Re: John Wall On Playing Through Injuries: It 'Caught Up To Me'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

John Wall On Playing Through Injuries: It 'Caught Up To Me' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:05 pm

John Wall said his attempts at playing through injuries finally caught up to him after he recently ruptured his Achilles. 

"I guess God is telling me something. To sit down and get yourself fully healthy. I've played through injuries my whole career. I know a lot of people who played through injuries and don't sit down. That's one thing I don't like to do. If something that's nagging or not broken, I want to play. I guess it kind of caught up to me," said Wall.

Wall was already out for the season after getting surgery to repair bone spurs in his heel. The Achilles rupture was discovered after a doctor was cleaning out an infection in the area.

"I understand I had an infection and getting off antibiotics, I felt like something wasn't going right. I slipped, but I don't think that's the main reason...my pain was still the same. I didn't have discomfort," added Wall.

Wall also stated that Bradley Beal should start in the All-Star Game.

"I felt like he should have been an All-Star starter, with the numbers he's put up and carrying this team throughout the year. You don't see too many other guards doing that other than probably James Harden."

Via ESPN

likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#2 » by likashing » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Dude Beal is a nice player but he is “carrying” this team to 24-32 in the East with 4 teams that should be in the WNBA instead as well as 2 “playoff” teams below .500
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#3 » by arasu » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 pm

likashing wrote:Dude Beal is a nice player but he is “carrying” this team to 24-32 in the East with 4 teams that should be in the WNBA instead as well as 2 “playoff” teams below .500

Beal's W/L record without Wall is above .500. Wall is a chemistry killer. Beal is a borderline franchise caliber player on a team currently with a similar record as Anthony Davis' team. Yes, the East has some bad teams, but they also have the two best teams in the NBA. And Beal carried the Wizards to a win over one of those teams and a narrow double overtime loss against the other one, with a 43 point, 15 assist triple double.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#4 » by TimRobbins » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Playing injured is flat-out dumb.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#5 » by Fresh360Waves » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:42 am

It's going to be interesting to see how Wall plays once he recovers from the Achilles injury.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,527

Post#6 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:06 am

Fresh360Waves wrote:It's going to be interesting to see how Wall plays once he recovers from the Achilles injury.

Who are you more excited to see return from injury in the coming years, J.J. Barea or John Wall? I know Barea's a slightly better player, but Wall's got that bust #1 pick mystique.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#7 » by johanliebert » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am

Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:It's going to be interesting to see how Wall plays once he recovers from the Achilles injury.

Who are you more excited to see return from injury in the coming years, J.J. Barea or John Wall? I know Barea's a slightly better player, but Wall's got that bust #1 pick mystique.

Barea a better player? Not even close I know people hate wall but let’s live in reality.

For a guy who plays with such passion I never got the hate. One of the rare guys who would play the same whether he’s a vet min guy or max contract.

I would never question his commitment to the game or team this him playing through injuries.

There’s also nothing to observe as a player wall is done.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,533

Post#8 » by Furinkazan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:57 pm

likashing wrote:Dude Beal is a nice player but he is “carrying” this team to 24-32 in the East with 4 teams that should be in the WNBA instead as well as 2 “playoff” teams below .500

delusional... same as he declared himslef best point guard in the league :lol: so in his mind Beal is 2nd best SG in the league. :lol:
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#9 » by kio80 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:00 pm

johanliebert wrote:
Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:

Barea a better player? Not even close I know people hate wall but let’s live in reality.

For a guy who plays with such passion I never got the hate. One of the rare guys who would play the same whether he’s a vet min guy or max contract.

I would never question his commitment to the game or team this him playing through injuries.

There are at least 3 players better than John wall in the team.

1. Satoransky
2. Ariza
3. Beal

I can probably name a few more but I am tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,527

Post#10 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:00 am

johanliebert wrote:
Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:

I picked Barea as a joke since he was the only PG I could name who was also out for the season, but that aside, I'm not hating on Wall so much as wondering why anyone would be interested in seeing Wall play 1.5 years from now. He's just flat out not very good. I don't understand why a not very good player who's on arguably the worst contract in the league would have so many fans.

Return to Wiretap Discussion