Kevin Durant's Thirty Five Ventures In Process Of Move To New York Office Building

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Kevin Durant's Thirty Five Ventures In Process Of Move To New York Office Building 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:59 pm

Kevin Durant has used his basketball career, fame and capital to participate in a number of business ventures.

"My platform is hoops," Durant said. "Billions of people are watching, so why not leverage it to do the cool stuff that we like to do?"

Durant has been working with Rich Kleiman for the past six years. They have invested in 50 companies as Thirty Five Ventures, including Postmates and a drone company called Skydio.

Durant and Kleiman refer to each other as "my best friend" and sometimes even "brother."

"We just met at, like, the perfect point," Durant said of Kleiman. "We both hit our peaks at the same time."

Thirty Five Ventures has 10 employees at the moment and is moving into a new office building in New York City.

Durant will be a free agent this offseason and has been linked in the media with the New York Knicks.

Via Ramona Shelburne/ESPN

The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Re: Kevin Durant's Thirty Five Ventures In Process Of Move To New York Office Building 

Post#2 » by The Laker Kid » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 am

He gawn
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,157

Re: Kevin Durant's Thirty Five Ventures In Process Of Move To New York Office Building 

Post#3 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:04 am

Still don't totally buy the Knicks talk, but I must admit, it's getting more real.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#4 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:11 am

Where was their office previously? Was it in NY and they are opening a new office in NY?

Wouldn't be surprised.

However, what I found on google, the company's address is in Austin, it was registered in Virginia. So even if they are opening a new location in NY, it means nothing about where Durant would be playing next season. The business is doing what's best for the business.
pjiggz
Junior
And1: 25

Post#5 » by pjiggz » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:07 am

The Laker Kid wrote:He gawn

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,698

Post#6 » by the_process » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:16 am

Durant to NY confirmed. Good for the Knicks, it's about time they're relevant again. Also Zion to NY confirmed, just ask Patrick Ewing. So who does their other max go to?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,698

Post#7 » by the_process » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:18 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:Where was their office previously? Was it in NY and they are opening a new office in NY?

Wouldn't be surprised.

However, what I found on google, the company's address is in Austin, it was registered in Virginia. So even if they are opening a new location in NY, it means nothing about where Durant would be playing next season. The business is doing what's best for the business.

Just like Klutch being in LA (and his production company too) had nothing to do with LeBron to LA.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#8 » by Yosemite Dan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:29 am

He’s definately NY bound and I’m sure Kyrie is gonna join him. LOL the Celts might be a lottery team next year with Kyrie gone and they end up giving half the team to NO for Davis who will play half the games.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#9 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:38 am

the_process wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:Where was their office previously? Was it in NY and they are opening a new office in NY?

Wouldn't be surprised.

Just like Klutch being in LA (and his production company too) had nothing to do with LeBron to LA.

One could argue having the production company in LA, is the best place to have a production company. But that's also a different situation and really provides no relevant information for this one.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#10 » by BigHustle » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:48 am

RK has always stated love of nyk. RK lives in ny already.... maybe KD wants to ease the travel burden on his guy and move to ny.
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,714

Post#11 » by JBreezeNY » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:56 am

Wouldn't be surprised.

So out of all the cities, they chose NY to be the headquarters and that means nothing at all right?

Sure just like Klutch Sports going from Cleveland & moving to LA had nothing to do with Lebron...absolutely nothing....yup...nothing at all...
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#12 » by likashing » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:01 am

The Knicks!
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
USWAY
Sixth Man
And1: 1,140

Post#13 » by USWAY » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:11 am

We ignored it last year when LeBron bought multiple houses in LA. Eyes wide open this time around. Durant's definitely going to NY
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#14 » by Sam195 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:41 am

I don't think it Is is a coincidence this move takes place days after the TRADE DEADLINE !!! If this happened weeks or months earlier - I cannot imagine those Venture Capitalists who own the Warriors not gauging Durant's trade value especially when the lakers are offering the farm for Anthony Davis. We could have seen a Deron Williams to the nets situation (Utah traded Deron just based on the assets being thrown around in trade talks between the nets, knicks, bulls and lakers in 2011 to land Carmelo). Utah ended up getting a haul for Deron that was much higher than what New Orleans ended up trading CP3 (who was the better player at that point) to the Clippers for months later. The Deron Williams return has been much higher than most superstars traded since and ironically he is washed up and out of the league right now. The only trade that may eclipse the Deron Williams and Carmelo Anthony returns will be what New Orleans gets from Boston or even the lakers for Anthony Davis.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#15 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:17 am

JBreezeNY wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised.

So out of all the cities, they chose NY to be the headquarters and that means nothing at all right?

Sure just like Klutch Sports going from Cleveland & moving to LA had nothing to do with Lebron...absolutely nothing....yup...nothing at all...

NYC is the business capital of the US. I don't know if Durant is going to NY, but he wouldn't have to for this to make sense.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#16 » by WargamesX » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:58 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised.

NYC is the business capital of the US. I don't know if Durant is going to NY, but he wouldn't have to for this to make sense.

He's more or less in San Francisco which is basically the business capital of the US on the West Coast. Not to say that if there is smoke that there is a fire, but this is definitely some noteworthy smoke.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,148

Post#17 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:02 am

Wouldn't be surprised.

According for Google the office is in San Fran right now..
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,616

Post#18 » by Psubs » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:14 am

the_process wrote:Durant to NY confirmed. Good for the Knicks, it's about time they're relevant again. Also Zion to NY confirmed, just ask Patrick Ewing. So who does their other max go to?

Kyrie-Butler-Durant-Zion-Robinson

25-25-35-7-2
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#19 » by Donnyxc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:18 pm

As a basketball fan, I want to see KD in NY
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
2hard2guard
Junior
And1: 15

Post#20 » by 2hard2guard » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:29 pm

For me a suffering Knicks fan for 30 years I do not want this joker here ! First off he will be 32 by next sept ! His body is starting to break down already ! He has 3 Good years left ! The knicks ain't winning nothing soon ! He is all about himself ! & mental snow flake ! The media will eat this guy up here in NY ! The best guy for the Knicks is kawhi & hopefully kyrie as well.let this joker go to the Lakers ! They struck out with AD so Lebron will be on magic Johnsons ass you know that **** ! Lebron welds the bat !

Return to Wiretap Discussion