UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya

Moderator: CPT

User avatar
Prez
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 21,242
And1: 29,458
Joined: Jan 26, 2015
 

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#21 » by Prez » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:34 am

Thon in some trouble here
TroyD92
RealGM
Posts: 15,201
And1: 5,495
Joined: Mar 28, 2013
Location: Renewed Hope
 

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#22 » by TroyD92 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:41 am

What a **** card. Hopefully Izzy puts on a show.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.
User avatar
Slo
Head Coach
Posts: 6,194
And1: 8,526
Joined: Jan 12, 2003
Location: Slovenia
Contact:

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#23 » by Slo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:13 am

Worst PPV main event ever
TroyD92
RealGM
Posts: 15,201
And1: 5,495
Joined: Mar 28, 2013
Location: Renewed Hope
 

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#24 » by TroyD92 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:15 am

Just a **** card. Izzy playing Silva's game and it didnt go like he would have liked.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.
TroyD92
RealGM
Posts: 15,201
And1: 5,495
Joined: Mar 28, 2013
Location: Renewed Hope
 

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#25 » by TroyD92 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:15 am

Slo wrote:Worst PPV main event ever


Might have been the worst ppv ever.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.
User avatar
duppyy
RealGM
Posts: 14,923
And1: 8,502
Joined: Aug 04, 2004
Location: ???????, ??????
       

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#26 » by duppyy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:20 am

Slo wrote:Worst PPV main event ever


You sure about that?
User avatar
Susan
RealGM
Posts: 16,388
And1: 3,300
Joined: Jan 25, 2005
Location: jackfinn & Scott May appreciation society
     

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#27 » by Susan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:21 am

I enjoyed that fight, not sure what you guys expected but man that was fun.
User avatar
goodboy
RealGM
Posts: 40,673
And1: 164,227
Joined: Aug 07, 2014
Location: Mount Olympus
 

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#28 » by goodboy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:24 am

Was a fun fight for me, and both those guys.

Wish that flying knee landed though.
The Rightful Heir To The Banner
User avatar
High 5
RealGM
Posts: 15,124
And1: 1,696
Joined: Apr 21, 2006

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#29 » by High 5 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:32 am

It wasn't great, but if you went down the list I'm sure you could find at least 75 worse main events to watch. The 2nd round was fairly entertaining and competitive.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,498
And1: 29,326
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#30 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:36 am

Damn I wont lie, after Whittaker dropped out, I just completely forgot to spend my time to watch the main event. Forgot it was on until I checked on here. Saw the main event went to a decision. How did Israel look? Was it a pretty dominating 3 rounds for him?
User avatar
AirCanadaMouse
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,807
And1: 1,498
Joined: Nov 10, 2014
       

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#31 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:42 am

This was utter shite. But I won a lot of money as these fights went as I predicted.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Image
Thank you Turbozone
User avatar
AirCanadaMouse
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,807
And1: 1,498
Joined: Nov 10, 2014
       

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#32 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:44 am

TroyD92 wrote:I like Crute, but it's impossible to go against Sam Alvey


He’s one of the more boring fighters on the roster. Also, his reaction towards Goddard (best ref in mma) was totally uncalled for. The stoppage was fine, he got dropped badly just before too.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Image
Thank you Turbozone
User avatar
High 5
RealGM
Posts: 15,124
And1: 1,696
Joined: Apr 21, 2006

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#33 » by High 5 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:53 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Damn I wont lie, after Whittaker dropped out, I just completely forgot to spend my time to watch the main event. Forgot it was on until I checked on here. Saw the main event went to a decision. How did Israel look? Was it a pretty dominating 3 rounds for him?


Not really dominant at all. Silva won the 2nd (IMO, one judge agreed) and even when he faded away in the 3rd Israel didn't do too much. It's hard to judge these emotional, "passing of the torch" fights too harshly though.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,498
And1: 29,326
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#34 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:55 am

High 5 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Damn I wont lie, after Whittaker dropped out, I just completely forgot to spend my time to watch the main event. Forgot it was on until I checked on here. Saw the main event went to a decision. How did Israel look? Was it a pretty dominating 3 rounds for him?


Not really dominant at all. Silva won the 2nd (IMO, one judge agreed) and even when he faded away in the 3rd Israel didn't do too much. It's hard to judge these emotional, "passing of the torch" fights too harshly though.


Ya we have seen it many times where the young guys struggle against the guys they looked up to. Im very curious on who Israel gets next.
User avatar
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 36,743
And1: 7,873
Joined: Jul 19, 2005
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#35 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Silva isn’t as explosive to finish like he was when he was younger, and he still has 0 desire to point fight.

I honestly feel like he could have decisioned Israel if he didn’t eat easily avoidable stuff looking for a KO.

Was a competitive fight though, and I think it opened Israel’s eyes some for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,163
And1: 906
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#36 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:25 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:I like Crute, but it's impossible to go against Sam Alvey


He’s one of the more boring fighters on the roster. Also, his reaction towards Goddard (best ref in mma) was totally uncalled for. The stoppage was fine, he got dropped badly just before too.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


Absolutely. A journeyman turtles like that? I legitimately thought he was doing the pride saving, basically-a-submission turtle. Like Dolloway did in that infamous fight. Looked like he wanted out
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
User avatar
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 36,743
And1: 7,873
Joined: Jul 19, 2005
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum - Silva vs Adesanya 

Post#37 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:49 am

Also, RAni Yahya looked about as clumsy and unskilled and unathletic as I've ever seen someone look inside the octagon.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts