ImageImageImage

This team is still not united- West coast trip update

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#1 » by return2glory » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:05 am

There were reports how this team bonded during this West coast trip on the long flight. While this is true, it was only on the plane.

Bottom line is this team is still not united. Players still don’t like each other on this team.

One of my close friends has connections to a lot of NBA players, especially in the LA area. He confirmed on this West coast trip what we knew all along in that that this team doesn’t get along with each other.

There are detailed information he shared with me when the Celtics were on this trip. He and a few of his associates saw/met some of the Celtic players on this trip.

While I can’t give detailed info, I can say that this team doesn’t spend much time together. Vets still don’t get along with some of the young guys. The respect for each other just isn’t there.

I would like to share more info on what player threw an event that unfortunately most teammates didn’t attend during this trip but that would put my friend in a bad situation.

Just don’t be fooled by the 3 game we streak during this trip. It’s sad to say, but this team still doesn’t get along.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:15 am

I hope they all loathe each other more than I hate Marcus Morris. They should have other things on their minds outside of how happy they make each other.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
jcappy
Sixth Man
And1: 515

Post#3 » by jcappy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:20 am

Instagram and Twitter over relationships with other players. You cannot like, appreciate, or learn from players you don't KNOW.

As to the 3-1 road trip. Aside from the big GS win (against a lackluster team awaiting the playoffs), we snuck past the Kings, lost big to the Clips, and in LA played mainly against their 3rd team. Very Good perhaps, but hardly all that impressive.
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
~ Muhammad Ali
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#4 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:22 am

return2glory wrote:There were reports how this team bonded during this West coast trip on the long flight. While this is true, it was only on the plane.

Bottom line is this team is still not united. Players still don’t like each other on this team.

One of my close friends has connections to a lot of NBA players, especially in the LA area. He confirmed on this West coast trip what we knew all along in that that this team doesn’t get along with each other.

There are detailed information he shared with me when the Celtics were on this trip. He and a few of his associates saw/met some of the Celtic players on this trip.

While I can’t give detailed info, I can say that this team doesn’t spend much time together. Vets still don’t get along with some of the young guys. The respect for each other just isn’t there.

I would like to share more info on what player threw an event that unfortunately most teammates didn’t attend during this trip but that would put my friend in a bad situation.

Just don’t be fooled by the 3 game we streak during this trip. It’s sad to say, but this team still doesn’t get along.

Thank you for sharing but With all due respect I don’t care, I’ll take it. Kyrie and others are at least saying all the right things and the vibe and bounce of the team feels different, doesn’t mean that issues aren’t there-we all knew that, they don’t go away over night, it takes time. don’t need connections to realize that. However it looks as if they have at least agreed to put aside their differences to try and salvage this season. Giant steps in the right direction
return2glory
RealGM

Post#5 » by return2glory » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:26 am

jcappy wrote:Instagram and Twitter over relationships with other players. You cannot like, appreciate, or learn from players you don't KNOW.

True on the above. But there are ways to learn from each other and from one another. There was one player on the trip that held an event and invited his teammates. That was an opportunity to spend time together as a team. But most of the players didn’t bother showing up.
return2glory
RealGM

Post#6 » by return2glory » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:33 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
return2glory wrote:There were reports how this team bonded during this West coast trip on the long flight. While this is true, it was only on the plane.

Thank you for sharing but With all due respect I don’t care, I’ll take it. Kyrie and others are at least saying all the right things and the vibe and bounce of the team feels different, doesn’t mean that issues aren’t there-we all knew that, they don’t go away over night, it takes time. don’t need connections to realize that. However it looks as if they have at least agreed to put aside their differences to try and salvage this season. Giant steps in the right direction

They haven’t taken giant steps at all. That’s my point. I know what handle of players spent time together in the SF/Oakland area while the others did their own thing.

I know what specific player held a get together in LA and felt disrespected when most of the team didn’t bother showing up.

Not only are guys on the team still not getting along, some of them don’t even respect each other. That’s a huge each. This isn’t an individual sport. Unity matters and this team is still not united.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#7 » by captain green » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:37 am

Meh not this again. Can't give details? Then why make a post? because some business man has a hunch.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#8 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:40 am

Just need to hang in there, pretend they like each other until they win the Finals in June then they could break up for all I care. Just give me one banner geddemmit.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
return2glory
RealGM

Post#9 » by return2glory » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:45 am

captain green wrote:Meh not this again. Can't give details? Then why make a post? because some business man has a hunch.

Lol. Hunch?

In on conversations. There at events. Detailed conversations between players about their teammates during a small get together.

And no I won’t give anymore info than I’ve already given. Take it for what it is.
yazfan
Senior
And1: 585

Post#10 » by yazfan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:48 am

I could care less if they hang out.

This is their job. When I go on a business trip I do not hang out with everyone all the time, that's Kindergarten crap.

Different points in life from Single to married to married with kids.

I DO CARE if they do not respect each other as a pro.

Managing egos is on Brad and it seems that Brad struggles with this.

I am still blown away that Hayward is still not starting. Jimminee xmas he is a Max player , highest paid on team and seems to be at least 80% back.

Everyone thinks Brad would play favorites with Hayward, I actually think his friendship is the reverse and he is taking advantage of Hayward.

In addition, we need to lose the boys and girls club share shots.
1. Kyrie
2. Hayward
3. Horford
4. Tatum

everyone else get over it. Last game Baynes comes off the bench and within 20 seconds launches a 3 with 15 seconds on shot clock.......that crap has to stop
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#11 » by StojkoVrankovic » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:52 am

Guys, guys, guys, look at me!
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,681

Post#12 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:15 am

Larry Bird, Danny Ainge, and Kevin McHale didn't hang out much with other.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,435

Post#13 » by Jaqua92 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:20 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:Larry Bird, Danny Ainge, and Kevin McHale didn't hang out much with other.
Have you heard McHale talk about Bird though?

Infatuation

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#14 » by Captain_Caveman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:23 am

return2glory wrote:
captain green wrote:Meh not this again. Can't give details? Then why make a post? because some business man has a hunch.

Lol. Hunch?

In on conversations. There at events. Detailed conversations between players about their teammates during a small get together.

And no I won’t give anymore info than I’ve already given. Take it for what it is.

Meh.

Gotta at least insinuate who you are talking about, lol.
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#15 » by grindtime22 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:25 am

Jaylen threw an event on a road trip?
yazfan
Senior
And1: 585

Post#16 » by yazfan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:27 am

I heard the event was at a spa. ;)
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#17 » by grindtime22 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:31 am

grindtime22 wrote:Jaylen threw an event on a road trip?

Or the Morris twins and Klutch
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#18 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:51 am

Pretty obvious that Kyrie invited the team to attend a hot yoga retreat, followed by a seminar about opening up your chakras, and concluding the day with a quick trip to the Griffith Observatory to observe the flatness of the earth.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#19 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:53 am

return2glory wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

They haven’t taken giant steps at all. That’s my point. I know what handle of players spent time together in the SF/Oakland area while the others did their own thing.

I know what specific player held a get together in LA and felt disrespected when most of the team didn’t bother showing up.

Not only are guys on the team still not getting along, some of them don’t even respect each other. That’s a huge each. This isn’t an individual sport. Unity matters and this team is still not united.

If u don’t see kyries demeanor with the press, him more engaged on the court and others as well then sorry. Idc if they didn’t go to a VIP at an event or club, I see them cheering for each other on the bench, taking charges and smiling faces. This isn’t the boy scouts they don’t have to be besties, just don’t let outside forces or relationships carry onto the court like it was
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#20 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:58 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
return2glory wrote:

Lol. Hunch?

Meh.

Gotta at least insinuate who you are talking about, lol.

Yeah, anyone could do deductive reasoning and see these guys don’t get along great outside the game. **** many have been saying that all year. Problem is when it was carrying onto the court and into the media. If they lose 6 out of 7 I’ll eat crow, but just bc they didn’t show up at some nightclub idgaf. At least it’s not a new story every night how the locker room is toxic

Return to Boston Celtics