Michael Malone On Isaiah Thomas: He's Having A Profound Impact On Our Young Players

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Michael Malone On Isaiah Thomas: He's Having A Profound Impact On Our Young Players 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:37 am

Michael Malone praised Isaiah Thomas' impact and leadership on the Denver Nuggets despite having not played a game this season.

“Even while he’s not playing, he’s still having a profound impact on our young players. His voice, his leadership in huddles during games in practices and in the locker room. We have a relatively quiet group, and one thing I think everybody knows that’s been around Isaiah is that he’s not quiet and that’s a good thing. That’s a good thing for our team. He brings an energy and a voice and a leadership that we sorely miss," said Malone.

Thomas has struck up a close relationship with Monte Morris.

“His leadership alone helps us. We probably wouldn’t be this high in the West if he wasn’t in our locker room giving us tips on guys he played and just knowing how to pull through. I look up to him a lot, not just because he plays my position, but because of what he’s been through and everything,” said Morris.

Thomas is close to making his return for the Nuggets following hip surgery.

Via Harrison Wind/BSN Denver

IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Re: Michael Malone On Isaiah Thomas: He's Having A Profound Impact On Our Young Players 

Post#2 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:30 am

Less talk, more action. I wanna see Malone let IT get out on the floor. Then we'll really get to see his leadership skills...
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Re: Michael Malone On Isaiah Thomas: He's Having A Profound Impact On Our Young Players 

Post#3 » by Revived » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:32 am

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:Less talk, more action. I wanna see Malone let IT get out on the floor. Then we'll really get to see his leadership skills...

IT and Jokic together on the court will be challenging for Malone to overcome defensively.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#4 » by WargamesX » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:33 pm

I bet there is a certain locker room in Boston that wish they had IT's leadership right now.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#5 » by Donnyxc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 pm

WargamesX wrote:I bet there is a certain locker room in Boston that wish they had IT's leadership right now.

Yes. That was one of the most fun Celtics teams in a long time. sigh.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
antonac
Starter
And1: 2,196

Post#6 » by antonac » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Revived wrote:
IAMZOOTED2 wrote:Less talk, more action. I wanna see Malone let IT get out on the floor. Then we'll really get to see his leadership skills...

IT and Jokic together on the court will be challenging for Malone to overcome defensively.

unlikely they see much, if any, court time together. IT was brought in as a bench energy guy, Jokic is low minutes for a team leader, usually around the 30 mark, IT was always in to fill the ball handling gap and provide points while he sits.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#7 » by BigHustle » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:15 pm

WargamesX wrote:I bet there is a certain locker room in Boston that wish they had IT's leadership right now.

Yes, the effort level would improve quickly.... probably leadership too. Can’t see KI and IT meshing well together...

Return to Wiretap Discussion