBJ and AD with shooters.
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#1795 » by tviper » Thu Feb 7, 2019 5:18 am

Would Pelicans want Beal?

WAS receives Ingram/Hart/LAL 2021 FRP
NO receives Beal/Ball/Zu/LAL 2019 FRP
LAL receives AD/Payton

NO has to keep Hill, but gets a better package, and LAL keeps Kuz.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yap4sbvk
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#1796 » by Penberthy » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:06 am

Lebron+2frp for AD+Randle

Ball (32) Hart (16) Bonga
Klay (34) Hart (14)
Kuzma (18) Ingram (30)
Randle (30) Kuzma (12) AD (6)
AD (28) Zu (20) Wagner
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#1797 » by mcscotty » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:50 am

There is no way the Lakers are trading Lebron. You just can't get one of the greatest players ever to agree to a long term deal and then turn around and trade him for a haul of talent. Not saying it's a bad idea, but history will not remember it kindly.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1798 » by Spens1 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:53 am

mcscotty wrote:There is no way the Lakers are trading Lebron. You just can't get one of the greatest players ever to agree to a long term deal and then turn around and trade him for a haul of talent. Not saying it's a bad idea, but history will not remember it kindly.

Tbh

1. He's highly overrated
2. he's being a locker room cancer

I'd do the deal, no point really bringing Randle back though.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,954

Post#1799 » by Optms » Thu Feb 7, 2019 5:33 pm

NBAWestFan wrote:Trade Lonzo to Minnesota and see how Lavar likes the weather

Ball has to go. His dad and family has twice tried to hold up Talks, get the coach fired.

I think Ball father won't stop getting in the way of his son's career.

Man. What the hell.

LaVar is starting to go off pointing fingers at everyone within the organization minus Lonzo. With his dad on the offensive undermining everything we are doing and the trade rumors possibly effecting Lonzo now, this clown show needs to end. He's simply not worth keeping on the roster anymore.

Love Lonzo but I seriously think his dad is going to ruin his career. What a clown show that family has become. Get him off while he still has value, please.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1800 » by Spens1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Radical offseason plan:

Pick - 14th (not hopeful of the playoffs)

Bol Bol (somehow mocked at 16th according to tankathon, not sure what Givony has him at). He'd be basically like getting Porzingis lite in the late lottery, obviously we have to go for it.

Purchase/Trade for Picks:

Rui Hachimura - Hachimura will probably cost us a solid asset (maybe Josh Hart) to get into the 20's but he can be a solid player. I think he would be a very good prospect to grow here as well, really he's a lottery talent so if he is slipping, we should go for it. Also feeds into what i'd do later on in F.A

Charles Bassey - (Apparently slipped into the second round of the mock drafts, he's still a top prospect who could end up being an NBA starter one day).

Markus Howard - The P.G out of Marquette shows a lot of promise to be able to transition his game out to the NBA.

Free Agency:

Kawhi Leonard S&T: Kawhi Leonard for Lebron James

This one is controversial and would probably put us at odds with Klutch sports forever but here me out, is it worth having a relationship with klutch if we have this many problems around. Anyway, Lebron on the Raptors is a contender no doubt. We get a new franchise player

Anthony Davis for Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma + Josh Jackson + 2 firsts (20, 22)

The risk is real with this one, but it will be worth it if we get Davis. Lonzo won't move so we may as well send him to Phoenix and i don't think they really want him or Hart anyway. They get the main two guys and firsts (we'll have to get creative, buying firsts and early seconds).

Sign Kemba Walker

Use whatever F.A space we have after this to sign Kemba, it won't quiet be a max but it will be close enough to one. He's be phenomenal and a big 3 of Kawhi, A.D and Kemba is a title contending one.

Other targets:

Terrence Ross

Use the MLE on him. Decent enough S.G, good 3pt shooter, not a great defender but that's fine honestly. If not him, keeping Bullock should be fine.

Patrick Beverley

Not sure how and what contract, but absolutely a must. Is an absolute beast on defence and having a guard like that would help tremendously.

Tyreke Evans

After his season in Indiana, we may be able to get him. Given that Kemba doesn't neccesarily always pass, we may need another passer on the team, Evans fills that mould perfectly. Could easily be put in the position Lance is in currently.

Trevor Ariza

Someone we remember fondly for his contributions previously. Now bringing him back as a vet to help off the bench in another potential title run, would he take the minimum though given he left us the first time over 300k.

Marcus Morris

Solid if not unspectacular P.F. Can shoot the 3pter well enough and is a tough player.

Bobby Portis

Will he hit F.A for us to come in and swoop in, would we be able to do a S&T for him if he's on a reasonable deal?

Brook Lopez

Why did we ever let him go......

Robin Lopez

If we can't get Brook, then Rob wouldn't be a bad alternative, if not for completely different reasons.

Walker- Evans/Ross/Bullock - Leonard - Hachimura - Davis

Return to Los Angeles Lakers