ImageImageImage

OT: Champions League / Europa League

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,674

OT: Champions League / Europa League 

Post#1 » by Romeiro Celtic » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:19 pm

Hey fellas, since I don't know anywhere else to discuss about soccer on the internet, I'd like to start a thread here about the CL that will hold the Round of 16 today. I know that there are fans of soccer here with me, so let's begiinnnn...
(Please mods <3)

Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,620

Re: OT: Champions League 

Post#2 » by jirrit » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:23 pm

Man U and Roma are gonna win today. Tomorrow I hope Ajax is gonna surprise Real.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,829

Post#3 » by truth18 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:26 pm

BVB

BVB

BVB
YOU LOSE
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,674

Post#4 » by Romeiro Celtic » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:32 pm

jirrit wrote:Man U and Roma are gonna win today. Tomorrow I hope Ajax is gonna surprise Real.

Agreed, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Porto win today, Roma has been lacking consistency on Serie A.

Ajax have a very solid team to surprise Real, De Jong and De Ligt have been really great.

PSG is without Neymar and Cavani, so its already a downforce, they still have a very good team, but I think United are a step above from them now with their streak.
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
FutureIsGreen
Junior
And1: 236

Post#5 » by FutureIsGreen » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:52 pm

Came here thinking I would agree that NBA should divide like Soccer Does.

Start first year off with top 10 payrolls being in Highest Division. Middle 10 Div 2 Rest in Div 3.

Carry on then... soccer it is. Enjoy fellas.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,463

Post#6 » by KGtabake » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:32 pm

Mbappe is a real prodigy.
Reminds me of Ronaldo(the brasilian ofc) more than any other player in the last 15 years.
He will take over the world as soon as Messi and C.Ronaldo start to slow down.
Paris SG are actually good this season. Man Utd need to reshape at summer.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
tombattor
General Manager
And1: 807

Post#7 » by tombattor » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:30 pm

jirrit wrote:Man U and Roma are gonna win today. Tomorrow I hope Ajax is gonna surprise Real.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not happening.

I'm expecting a 4-peat.
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,946

Post#8 » by Drax » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:35 pm

tombattor wrote:

I'm expecting a 4-peat.

Not one, not two, not three, not ... i see what you did there but the arrogant female star is no longer in Madrid therefor you gonna have a tough time ...
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
tombattor
General Manager

Post#9 » by tombattor » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:44 pm

Drax wrote:
tombattor wrote:

I'm expecting a 4-peat.

Not one, not two, not three, not ... i see what you did there but the arrogant female star is no longer in Madrid therefor you gonna have a tough time ...

LOL. Still didn't get over that 5-goal butt kicking from CR7 last year, huh? And don't forget, we still have the current balon d'or winner.
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,946

Post#10 » by Drax » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:02 pm

tombattor wrote:LOL. Still didn't get over that 5-goal butt kicking from CR7 last year, huh? And don't forget, we still have the current balon d'or winner.

Naaa im actually good, long overdue rebuild incoming. You didn't get the sarcasm, Lebron reference ...
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#11 » by captain green » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:39 pm

Ajax is in Amsterdam and I watched a game there I think it's Ajax? Blown away about the fans I thought America had crazy fan, nope not even close . I felt like I was at a riot combined with a phish festival.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
truth18
RealGM

Post#12 » by truth18 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:42 pm

captain green wrote:Ajax is in Amsterdam and I watched a game there I think it's Ajax? Blown away about the fans I thought America had crazy fan, nope not even close . I felt like I was at a riot combined with a phish festival.

Why?

America is the diet soda of sports fans. We **** suck. I do my best but even the Eagles games in Philly are mild compared to division 7 soccer games overseas.
YOU LOSE
truth18
RealGM

Post#13 » by truth18 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:42 pm

captain green wrote:Ajax is in Amsterdam and I watched a game there I think it's Ajax? Blown away about the fans I thought America had crazy fan, nope not even close . I felt like I was at a riot combined with a phish festival.

Why? What have you seen in this country that would lead you to believe otherwise?

America is the diet soda of sports fans. We **** suck. I do my best when I go to live games but even the Eagles games in Philly are mild compared to division 7 soccer games overseas, and Philly is the most sports crazed american city I've lived in.
YOU LOSE
tombattor
General Manager

Post#14 » by tombattor » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:52 pm

Drax wrote:
tombattor wrote:LOL. Still didn't get over that 5-goal butt kicking from CR7 last year, huh? And don't forget, we still have the current balon d'or winner.

Naaa im actually good, long overdue rebuild incoming. You didn't get the sarcasm, Lebron reference ...

I get it now. But I do love me some CR7.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#15 » by captain green » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:15 pm

truth18 wrote:

Why? What have you seen in this country that would lead you to believe otherwise?

America is the diet soda of sports fans. We **** suck. I do my best when I go to live games but even the Eagles games in Philly are mild compared to division 7 soccer games overseas, and Philly is the most sports crazed american city I've lived in.

Mostly because I've only seen fans in usa. I watched when philly when they removed stop light's and police were like nope not doing anything to a 1000 fans.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#16 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:02 am

captain green wrote:
truth18 wrote:

Mostly because I've only seen fans in usa. I watched when philly when they removed stop light's and police were like nope not doing anything to a 1000 fans.

To be fair our games are solely American city team vs American city team.

And we have the most dominant military in the world so we don't have small dick syndrome like say a Denmark would.

For other nations with competitions like this it's a simulation of war and nationalism for them. So it's a much different competition overall and has a lot more wrapped up in it then merely a sporting event.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,620

Post#17 » by jirrit » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:49 am

tombattor wrote:

I'm expecting a 4-peat.

LOL Ajax actually deserved to win this. If they didn't go for this so called offside goal I don't see Real coming back. A 4-peat ain't happening btw.
C-West
Bench Warmer
And1: 491

Post#18 » by C-West » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:28 am

Juve! Why do we always seem to draw Athletico?? Some good battles over the years and I like our chances, but this is getting old and I am worried about the matchup.

I’m also a BVB fan, by the way. I lived and worked in Germany and Switzerland when I was younger, adopted BVB as my team, and have stuck with it. I’ve got gear, but nothing compared to my Juve collection. I have a Juve framed print on my office wall above my desk, right next to my Sox, Pats and C’s prints.

And, for what it is worth, I am an LAFC season ticket holder. VERY fun first season and looking forward to the next. Best American soccer stadium, in my opinion. Awesome experience going to an LAFC game, and if any of you are in LA for a home game, let me know. I have 3 seats and my family sometimes cannot go.
Ascrilas
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,612

Post#19 » by Ascrilas » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:18 pm

Two great matchups in Liverpool-Bayern and Lyon-Barca today. Especially the first one, obviously. Should be a close and exciting tie even though Pool is missing some crucial players and Bayern is not at its strongest right now.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,463

Post#20 » by KGtabake » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:27 pm

Van Dijk is out. We're screwed.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.

Return to Boston Celtics