ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Re: OT: Karl Malone a pediphile/statutory rapist? 

Post#1061 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:44 pm

br7knicks wrote:
King of Canada wrote:I always thought there was something off about Malone with the whole trucking thing. Seemed strange for a wealthy grown man.

Well, he was a small town kid. That's really the mentality we're brought up with - when you're finished with HS, time to go to work right away. If you happen to go to college, you come back when you're done and follow the path of your parents. So I'm not surprised by him wanting to do that stuff when he was done with basketball.

Being naive to the real world can be really **** when leave your small town. Youre brought up thinking people are genuinely nice and look out for one another. You don't have exposure to how **** up and **** people are until you leave your small town.

It doesn't excuse what he did. And I'm surprised he hasn't been exposed as much as others

The bold is what I thought literally while reading the entire post :wink:
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 639

Re: OT: FBI Agent Regrets Involving NBA In Tim Donaghy Probe 

Post#1062 » by Galou » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:51 pm

Adam Silver better make sure Knicks win the 1st. I dont care if theres a conspiracyc. Zion is made for the Knicks yo
F$+*k the Nets.
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#1063 » by SmoothLefty21 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:52 pm

Bob Ross wrote:This is old news, which is why it isnt talked about. Grandfathered into the age when Victims didnt have a voice and athletes were protected.

Like how Whitey Ford was the same way, rapist of girls

Old as in like 15 years old, right? I swear this was news while he was still playing or shortly after he retired.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,779

Re: OT: Karl Malone a pedophile/statutory rapist? 

Post#1064 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:48 pm

This is in no way an apology for KM impregnating a 13 year old, no less being a turd and not forking over any $ for the child's support, but in the deep south back then, away from the major cities, it wasn't that weird for 15/16 to be "marrying age".

Heck, met my friends sister in rural Georgia, around 1983 and she was 15, barefoot and pregnant and married.
At least the husband was 17.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,165

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too - Mecca's got a book on pg 51 

Post#1065 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Been lurkin these boards for years but my other forum that I post on is dying so I figures ill come somewhere with actual Knicks fans. Lol Ima post here more often now

Life long Knicks fan. Ive been die hard for the last decade. Hoping we actually land Kd and Kyrie because I have been pretty cocky about it to Knicks haters. They will def rub it in my face if we fail once again lol

These boards never die tho so ill enjoy my time here
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#1066 » by NY2TheBay » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:17 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Um, just asking a question about where he lives. sheesh. I didn't know if he had settled in Utah or not

:lol:

I got you, Clyde. Don't sweat it.

Born in Summerfield, Louisiana, Malone was the youngest of nine children and during his childhood lived on a farm with his single mother, Shirley. His father, Shedrick Hay, was raising a family with another woman he married and committed suicide when Karl Malone was 3; Malone first disclosed that suicide in 1994. As a child, Malone often worked at the farm and chopped trees, hunted, and fished. He attended Summerfield High School and led his basketball team to three consecutive Louisiana Class C titles from 1979 to his senior season in 1981.

Although recruited by University of Arkansas basketball coach Eddie Sutton, Malone enrolled at Louisiana Tech University, which was closer to home.

Southern boy.

EDIT--Yea, his pedo past is was pretty well known unfortunately.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,352

Post#1067 » by F N 11 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:09 am

Damn they was about to clean house.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,352

Post#1068 » by F N 11 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:11 am

Dave DaButcher wrote:
cuyankees wrote:If the fix is in, NBA better fix NYK as the next super team god damn it!

How is it fixed ? I’m lost y’all lol

Edit: well damn I peeped :lol:
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#1069 » by cuyankees » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:15 am

F N 11 wrote:
Dave DaButcher wrote:
cuyankees wrote:If the fix is in, NBA better fix NYK as the next super team god damn it!

How is it fixed ? I’m lost y’all lol

Turn up your speakers and listen closely.

Stern says "Dave, it's time, #2 max, promise".
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,746

Post#1070 » by Adelheid » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:28 am

I agree with the sentiments of the FBI dude...they should have kept a tightly closely lid on the probe. Would have indicted much more referees by now.
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#1071 » by denterprise » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:37 am

Adelheid wrote:I agree with the sentiments of the FBI dude...they should have kept a tightly closely lid on the probe. Would have indicted much more referees by now.

With someone from the league office leaking the news I believe it could have gone beyond the referees.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#1072 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:53 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
br7knicks wrote:Thought this was very well known?

I never heard/read any reports. I don't even think it was ever posted here before.

There were tons of jokes from early 2000's about how many NFL players were deliveries of the Mail Man.

There were actually quite a few athletes that Malone was allegedly the father too and some who he would never talk to.

We all know about Dwight Howard too right?
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#1073 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:00 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
King of Canada wrote:I always thought there was something off about Malone with the whole trucking thing. Seemed strange for a wealthy grown man.

Karl Malone like truck. Truck transport Karl Malone fishing and hunting gear to camp ground where Karl Malone like to fish and hunt. Karl Malone say you shouldn’t comment about truck.

2 for 1 social justice special.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
Bob Ross
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,394

Post#1074 » by Bob Ross » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:11 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:This is old news, which is why it isnt talked about. Grandfathered into the age when Victims didnt have a voice and athletes were protected.

Whitey Ford? :o

Forgot about this post.

Yeah, Whitey Ford. Long story, but my godmother's father was a low level mob associate. He vanished and ended up in a trunk in her early teens.

He was one of the guys who hung around with some of the Yankees and was close with Whitey Ford. He took in my godmother after her father was killed; not out of kindness but to have his own play thing.

She never wanted to talk about it. My mom filled me in on what my godmother wouldnt. So yeah, Whitey Ford
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#1075 » by br7knicks » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:14 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

Well, he was a small town kid. That's really the mentality we're brought up with - when you're finished with HS, time to go to work right away. If you happen to go to college, you come back when you're done and follow the path of your parents. So I'm not surprised by him wanting to do that stuff when he was done with basketball.

Being naive to the real world can be really **** when leave your small town. Youre brought up thinking people are genuinely nice and look out for one another. You don't have exposure to how **** up and **** people are until you leave your small town.

It doesn't excuse what he did. And I'm surprised he hasn't been exposed as much as others

Okay. That's why I wrote it.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#1076 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:20 am

Bob Ross wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Whitey Ford? :o

Forgot about this post.

Yeah, Whitey Ford. Long story, but my godmother's father was a low level mob associate. He vanished and ended up in a trunk in her early teens.

He was one of the guys who hung around with some of the Yankees and was close with Whitey Ford. He took in my godmother after her father was killed; not out of kindness but to have his own play thing.

She never wanted to talk about it. My mom filled me in on what my godmother wouldnt. So yeah, Whitey Ford

POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#1077 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:21 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Karl Malone like truck. Truck transport Karl Malone fishing and hunting gear to camp ground where Karl Malone like to fish and hunt. Karl Malone say you shouldn’t comment about truck.

2 for 1 social justice special.

I know. I enjoy that Jimmy Kimmel impressions so much. Fck you Karl Malone.

It doesn't make me a bad person if I still like those impressions, does it?
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#1078 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:11 pm

br7knicks wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

Okay. That's why I wrote it.

I understand, no offense. Was just trying to emphasize your last paragraph.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1079 » by BKlutch » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:17 pm

Shakespeare's Romeo wanted to marry Juliet, who was only 13 years old. I'm shocked that people back then didn't ever think this was wrong, even though nowadays, nobody decent would write such a work. And not have it considered one of the best plays of all time.

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,062

Post#1080 » by RHODEY » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:29 pm

BKlutch wrote:Shakespeare's Romeo wanted to marry Juliet, who was only 13 years old. I'm shocked that people back then didn't ever think this was wrong, even though nowadays, nobody decent would write such a work. And not have it considered one of the best plays of all time.

When the average life expectancy is ~40 the goal post moves down for marrying age significantly. We only started living till 70-80 in the last century or so.

Return to New York Knicks