Brandon Ingram is underrated

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,625

Brandon Ingram is underrated 

Post#1 » by Heej » Sat Mar 2, 2019 4:55 am

Dude's been ballin since All star break. He's taken a leap as a driver and finisher around the rim. And he's one of the few Lakers players who actually played better amidst the trade controversy. Pelicans were foolish passing up that Lakers offer.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Re: Brandon Ingram is underrated 

Post#2 » by 13th Man » Sat Mar 2, 2019 5:04 am

Heej wrote:Dude's been ballin since All star break. He's taken a leap as a driver and finisher around the rim. And he's one of the few Lakers players who actually played better amidst the trade controversy. Pelicans were foolish passing up that Lakers offer.

Agreed. I'm one of the few who's been saying that the trade offer was too good to turn down and that they won't be getting anything better, especially from the Celtics. I also believe that Lonzo Ball is another player who's underrated on this team.

The Lakers youngsters are not scrubs that many here paint them out to be, they just need to have more confidence instilled in them. It's like these guys are on the verge of breaking out but *someone* on the team has been keeping them down to satisfy his own agenda.

Back to Ingram, he's finally getting the usage rate that he deserves and with Lebron scaling back as well.

This is just my opinion anyways.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,230

Post#3 » by Statlanta » Sat Mar 2, 2019 5:28 am

13th Man wrote:they just need to have more confidence instilled in them.

I agree. I feel like they play too passive, besides Kuzma of course. Lonzo started being aggressive when the vets where injured but he got messed up. It will be interesting to see what roles Ingram fills on the team as I'm sure nobody knows.
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,899

Post#4 » by lakerz12 » Sat Mar 2, 2019 5:32 am

He is showing improvement and All Star potential. His length cannot be taught. People want a quantum leap from players but it doesn't exist. If he continues on this trajectory he will be an elite 2-way player within 2-3 years
BVB24
Veteran
And1: 6,035

Post#5 » by BVB24 » Sat Mar 2, 2019 5:34 am

Heej wrote:Dude's been ballin since All star break. He's taken a leap as a driver and finisher around the rim. And he's one of the few Lakers players who actually played better amidst the trade controversy. Pelicans were foolish passing up that Lakers offer.

No they weren’t. Zero chance he would’ve re-signed in NOLA and Lonzo’s party had all but already demanded a trade had he been moved there. The Pels were better off waiting for them personally. Lakers were also better off just waiting for AD or Kawhi to come in Free Agency.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,268

Post#6 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 2, 2019 5:35 am

People were way too harsh and unrealistic with their expectations of him, he's obviously very talented and has all-star potential. Playing off LeBron isn't easy and he's starting to put it together and looks great in the process.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#7 » by LakersSoul » Sat Mar 2, 2019 5:52 am

BVB24 wrote:

No they weren’t. Zero chance he would’ve re-signed in NOLA and Lonzo’s party had all but already demanded a trade had he been moved there. The Pels were better off waiting for them personally. Lakers were also better off just waiting for AD or Kawhi to come in Free Agency.

What are you talking bout?

Lakers/NO control the contract as a RFA.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#8 » by LakersSoul » Sat Mar 2, 2019 5:54 am

Ingram has taken his game to another level. He could be a THE star for many NBA teams. I hope Magic realizes this and just add some shooters this summer plus 1 Max guy.

Let NO deal with Ainge and possibly get Tatum and Brown.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
udfa
Starter
And1: 2,821

Post#9 » by udfa » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:06 am

At least right here Ingram is getting overrated. Right now he shows the potential to become a prolific iso scorer with high volume at moderate efficiency. In every other aspect his development has stalled or regressed this year. Defense, rebounding, passing, none have progressed at all. Athletically no noticeable improvements either. It's very clear what Ingram spends time working on and what he doesn't. At this point he looks like another Wiggins.

Doing the trade on account of Ingram would have been foolish. If they want Ingram they can still have him this summer. Now they get to entertain other suitors (Boston) though on account of AD's stated willingness to play for anyone.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#10 » by youngthegiant » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:09 am

I'm with you, definitely a better prospect than Tatum.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#11 » by buckboy » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:11 am

youngthegiant wrote:I'm with you, definitely a better prospect than Tatum.

Lord almighty

You can't be serious.

He's had a nice couple weeks. Settle down.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#12 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:13 am

How can you start a thread calling a guy underrated because he's played really well in his last 5 games.

Like were there articles and posts over the last 10 days not giving him enough credit in those 5 games and that's how you concluded he was underrated?
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#13 » by LakerLegend » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:14 am

When Ingram came into the league it was obvious his body needed 3-4 years to develop.
Cafu
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#14 » by Cafu » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:15 am

3 years in the league BI always shows progress after All Star break.
Even in College he showed that as well.
Still alots to improve but I am having much more confidence in him than the beginning of this season.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#15 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:22 am

Amazing what happens when you let teenagers grow up huh.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#16 » by Coach Carter » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:28 am

Thing is ingram doesn't scare me like tatum. I wouldn't draw conclusions from this last game. Our defense on him was non-existent; the culprit being middleton. When we finally showed some resistance, we stopped him (watch the 4th).

Going back to tatum, i watched him in the 7 game series with boston. I never thought a 19 yr old can insight fear but he did and i didn't want the ball in his hands. I see a lot of mamba in him. I don't see this is ingram.

Just my opinion.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
demcanes26
Pro Prospect
And1: 143

Post#17 » by demcanes26 » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:30 am

buckboy wrote:
youngthegiant wrote:I'm with you, definitely a better prospect than Tatum.

Lord almighty

You can't be serious.

He's had a nice couple weeks. Settle down.

What are you talking about? He's averaged 20 points over his last 30 games. That's half the season.
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,443

Post#18 » by MrHoneycutt » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:36 am

i know he was ungodly hot in the first half, but i was really impressed by him tonight overall. seems like he's grown a lot this season despite the slow start and all the lebron-related adversity
demcanes26
Pro Prospect
And1: 143

Post#19 » by demcanes26 » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:37 am

Coach Carter wrote:Thing is ingram doesn't scare me like tatum. I wouldn't draw conclusions from this last game. Our defense on him was non-existent; the culprit being middleton. When we finally showed some resistance, we stopped him (watch the 4th).

Going back to tatum, i watched him in the 7 game series with boston. I never thought a 19 yr old can insight fear but he did and i didn't want the ball in his hands. I see a lot of mamba in him. I don't see this is ingram.

Just my opinion.

Tatum scared you because you watched him for 7 games. You've watched Ingram for one. Boston eliminated the Bucks. Largely on the play of Tatum and Brown. Hell, Rozier outplayed Bledsoe. That's why it's hard to use small sample sizes . Does anyone expect Rozier to outplay Bledsoe now?
-G-
Analyst
And1: 2,122

Post#20 » by -G- » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:37 am

As an Ingram non-believer, he's giving me reason to reconsider. He's driving, getting to the rim and finishing through contact very well (and getting to the line) and he's cut down on pull-up mid-range jumpers and worked to get closer to the rim, where he's been creating 8-10 footers around the paint. Pelicans **** up.

Return to The General Board