ImageImageImage

This team is still not united- West coast trip update

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,680

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#41 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:28 pm

I believe this. Team has been struggling out of the gate and has had internal issues all year. A 6 hour flight and a 3 game winning streak, 2 of those wins were against bad teams, are not going repair months of damage
*Insert witty signature here.*
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#42 » by ermocrate » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:12 pm

RB34 wrote:
ermocrate wrote:
RB34 wrote:I don’t know about you all, but I like Brown.

Morris can go and lick one and so can Kyrie if it comes to it, they both see themselves as “vets” but their leadership styles are garbage.

You don't even **** know these people personally how the **** can you talk like that?

I never spoke about either player personally. I spoke in regards to what I see, be it through the media, through watching games, through whatever.

Since the Celtics drafted JB, he was slowly but constantly improved, he may of had a rough patch this season but he’s working through it. He’s thrown networking events for rookies and is now the VP of the NBAPA, a lot of people around the league speak very highly of Brown.

What I’ve seen of the other two players? Kyrie, thinking he’s leading by throwing people under the bus. Mook?, I’m not a fan of the tough guy act, trying to fight people on the court at least a couple times a season.

So you are talking on assumptions, fine...
"Negativity in this town sucks"
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#43 » by Taget » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:51 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:What's the exact opposite of UBUNTU? We're just gonna have to win #18 with that.

In retrospect we know Ubuntu was a lie. But still had some great years. The best or should I say worst was the Jordan-less Bulls team that almost made the finals where Scottie Pippen refused to go in the game for the last play because the play drawn up was for Toni Kukoc and not him. Not that such dysfunction is anything to crow about. And of course a little Michael Jordan cured most wounds.

I think we need to pull back a little from this type of reporting because it's a snapshot in time. if we are on a winning streak everyone is going to be happier than if we just lost. But we do know there is a severe chemistry issue undermining us. Post-season surgery will be required though perhaps not before the next season starts since Danny prefers buying low and selling high than the opposite.

But something will happen. Danny's vice is over-tinkering, not under-tinkering.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#44 » by djFan71 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:04 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Pretty obvious that Kyrie invited the team to attend a hot yoga retreat, followed by a seminar about opening up your chakras, and concluding the day with a quick trip to the Griffith Observatory to observe the flatness of the earth.

Friends marathon got Kyrie no new friends.

ConstableGeneva wrote:What's the exact opposite of UBUNTU? We're just gonna have to win #18 with that.

UTNUBU 18 in '19!
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#45 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:18 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:I believe this. Team has been struggling out of the gate and has had internal issues all year. A 6 hour flight and a 3 game winning streak, 2 of those wins were against bad teams, are not going repair months of damage

While things are far from repaired, we played 1 bad team. Kings not world beaters but are playing for a playoff spot in the west and would be in if they played in the east and it was off a b2b, they lead the league in pace. Scrappy young team
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,312

Post#46 » by Captain_Caveman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
return2glory wrote:
Lol. Hunch?

In on conversations. There at events. Detailed conversations between players about their teammates during a small get together.

And no I won’t give anymore info than I’ve already given. Take it for what it is.

Meh.

Gotta at least insinuate who you are talking about, lol.
He knows someone who hangs out with the team, and he has more info than those working in the industry. This.. incredibly real.. situation does not warrant him telling you anything.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Doesn't warrant a thread, either.

I know guys tight with players and teams, and get not potentially outing people. Which is part of why I pass along info discreetly, rather than start clickbait threads like this before sharing no real info in them. Pretty sure it is the same for others like reload, lbf, etc...

Just saying, lol.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#47 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:28 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Meh.

Gotta at least insinuate who you are talking about, lol.
He knows someone who hangs out with the team, and he has more info than those working in the industry. This.. incredibly real.. situation does not warrant him telling you anything.

I know guys tight with players and teams, and get not potentially outing people. Which is part of why I pass along info discreetly, rather than start clickbait threads like this before sharing no real info in them. Pretty sure it is the same for others like reload, lbf, etc...

Just saying, lol.

But the source had tickets to the clippers and lakers game mannnn
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#48 » by cloverleaf » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:48 pm

I certainly believe this.

Kyrie more than eager to get out of LA after another lackluster team performance.

Brown in an interview on Friday gushing about Horford as the vet he looks to with respect, for advice. (Sounded like a question he wanted to have asked and was ready to answer by prominently leaving out self-appointed leader Kyrie.)

TRo in an interview I believe said he was meeting up with JT and JB later.

Kyrie and JT in a long interview with Kyrie gushing about wanting JT with him, right next to him, for his next championship, and the two of them talking about their Duke ties and very close relationship. (E.g., Kyrie passing endorsement opportunities down to Tatum.) Kyrie without a word in 77 minutes about the rest of his teammates other than to say he had a different sort of relationship with them (not so close and lovey-dovey).

Forsberg, I'm thinking it was, (correction: Souza on podcast with Adam K.) dropped how the team was so split about Smart last year, with one camp really resenting him, but that Smart is playing and doing much better this year.

I think Tatum is the guy on a hinge, managing to get along with both Kyrie (and presumably the Marci) and the other young guys. Tatum could also potentially be the piece tipping the scale toward Kyrie staying here with KD or another star brought in.

TRo also seems to play up his appreciation for Kyrie helping out his game, so he may well be another relative diplomat on the team, though of course someone was trashing him (and Tatum) to Washburn earlier in the season (in that article where Washburn also conveniently had some on-the-record quotes from Brown).

Also, from some clips of coaches kids on the practice court, I take it that this was one of the more common than the rest of the league C's road trips that had families along. If that is so, then I would think the married guys might have been busy with their wives, etc., on their free evenings.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#49 » by return2glory » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:54 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:He knows someone who hangs out with the team, and he has more info than those working in the industry. This.. incredibly real.. situation does not warrant him telling you anything.

Just saying, lol.

Dude drop it already. You are coming off as s huge hater. If that’s all you got out of this thread, then whatever.

I know from my sources which Celtic players went out together in SF/Oakland area. I know which Celtic player throw a little get together and which one player showed up. I know this because the few people I know were there. I know which player showed up and was mad at what specific players didn’t show and why this Celtic player was mad and went off on a few people. And yes, few Celtic players were singled out by this one Celtic player.

Bottom line is I can’t go into details because it comes back to my friend and his partners And it will ruin their relationship with NBA players.

The point of this thread is that there are still the same ongoing team chemsisty issues and players still not liking one another. So don’t expect anything from this team. This team should have been blown up last month but we all know why Danny didn’t make any trades. It’s basically a lost season. I personally got inside info to confirm this and that reported plane ride hadn’t changed anything.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,312

Post#50 » by Captain_Caveman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:01 pm

return2glory wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Just saying, lol.

Dude drop it already. You are coming off as s huge hater. If that’s all you got out of this thread, then whatever.

I know from my sources which Celtic players went out together in SF/Oakland area. I know which Celtic player throw a little get together and which one player showed up. I know this because the few people I know were there. I know which player showed up and was mad at what specific players didn’t show and why this Celtic player was mad and went off on a few people. And yes, few Celtic players were singled out by this one Celtic player.

Bottom line is I can’t go into details because it comes back to my friend and his partners And it will ruin their relationship with NBA players.

The point of this thread is that there are still the same ongoing team chemsisty issues and players still not liking one another. So don’t expect anything from this team. This team should have been blown up last month but we all know why Danny didn’t make any trades. It’s basically a lost season. I personally got inside info to confirm this and that reported plane ride hadn’t changed anything.

I think you are conflating the chemistry issues with an inability to win in the playoffs.

There are always chemistry issues with pro teams. The Warriors and Patriots have had them and win anyway.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#51 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:15 pm

return2glory wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Just saying, lol.

I had 3 angels from heaven visit me bedside last night and tell me about a lunch date they had with reds ghost at his favorite Chinese food spot.

I do expect at minimum an ECF finals appearance from this team, probably the finals. When it happens holler st your “source” we r all about banners but if we lose it will be about talent or lack there of, not bc of some valet Parker .

:lol: at hating.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#52 » by Edug27 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Stopped reading once I read "Cant give any details.."
Zeroforwinger
Junior
And1: 414

Post#53 » by Zeroforwinger » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:39 pm

return2glory wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Just saying, lol.

If it’s only two players at the event, it wouldn’t be hard for anyone there to figure out who was talking trash. So if you’re worried about your friend getting in trouble, it’s probably too late.
Grooverider
Senior
And1: 882

Post#54 » by Grooverider » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:47 pm

return2glory wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Just saying, lol.

I get why you shared it but Captain_Caveman is correct this didn't need a thread. If this really was going to ruin the relationships of your friends and NBA players by sharing detailed information I personally wouldn't have even posted this thread period because it sounds like they are already sensitive enough if they are reading message boards and looking at your posts.
TA42
Sixth Man
And1: 772

Post#55 » by TA42 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:50 pm

grindtime22 wrote:Jaylen threw an event on a road trip?

LOL this is exactly what I thought when I read the post.

Wouldn't find it the least bit surprising to see it was him and then the vets blowing it off because their mindset is more business than pleasure at this point. Would also tie into the Kyrie "Need to get out of LA" comments a bit if he thought guys focus still wasn't there.

That said, come playoff time they'll be fine.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Post#56 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:00 pm

The guys had a full Sunday off plus more time in LA? There are a LOT of things one can do with that. Tons of stuff to do with your kids. Surely many nightlife opportunities. Kyrie knows people in the movie biz. Pierce, Garnett, Kobe and many other guys live in the area, I believe. And isn't LA where Smart's mirror-punching episode occurred?

If teammates wanted to do different things with their opportunity, I can see that as a source of annoyance or frustration. But it really doesn't strike me as something to have major grudges about.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
amory87
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,434

Post#57 » by amory87 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:00 pm

I posted in another thread, it's pretty obvious that a single west coast trip where they managed to win a few games (2 of which over mediocre competition) wouldn't fully repair whatever this team is going through.

I'll say this: it doesn't really matter. I'd rather they at least try to fake it till they make it instead of constantly bitching about one another.

Ultimately it's about Kyrie and his happiness as a Celtic. The whole rest of the team will be on the AD trading block this offseason anyway if he decides to stay in Boston, I'm just glad he's trying to turn over a new leaf and win some games in the meantime. This season doesn't have to go to waste.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#58 » by GoGreen » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:17 pm

Idk what's happening, i just know i had more interest watching a lineup of IT/AB/Crowder/Amir/Sullinger than these guys. And it sucks.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#59 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:46 pm

imagine how good that 08 team would have been if rondo and ray showed up to each others events, shaq and kobe would've won titles if they had gotten along, these warriors team wont 3 peat this year bc they hate each other............wait a minute

talent wins. they don't have to be besties. just stop with the headlines to the press, root for each other on the court like the last 4 games and be personable with each other. the rest will work itself out

i wish we had a smoother record this season, but i am still confident how it will end.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,011

Post#60 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:38 pm

Fake it til you 18th banner it!

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Return to Boston Celtics