Nuggets Drop Isaiah Thomas From Rotation

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Nuggets Drop Isaiah Thomas From Rotation 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:57 am

The Denver Nuggets have shortened their rotation with Isaiah Thomas being dropped.

Thomas has played in only nine games since his return from hip surgery. Thomas signed a one-year deal for the veteran's minimum with the expectation he would backup Jamal Murray, but the emergence of Monte Morris made that difficult.

Michael Malone pulled Thomas aside before Tuesday's game to inform him of the decision.

“You definitely talk to him, and I will keep that conversation between myself and IT,” Malone said. “Not an easy conversation, but that’s my job. It’s never about Isaiah or any individual. It’s about what’s best for our team. I made the decision to shorten the rotation, only play eight guys in the first quarter, and I’m going to continue to do that for the time being. Sixteen games to go, I’m trying to find a rhythm and a rotation that I feel like will give us the best chance to win now and into the playoffs.”

Malone praised Thomas’ professionalism in handling his removal from the rotation. 

Via Nick Kosmider/The Athletic

FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Re: Nuggets Drop Isaiah Thomas From Rotation 

Post#2 » by FreeBoosie » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:49 pm

Does Brink’s provide business services in China? Lol
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:26 pm

Kinda sad. The guy was 2nd team all-NBA and in his prime just 24 months ago. And he never got to cash in on thst success before being crippled by injuries.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#4 » by 12footrim » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:35 pm

The_Hater wrote:Kinda sad. The guy was 2nd team all-NBA and in his prime just 24 months ago. And he never got to cash in on thst success before being crippled by injuries.

Hard to be sad for a guy that made 30 millions but relative to what his talent and results were and what others with this talent made he has always been grossly underpaided. He might be the most underpaid player in NBA history so that is sad for his family. Pretty much all about his height where people never believed in him even when he was doing it on the court.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
swyftdahoe
Senior
And1: 430

Post#5 » by swyftdahoe » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:02 pm

FreeBoosie wrote:Does Brink’s provide business services in China? Lol

You might be joking but that actually might be a great idea for IT. An offensive-minded game. His smaller stature could actually be a great marketing thing over in China. He would get endorsements galore. That said, IT should definitely give the NBA at least another year or two, still recovering from his injury and all.
Orlock78
Junior
And1: 10

Post#6 » by Orlock78 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:29 pm

If there was one dude in the NBA i wouldn't bet against, its IT. If anyone can comeback and be effective again, its him. I'd be cool if the Pacers took a flier on him next season. Doubt it would happen, but you never know.
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#7 » by MJallday59 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:34 pm

Orlock78 wrote:If there was one dude in the NBA i wouldn't bet against, its IT. If anyone can comeback and be effective again, its him. I'd be cool if the Pacers took a flier on him next season. Doubt it would happen, but you never know.

Orlando should definitely take a hard look as well.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 232

Post#8 » by tigerae » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:06 pm

Personally I would sue the Celtics if I were him since they are the reason he is in the situation that he's in. The team doctors should have not allowed him to play hurt if there was a chance he could cause long term damage unless they made him sign a waiver.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#9 » by dan-man » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:50 pm

swyftdahoe wrote:
FreeBoosie wrote:Does Brink’s provide business services in China? Lol

You might be joking but that actually might be a great idea for IT. An offensive-minded game. His smaller stature could actually be a great marketing thing over in China. He would get endorsements galore. That said, IT should definitely give the NBA at least another year or two, still recovering from his injury and all.

"Another year or two". The guy is a geezer in NBA years. Time is running out.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#10 » by bb22 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:21 pm

12footrim wrote:
The_Hater wrote:Kinda sad. The guy was 2nd team all-NBA and in his prime just 24 months ago. And he never got to cash in on thst success before being crippled by injuries.

Hard to be sad for a guy that made 30 millions but relative to what his talent and results were and what others with this talent made he has always been grossly underpaided. He might be the most underpaid player in NBA history so that is sad for his family. Pretty much all about his height where people never believed in him even when he was doing it on the court.

He had one great season where he played like a max player. Unfortunately the injury was terrible timing and he hasn't been the same since (and prob never will be). So he's not really owed anything at this point other than an apology from the C's medical staff.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#11 » by DoItALL9 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:25 pm

Phoenix and Boston should consider bringing him in on one year deals next season.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#12 » by hyberx » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:52 pm

IT is a good example of don't count your Brinks trucks before they hatch.
Hakimbrook46
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#13 » by Hakimbrook46 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:23 pm

Good God! I wonder what poor Tom ever did wrong for which is career is descending this fast.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#14 » by 12footrim » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

bb22 wrote:
12footrim wrote:

He had one great season where he played like a max player. Unfortunately the injury was terrible timing and he hasn't been the same since (and prob never will be). So he's not really owed anything at this point other than an apology from the C's medical staff.

He's been underpaid every year, it's not just one season . He was literally averaging a highly efficient 20 and 6 while making 700k on his rookie deal. He then had 2 all star seasons where he made 6 million a year, including one of which he was like #3 in the MVP voting where he averaged near 30ppg on historic efficiency and did it on a top team. It wasn't empty stats.

Relative his era he's the most underpaid player ever relative his entire career. He's barely made 30 million total. What other guy making 700k to 6 million dollars post multiple 16ppg to 28 ppg years and never got rewarded. It's said the money some players have stole and he didn't even get a slice of the real stuff.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource

Return to Wiretap Discussion