Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Lumber Joe, Joey Moses, Beef Jerky Joe - The Official Joe Harris Thread 

Post#601 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:01 am

Lumber Joe.... 3 point Champion.

curry who?!

Glad was ride or die with Joey buckets early on. haters eatin crow!
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,541

Post#602 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:14 am

Joe was cleaning those racks. He really is an elite shooting talent.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#603 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:15 pm

did everyone listen to Joe's interview with Howard Beck on his podcast the Full 48? Great stuff, he's such a genuine guy. I was rolling when he was talking about being able to take shortcuts through the Costco parking lot on the way to the subway, and how he'll never go into a Costco b/c it's always so packed.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Lumber Joe, Joey Moses, Beef Jerky Joe - The Official Joe Harris Thread 

Post#604 » by Paradise » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:27 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Joe was cleaning those racks. He really is an elite shooting talent.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Joey Buckets has gone mainstream!
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#605 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Hopefully Joe Harris can continue his hot form..

Major Congratulations to him. Totally brought his game to another level and well deserved...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#606 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:20 pm

The haters are going to come at me in full force but ill say this... Harris is our second best player right now after Russell. and defintiely our second most important player. When he is out (especially when crabbe was out too) our offense just isnt the same. he puts so much pressure on teams. he isnt one of these scrubs who just sits in the corner waiting to shoot, he moves without the ball, around screens, and when the three isnt there he can get all the way to the rim.

he has also become an average defender
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#607 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:07 pm

Prokorov wrote:The haters are going to come at me in full force but ill say this... Harris is our second best player right now after Russell. and defintiely our second most important player. When he is out (especially when crabbe was out too) our offense just isnt the same. he puts so much pressure on teams. he isnt one of these scrubs who just sits in the corner waiting to shoot, he moves without the ball, around screens, and when the three isnt there he can get all the way to the rim.

second best.... IDK about that.

but right now is he the second most important player? FOR SURE.

I agree those games that he's missed, we're usually down big early on and end up losing the game. Prok you got the team's W-L without him?

He's an average defender, he shoots at an elite level, he drives to the rim off screens is doesn't back down from contact, and he searches for openings. Everything we want and need in a guard/wing in our system.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#608 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:32 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:The haters are going to come at me in full force but ill say this... Harris is our second best player right now after Russell. and defintiely our second most important player. When he is out (especially when crabbe was out too) our offense just isnt the same. he puts so much pressure on teams. he isnt one of these scrubs who just sits in the corner waiting to shoot, he moves without the ball, around screens, and when the three isnt there he can get all the way to the rim.

second best.... IDK about that.

but right now is he the second most important player? FOR SURE.

I agree those games that he's missed, we're usually down big early on and end up losing the game. Prok you got the team's W-L without him?

He's an average defender, he shoots at an elite level, he drives to the rim off screens is doesn't back down from contact, and he searches for openings. Everything we want and need in a guard/wing in our system.

0-5 (Milwakuee, Boston, Cleveland, Washington, Memphis)
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#609 » by JoseRizal » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:06 pm

Seeing how he’s shooting lately makes me regret that we’ve only signed him for 2 years. I would love to keep him at a very reasonable contract for many years to come... Congrats Joe! You’ve arrived!
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#610 » by kamaze » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:06 am

JoseRizal wrote:Seeing how he’s shooting lately makes me regret that we’ve only signed him for 2 years. I would love to keep him at a very reasonable contract for many years to come... Congrats Joe! You’ve arrived!

He's with the program he'll be in Brooklyn for a long time.

I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#611 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Best 3pt % in shoot out history.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#612 » by MGrand15 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:37 pm

Offensively I think Joe is our most important player. When the team is healthy, we have a lot of high level guys in the PNR. We have some pretty good spot up shooters. Few guys in the league can do what Joe does. Constant off ball movement, high volume above the break 3pt shooting, strong finishes inside, great shot selection. When it gets down to it, you need guys that can create their own shot but our offense clicks in large part because of Joe. He forces the defense to constantly make decisions.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#613 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:58 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Offensively I think Joe is our most important player. When the team is healthy, we have a lot of high level guys in the PNR. We have some pretty good spot up shooters. Few guys in the league can do what Joe does. Constant off ball movement, high volume above the break 3pt shooting, strong finishes inside, great shot selection. When it gets down to it, you need guys that can create their own shot but our offense clicks in large part because of Joe. He forces the defense to constantly make decisions.

yeah, and he is now up to 14ppg... he isnt that 8-10 ppg guy anymore. And while he doesnt create his shot per say, he does put a ton of pressure on the defense once he catches it off a top of the key curl. you cant let him shoot and if you close out he has proven he can get to the rim.

He is basically a lower tiered Klay Thompson. And you just cant understate the value of guys like that. alot of guys like otto porter or crabbe or seth curry can sit on the wing/corner and catch and shoot threes or trail and hit them on the break. Very few guys can hit them with no space coming off a screen... klay, harris, reddick...

even fewer guys can get to the rim when the shot isnt there. and no one in the league finished at a higher rate at the rim then harris last year.

There alot of guys who can do what Dinwiddie, levert does. few guys who do what joe does. maybe he isnt better or more talented but certainly impact wise he is.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#614 » by MGrand15 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:35 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Offensively I think Joe is our most important player. When the team is healthy, we have a lot of high level guys in the PNR. We have some pretty good spot up shooters. Few guys in the league can do what Joe does. Constant off ball movement, high volume above the break 3pt shooting, strong finishes inside, great shot selection. When it gets down to it, you need guys that can create their own shot but our offense clicks in large part because of Joe. He forces the defense to constantly make decisions.

yeah, and he is now up to 14ppg... he isnt that 8-10 ppg guy anymore. And while he doesnt create his shot per say, he does put a ton of pressure on the defense once he catches it off a top of the key curl. you cant let him shoot and if you close out he has proven he can get to the rim.

He is basically a lower tiered Klay Thompson. And you just cant understate the value of guys like that. alot of guys like otto porter or crabbe or seth curry can sit on the wing/corner and catch and shoot threes or trail and hit them on the break. Very few guys can hit them with no space coming off a screen... klay, harris, reddick...

even fewer guys can get to the rim when the shot isnt there. and no one in the league finished at a higher rate at the rim then harris last year.

There alot of guys who can do what Dinwiddie, levert does. few guys who do what joe does. maybe he isnt better or more talented but certainly impact wise he is.

Yeah exactly. Dinwiddie and LeVert can easily replace Russell if he's out. Not happening with Harris.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#615 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:42 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Best 3pt % in shoot out history.

and not for nothing, this year's contest was STACKED

Steph (All star, future HOFer, arguably best shooter ever, in Charlotte mind you)
Booker (last year's winner)
Dame (All star)
Green (NBA Champ)
Hield (upcoming shooter in his own right)
Middleton (All Star)
Kemba (All Star)
Dirk (HOFer)
Seth (don't even know what kind of year he's having tbh)

and then you throw in Joe, who we all knew was good, but goes out against that field and wins. Stud.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#616 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:55 pm

I'm mad that dudes on the GB compare Joe to JJ Reddick and Kyle Korver just because he's white. I feel a certain way about that :lol: when JJ Reddick and Kyle Korver start finishing at the basket at an elite level call me.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#617 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I'm mad that dudes on the GB compare Joe to JJ Reddick and Kyle Korver just because he's white. I feel a certain way about that :lol: when JJ Reddick and Kyle Korver start finishing at the basket at an elite level call me.

I'm going to leave this here:

Joe Harris > siakim

change my mind :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#618 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I'm mad that dudes on the GB compare Joe to JJ Reddick and Kyle Korver just because he's white. I feel a certain way about that :lol: when JJ Reddick and Kyle Korver start finishing at the basket at an elite level call me.

I'm going to leave this here:

Joe Harris > siakim

change my mind :lol:

Joe is more skilled offensively, Siakam is the better athlete/rebounder.

Still, those dudes had me heated. Comparing players simply based on race/ethnicity is 100% lazy basketball analysis. I had to check out because the GB tends to get ugly once topics like that arise and I don't want that thread to get locked.

Some dude just said Harris better work on his game or he'll become the next Steve Novak. Jesus christ I cannot stand people sometimes. This is like saying that all black players are alike, when you know its not true.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#619 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:06 pm

Read on Twitter

have mercy

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#620 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:40 pm

The fact that this guy was free for the taking and Marks turned him into the 1-2 most important players on this team is just insane. Also let's not discount his hard work ethic. Please listen to Howard Beck's Podcast interview with Joe from about 2 weeks ago if you haven't yet! You'll end up liking the dude even more!

Return to Brooklyn Nets