Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,423

Re: OT - Media - Movies, TV, Music, Books, Gaming 

Post#681 » by Revived » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:45 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I'm watching a new show on Netflix called "When Heroes Fly" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8220344/?ref_=tt_urv

It's good...I kept wanting to watch one more episode last night and stayed up way too late...probably try and finish tonight...it will get my mind off the game quickly.

Is it a romanctic show? The description for it almost makes it seem like it but I see the genres listed for it on imbd are action/drama.

I definitely wouldn't call it a romantic show, even though it shows some details/flashbacks of the guy and the girl they are looking for, kind of detailing why and how she ended up missing.

I see. I started watching Escape at Dannemora which you had mentioned earlier and I’m only one episode in but it starts off pretty good.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#682 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:56 pm

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:Is it a romanctic show? The description for it almost makes it seem like it but I see the genres listed for it on imbd are action/drama.

I definitely wouldn't call it a romantic show, even though it shows some details/flashbacks of the guy and the girl they are looking for, kind of detailing why and how she ended up missing.

I see. I started watching Escape at Dannemora which you had mentioned earlier and I’m only one episode in but it starts off pretty good.

I haven't even watched that yet but plan to.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#683 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:57 pm

sunsbum wrote:Popping in to say i just accidently watched one of the best movies ive seen in a very long time hateful 8.

You might really like Bad Times at the El Royale. In some ways similar. I liked both a lot.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#684 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:27 pm

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#685 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:06 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I'm watching a new show on Netflix called "When Heroes Fly" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8220344/?ref_=tt_urv

It's good...I kept wanting to watch one more episode last night and stayed up way too late...probably try and finish tonight...it will get my mind off the game quickly.

Is it a romanctic show? The description for it almost makes it seem like it but I see the genres listed for it on imbd are action/drama.

Is it a thriller? Like Sinner?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#686 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:08 pm

bwgood77 wrote:;t=

I honestly never cared for any Punisher until the first season of the Netflix production. I didn't think I would be interested in it but gave it a go anyway and it turned out incredibly fun. Can't wait for the 2nd season
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#687 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:29 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:Is it a romanctic show? The description for it almost makes it seem like it but I see the genres listed for it on imbd are action/drama.

Is it a thriller? Like Sinner?

Not really...i wouldn't call it a thriller, though you could say it kind of is...it is kind of a mystery..it slowly builds out the characters current day and with flashbacks building out the story.

I did watch a show before that which was more of a thriller, that I did like, but I am not sure I liked it as much...Perfume.. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6811236/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#688 » by Kerrsed » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:32 pm

Im trying to get the word out to everyone i can before too many people get affected, but there was a MAJOR database breach somewhere and it really hasnt hit the news yet. A 78GB folder hit a few hacking forums and it has over 772 MILLION email addresses and passwords. That collection is the biggest data breach ever to happen. A well known security expert named Troy Hunt loaded the list of email addresses into his custom made tool/program so you can type in your email address and find out if yours was on the list. It pulls up all the data breach lists that have been known going years back and lets you know if your email address was on any. The newest breach im talking about is named Combo #1. I use 3 different emails and 2 of them were on the list. So i advise you to check yours...and if you cant be bothered at least change your password.

https://www.wired.com/story/collection-one-breach-email-accounts-passwords/

This is the website to check you email address: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Stay safe out there!
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#689 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:12 am

Read on Twitter
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#690 » by King4Day » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:52 pm

As a Saints fan still reeling from the missed call, stuff like this really irritates me. The dude made a play but it wasn't his fault the refs blew the call.
Death threats are never warranted, even to the idiot refs who don't deserve to ref another NFL game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25886609/rams-robey-coleman-says-got-threats-saints-fans

What's crazy is, had Robey been called for the P.I. and the Saints went on to win, there's a good chance that Rams fans would be the ones sending him death threats due to what would have been deemed a boneheaded play on his part.

If the Rams win the SB, I'm willing to bet the dvd they put out will have very little to say about the play.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Mischa
Junior
And1: 169

Post#691 » by Mischa » Thu Feb 7, 2019 4:28 pm

Everyone remembers the dick jokes when they hear Lorena Bobbit. But last night, got to hear Lorena’s story in the documentary and learn just how resilient and courageous she has been for the past 25 years.

If you or anyone you know are suffering in silence from domestic violence or sexual assault, marital rape, you can reach out to the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-7233 for anonymous, confidential help 24/7.
Going hard with a new lease on life!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#692 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:33 am

Just started a netflix show Pine Gap - first episode very interesting and the way it ended certainly makes you see what is going to happen next.

Set in the intensely secretive world of intelligence and the enigmatic US/Australia joint defence facility in central Australia, the spy-thriller Pine Gap delves into the famously strong alliance between the two countries.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#693 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:17 pm

Just got onto Prime Video a couple of weeks ago and it's good to have another streaming service which was essentially thrown into my Prime membership. I didn't even know about Prime video until I was prompted that I had it. Watched that Jack Ryan series which was really really good and watched the new series of Grand Tour which was fun.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#694 » by bwgood77 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:28 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:Just got onto Prime Video a couple of weeks ago and it's good to have another streaming service which was essentially thrown into my Prime membership. I didn't even know about Prime video until I was prompted that I had it. Watched that Jack Ryan series which was really really good and watched the new series of Grand Tour which was fun.

There are quite a few good shows there like Sneaky Pete, Bosch, Expanse, Homecoming and depending on what you like, perhaps Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Patriot, Man in the High Castle and others.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#695 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:34 pm

That Man in the High Castle show was something that always piqued my interest because the premise was interesting but I watching it was always difficult because Prime wasn't available in Australia when that came out. Patriot looks promising too
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#696 » by bwgood77 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:42 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:That Man in the High Castle show was something that always piqued my interest because the premise was interesting but I watching it was always difficult because Prime wasn't available in Australia when that came out. Patriot looks promising too

Sneaky Pete is probably the most fun for me. I grew disinterested in Man in the High Castle, though it is interesting. Patriot is kind of quirky...funny, but I'm not sure what it wants to be..only watched a few episodes. Bosch is good. Season one I thought was pretty good...season 2 much better and I hear it gets better from there.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#697 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:07 am

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:That Man in the High Castle show was something that always piqued my interest because the premise was interesting but I watching it was always difficult because Prime wasn't available in Australia when that came out. Patriot looks promising too

Sneaky Pete is probably the most fun for me. I grew disinterested in Man in the High Castle, though it is interesting. Patriot is kind of quirky...funny, but I'm not sure what it wants to be..only watched a few episodes. Bosch is good. Season one I thought was pretty good...season 2 much better and I hear it gets better from there.

Not really a fan of detective drama. I'll probably give Sneaky Pete a go though
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#698 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:51 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Not really a fan of detective drama. I'll probably give Sneaky Pete a go though

Me neither usually, which is why I haven't gone back to it, though when I went back for season two I thought it was really good. There are some deeper elements to it, though I can't recall it closely since it's been a few years since I watched.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#699 » by bwgood77 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 5:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Do fans recognize you? What are their reactions?
Not often. Sometimes. Many people ask me: “Can you please kill Jon Snow?” It’s very interesting.

Spoiler:
What can we expect from him in the final season?
People will see he has a target he wants to kill, and you will find out who that is. There’s also that moment [in “Hardhome”] when Jon Snow was on the boat and the Night King looked at him and raised his arms — there’s a similar and even stronger moment between Jon and the Night King this time.

Do you have an all-time favorite Night King scene?
That’s still coming.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#700 » by MathiasPW » Thu Mar 7, 2019 6:06 pm

You all know he is Bran Stark, right? Look at that nose.

Return to Phoenix Suns