ImageImageImageImageImage

Assuming Durant leaves...build next years team.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,405

Re: Assuming Durant leaves...build next years team. 

Post#121 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Mar 8, 2019 12:28 am

Well...one thing for sure is that having a team we could sign and trade Durant with ....it makes Warriors options seem much more palatable.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#122 » by cdubbz » Fri Mar 8, 2019 4:12 am

I’m going to keep an eye on March madness and late second round guys. Warriors need cheap contracts.

I’d like to see how Trevon Duval from Duke is doing. Undrafted former top HS PG in 2017. Not a great shooter however but good handles and passer.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#123 » by statsman » Fri Mar 8, 2019 1:22 pm

cdubbz wrote:I’m going to keep an eye on March madness and late second round guys. Warriors need cheap contracts.

I’d like to see how Trevon Duval from Duke is doing. Undrafted former top HS PG in 2017. Not a great shooter however but good handles and passer.

Myers, if you are listening, please find a great shooter for the bench. Getting tired of seeing the Warriors' offense go stagnant when they go to the wings on the bench.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#124 » by Mylie10 » Fri Mar 8, 2019 3:25 pm

statsman wrote:
cdubbz wrote:I’m going to keep an eye on March madness and late second round guys. Warriors need cheap contracts.

Myers, if you are listening, please find a great shooter for the bench. Getting tired of seeing the Warriors' offense go stagnant when they go to the wings on the bench.

Amen brother....been to long.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,148

Post#125 » by cpower » Fri Mar 8, 2019 4:54 pm

If KD leaves, we will need to resign Klay and get more defensive. 3D player/playmaker would be the priority.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#126 » by Little Digger » Sat Mar 9, 2019 12:09 am

Irving and Durant..Lovebirds..What could possibly go wrong..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#127 » by cladden » Sat Mar 9, 2019 4:18 am

Little Digger wrote:Irving and Durant..Lovebirds..What could possibly go wrong..

KD, Kyrie and scrubs. That's not really a contender. I'd expect KD to get that but who knows.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#128 » by cdubbz » Sat Mar 9, 2019 4:23 am

Little Digger wrote:Irving and Durant..Lovebirds..What could possibly go wrong..

That would be a nasty duo. I really hope KD gets the 3peat for the dubs first.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#129 » by GswStorm3 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 5:55 pm

cdubbz wrote:

It would just be two guys taking turns playing iso ball. Which is what he was trying to get away from in OKC.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#130 » by Little Digger » Sat Mar 9, 2019 7:07 pm

GswStorm3 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

It would just be two guys taking turns playing iso ball. Which is what he was trying to get away from OKC.
but at least there’s no chance they’d tire of each other.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#131 » by xdrta+ » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:51 pm

Once Durant is gone, the Warriors should have the non-tax MLE available. I'd like to see them go after Derrick Rose with it and use him off the bench in place of Livingston.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#132 » by marthafokker » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:49 pm

cladden wrote:

KD, Kyrie and scrubs. That's not really a contender. I'd expect KD to get that but who knows.

Wonder if KD has second thoughts after Dolan goes off on FAN critizing him. He looks like he has issues with best franchise and management already.... imagine working for the worst. You know KD is going to mouth off like that FAN.

Popcorn time for us. Yummy.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#133 » by xdrta+ » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:34 pm

marthafokker wrote:
cladden wrote:

Wonder if KD has second thoughts after Dolan goes off on FAN critizing him. He looks like he has issues with best franchise and management already.... imagine working for the worst. You know KD is going to mouth off like that FAN.

You talk like KD is always mouthing off. The media does most of the mouthing off for him.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#134 » by clyde21 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:14 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
marthafokker wrote:
cladden wrote:

You talk like KD is always mouthing off. The media does most of the mouthing off for him.

Durant can be annoying at times but yea, the media is constantly putting a mic in his face and asking him baiting questions.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#135 » by SpreeS » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:56 pm

1. Trade Green to Miami for Winslow and Adebayo
2. Trade Iggy to Denver for Plumlee/Beasley or Barton/Morris combinations
3. MLE could use on Aminu or Gay
4. Resign Looney, Bell, Jerebko,Cook

Adebayo/Looney/Bell
Aminu/Jerebko/Rookie
Winslow/Barton/VET
Klay/Livingston/Evans
Curry/Morris/Cook

Adebayo/Plumlee/Looney
Gay/Jerebko/Bell
Winslow/Livingston
Klay/Beasley/Evans
Curry/VET/Cook

We could get 4 young or in prime players for Green/Iggy. Morris/Beasley/Adebayo or Winslow could step on next level if we are lucky and if not we would have good defenders and shooters.
cpower
RealGM

Post#136 » by cpower » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:12 pm

SpreeS wrote:1. Trade Green to Miami for Winslow and Adebayo

Adebayo/Looney/Bell
Aminu/Jerebko/Rookie
Winslow/Barton/VET
Klay/Livingston/Evans
Curry/Morris/Cook

Adebayo/Plumlee/Looney
Gay/Jerebko/Bell
Winslow/Livingston
Klay/Beasley/Evans
Curry/VET/Cook

We could get 4 young or in prime players for Green/Iggy. Morris/Beasley/Adebayo or Winslow could step on next level if we are lucky and if not we would have good defenders and shooters.

we need to stack more defense while adding more shooter, trading away Green is the opposite of what we need to do. That team will probably make a 1st round exit in PS.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#137 » by SpreeS » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:25 pm

cpower wrote:

Adebayo/Looney/Bell
Aminu/Jerebko/Rookie
Winslow/Barton/VET
Klay/Livingston/Evans
Curry/Morris/Cook

Adebayo/Plumlee/Looney
Gay/Jerebko/Bell
Winslow/Livingston
Klay/Beasley/Evans
Curry/VET/Cook

we need to stack more defense while adding more shooter, trading away Green is the opposite of what we need to do. That team will probably make a 1st round exit in PS.

Aminu, Winslow, Gay, Beasley, Morris, Barton - everyone can shoot and they shoot beter than Green and Iggy.Also Adebayo, Plumlee, Winslow, Aminu are very good or good defenders. they are young and can improve. plumlee, Morris and Winslow are good playmakers/passers

And the most important thing I would trade Klay for Beal + 1st rnd pick in mid season. Beal is worse shooter, but he better playmaker, more go to the line, better rebounder, could be better defender too, also more clutch. I dont want that my team dependent from two shooters w/o FT shooting.
cpower
RealGM

Post#138 » by cpower » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:05 pm

SpreeS wrote:
cpower wrote:

Adebayo/Looney/Bell
Aminu/Jerebko/Rookie
Winslow/Barton/VET
Klay/Livingston/Evans
Curry/Morris/Cook

Adebayo/Plumlee/Looney
Gay/Jerebko/Bell
Winslow/Livingston
Klay/Beasley/Evans
Curry/VET/Cook

Aminu, Winslow, Gay, Beasley, Morris, Barton - everyone can shoot and they shoot beter than Green and Iggy.Also Adebayo, Plumlee, Winslow, Aminu are very good or good defenders. they are young and can improve. plumlee, Morris and Winslow are good playmakers/passers

And the most important thing I would trade Klay for Beal + 1st rnd pick in mid season. Beal is worse shooter, but he better playmaker, more go to the line, better rebounder, could be better defender too, also more clutch. I dont want that my team dependent from two shooters w/o FT shooting.

Winslow and Aminu are shooting low 30s from three. You rather want to have bad shooters than ok shooters. Ok shooters will just keep shooting, which is not great for us. Green enables Curry which is very very significant and cannot be overlooked. I would say keep the three core players and getting better depth slowly.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#139 » by DoItALL9 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:29 pm

Assuming he's definitely leaving...

0. Max Klay Thompson
1. Try to make a strong ($) Bird rights appeal to KD as he heads to his next team. Hope to convince KD to opt into the last year of his deal and be traded.

Tough to say the next move without knowing the team and possible return

Knicks - maybe Lance Thomas and Frank Ntilikina

Clippers - maybe Danilo G.

Other players I think GSW should look into

Jeff Green
Rudy Gay
Seth Curry
Carmelo Anthony
Noah Vonleh
Dwight Howard (if he opts out)
Vince Carter
Derrick Rose
Marc Gasol
Anthony Tolliver

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#140 » by clyde21 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:11 am

- resign Klay
- trade Draymond

the trade Draymond part is tough, obviously. he's losing value seemingly every game, and he been a complete benign offensive player. what I would do is maybe approach Minnesota and see if they have interest. He'd actually be a solid fit next to Towns. I'd do Draymond for Minny's 1st and Dieng (filler, and a bit of cap relief for Minny).

in FA my #1 target would probably be Bojan Bogdanovic...although I don't think we'd be able to afford I think the only thing we'd have available is the Exception for ~9mil and he'd demand more unless he just wants to come here and is willing to bypass a few mil.

as for philosophy...I'd go back to Warriors basics pre-Durant. Splash Brothers offense.

Return to Golden State Warriors