ImageImageImageImageImage

If The Clippers Make The Playoffs Name Your 9 Man Rotation

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

If The Clippers Make The Playoffs Name Your 9 Man Rotation 

Post#1 » by Galloisdaman » Mon Mar 4, 2019 5:15 pm

Most teams shorten their rotations come playoff time. I hope the Clippers do as well. Who would be your 9 man rotation?
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,420

Re: If The Clippers Make The Playoffs Name Your 9 Man Rotation 

Post#2 » by TrueLAfan » Mon Mar 4, 2019 6:42 pm

C—Zubac
PF—Gallo
SF--
G—Shai
C—Bev

G/SF—Shamet
Lou
Trezz
Green
Temple

Wild Card—Chandler

I don’t think Luc is coming back this year. Hasn’t played since Halloween. Chandler, OTOH … I kinda wanted to start a thread on this. I’ve been looking at Chandler’s games this season. He played well—much better than I thought, much better than his raw numbers. He’s on a team full of scorers, so his usage was almost non-existent, and that hurts some stats. He was on (another) offensively strong thing in Denver but got more touches, and I think/hope that’s more indicative of his ability right now. Because if it is, he’s a Markieff Morris type and level of player—and someone like that would instantly get Temple’s minutes and would probably start at SF. I like Temple and all, but we’d get more rebounding, more scoring, more court spreading—pretty much more everything—from Chandler. If we can get Wilson Chandler for 20 minutes a game and he plays at or near his level with the Nugs, we’ll be a (much) better team. Temple becomes a good cologne guy.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#3 » by Galloisdaman » Mon Mar 4, 2019 6:54 pm

C—Zubac
PF—Gallo
SF--Chandler
G—Shai
G—Shamet

Lou
Trezz
Green
Bev
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#4 » by donemilio21 » Mon Mar 4, 2019 7:04 pm

I think it will depend on who we end up playing in the first round, since we don't have the luxury of pushing Warriors, Nuggets, Rockets or Thunder to match our tempo and style of play.
In general I'd say Shai, Shamet, Trez, Bev, Lou, Gallo, Zubac, Green and Temple.
I think Lou, Trez & Gallo would get around 35 mpg+ against any opponent.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,833

Post#5 » by ejftw » Mon Mar 4, 2019 9:14 pm

All depends on who we end up playing, but I'd probably go:

C: Zubac (24)
PF: Gallo (35)
SF: Shamet (27)
SG: Bev (32)
PG: SEGA (26)

6th: Lou (36)
7th: Trez (32)
8th: Chandler/Luc (26)
9th: Green (22)
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#6 » by playaloc916 » Mon Mar 4, 2019 9:59 pm

Wow, there's two guys I completely forgot were on the team, Chandler and Luc. Green looked pretty good in the last game.
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#7 » by TucsonClip » Tue Mar 5, 2019 7:12 am

I'm with Doc on this one (based on a quote I read last week). Everyone plays. We go 11 deep and need all of them based on matchups and situations... Assuming Chandler is healthy and ready to go.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#8 » by QRich3 » Tue Mar 5, 2019 11:18 am

I don't think Chandler is gonna get a lot of burn when (if) he gets healthy. Specially after yesterday, I think we roll with the 3 guard starting line-up with Bev-Shai-Sham, and finish games with Lou instead of Shamet. Gallo and Zubac start in the frontcourt, with Trez finishing instead of Zu, and Green and Temple round out the rotation. Ty and Sin might get some spot minutes, but probably not a lot, and I don't see Luc or Chandler getting healthy enough to be rotation pieces. Jerome and Motley probably just ride the pine this year.

And if we get Denver in the first round, it might just work, they have some length on the wings but I can see Bev bothering Barton and/or Harris, with Shai's length giving Murray fits. Or the other way too.

Honestly, I'm gutted we don't get a pick this season, but I'm pretty excited for the playoffs, it's gonna be a fun series!
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,420

Post#9 » by TrueLAfan » Tue Mar 5, 2019 3:05 pm

QRich3 wrote:I don't think Chandler is gonna get a lot of burn when (if) he gets healthy. Specially after yesterday, I think we roll with the 3 guard starting line-up with Bev-Shai-Sham, and finish games with Lou instead of Shamet. Gallo and Zubac start in the frontcourt, with Trez finishing instead of Zu, and Green and Temple round out the rotation. Ty and Sin might get some spot minutes, but probably not a lot, and I don't see Luc or Chandler getting healthy enough to be rotation pieces. Jerome and Motley probably just ride the pine this year.

And if we get Denver in the first round, it might just work, they have some length on the wings but I can see Bev bothering Barton and/or Harris, with Shai's length giving Murray fits. Or the other way too.

Honestly, I'm gutted we don't get a pick this season, but I'm pretty excited for the playoffs, it's gonna be a fun series!

Chandler may come off the bench, but he’ll get some burn if he can play at SF. They may not seem like it, but Denver and Portland are really good rebounding teams—and we need the rebounding and size at SF. He’ll get (at least) Temple’s minutes. He’d get an extra rebound or two a game and score a little more; in a first round series, that can be a big difference. But, yeah, I agree that we're doing fine with the three guard rotation...I could see us starting that. A lot depends on if Chandler comes back and if he's still like he was in Denver--where he was a 10-5-2 guy last year. 15-20 mpg from that level of guy would help us.

Geeked for the playoffs, especially if we get a 6 or 7 seed (or higher!) seed.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#10 » by QRich3 » Tue Mar 5, 2019 3:33 pm

Bev might be short, but he's a heck of a rebounder, he has a 9.8% rebounding percentage this season, that's pretty much the same as Gallo and better than both Chandler's career percentage and what he did this year in the 36 games he played in Philly. Which were nothing special by the way, he looked slow on defense and not very clued on offense. He did shoot well, but I'd rather play Temple if I'm Doc.

But yeah, whoever we get is gonna be tough and the odds are gonna be stacked against us, but it sure is gonna be fun to watch.
donemilio21
Analyst

Post#11 » by donemilio21 » Tue Mar 5, 2019 6:28 pm

QRich3 wrote:Bev might be short, but he's a heck of a rebounder, he has a 9.8% rebounding percentage this season, that's pretty much the same as Gallo and better than both Chandler's career percentage and what he did this year in the 36 games he played in Philly. Which were nothing special by the way, he looked slow on defense and not very clued on offense. He did shoot well, but I'd rather play Temple if I'm Doc.

But yeah, whoever we get is gonna be tough and the odds are gonna be stacked against us, but it sure is gonna be fun to watch.

that's because Bev does what all our coaches have yelled us during practice since we were 6 "BOX OUT"
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#12 » by esqtvd » Tue Mar 5, 2019 8:51 pm

QRich3 wrote:Bev might be short, but he's a heck of a rebounder, he has a 9.8% rebounding percentage this season, that's pretty much the same as Gallo

Bev is our SF. 6-foot-nothing. Guarded Bron last night. Respect.

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#13 » by esqtvd » Tue Mar 5, 2019 10:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#14 » by esqtvd » Tue Mar 5, 2019 10:35 pm

I think we have our rotation

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,833

Post#15 » by ejftw » Tue Mar 5, 2019 11:53 pm

ejftw wrote:All depends on who we end up playing, but I'd probably go:

C: Zubac (24)
PF: Gallo (35)
SF: Shamet (27)
SG: Bev (32)
PG: SEGA (26)

6th: Lou (36)
7th: Trez (32)
8th: Chandler/Luc (26)
9th: Green (22)

Welp, forgot about Temple. Slot him in place of Luc/Chandler.

But like mentioned in this thread as well, won't be shocked if Doc does end up going 10/11 deep to give Luc/Sin defensive minutes.
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#16 » by Akklaim1 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 5:22 am

If?

This team is too well-coached to tank.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#17 » by esqtvd » Wed Mar 6, 2019 9:17 am

Akklaim1 wrote:If?

Somebody gets it.

According to reports, Brad Stevens has lost control of his locker room. Popovich without Tim Duncan and now Tony Parker is not so genius now.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#18 » by Galloisdaman » Wed Mar 6, 2019 2:13 pm

esqtvd wrote:I think we have our rotation

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I find those numbers to be questionable. I'm glad they look good but I do not view this team as a 61-62 win team so something in those stats are not adding up.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#19 » by Galloisdaman » Wed Mar 6, 2019 2:14 pm

Akklaim1 wrote:If?

I say if because I never like to "count my chickens before they hatch". I do not want to jinx anything. If you read my posts I was 100% wanting to make the playoffs all season. :)
donemilio21
Analyst

Post#20 » by donemilio21 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 8:05 pm

esqtvd wrote:I think we have our rotation

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

We can't use those comparisons for a proper analysis. the game has changed a lot.
Just a couple days ago I realized that the 7-seconds or less Suns team from 13 years ago had an offensive rating better than only 10 teams, if they had the same rating this season.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers