ImageImageImage

This team is still not united- West coast trip update

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#61 » by cloverleaf » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:39 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:imagine how good that 08 team would have been if rondo and ray showed up to each others events, shaq and kobe would've won titles if they had gotten along, these warriors team wont 3 peat this year bc they hate each other............wait a minute

talent wins. they don't have to be besties. just stop with the headlines to the press, root for each other on the court like the last 4 games and be personable with each other. the rest will work itself out

i wish we had a smoother record this season, but i am still confident how it will end.

It can go either way. Hard for all those egos to work and travel together all season without some friction. Some teams can win despite it and for some teams it carries over onto the court. So far, it seems to have carried over onto the court with this team, but that's not to say that they might not be able to pull it together for the postseason. Of course, the playoffs will be tougher for them, playing mostly or all without the home-court advantage -- in part because of it apparently having affected them so far this year.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#62 » by cloverleaf » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:41 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:Fake it til you 18th banner it!

Read on Twitter

Did you see Kyrie faking it headed into the locker room after the GSW win? He turned on the smiles and claps as soon as he turned into the camera on the way in.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#63 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:02 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:imagine how good that 08 team would have been if rondo and ray showed up to each others events, shaq and kobe would've won titles if they had gotten along, these warriors team wont 3 peat this year bc they hate each other............wait a minute

talent wins. they don't have to be besties. just stop with the headlines to the press, root for each other on the court like the last 4 games and be personable with each other. the rest will work itself out

i wish we had a smoother record this season, but i am still confident how it will end.

It can go either way. Hard for all those egos to work and travel together all season without some friction. Some teams can win despite it and for some teams it carries over onto the court. So far, it seems to have carried over onto the court with this team, but that's not to say that they might not be able to pull it together for the postseason. Of course, the playoffs will be tougher for them, playing mostly or all without the home-court advantage -- in part because of it apparently having affected them so far this year.

Agreed but that’s where I at least like the ownership from kyrie that’s he’s acted like a dick this year and players like Morris and al acknowledging it. Gives me Hope
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#64 » by cloverleaf » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:41 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

Agreed but that’s where I at least like the ownership from kyrie that’s he’s acted like a dick this year and players like Morris and al acknowledging it. Gives me Hope

We should at least have hope!
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#65 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:28 am

Jaylen and Kyrie gonna have a dance-off till death after the season ends. Might get ugly. You can feel the animosity.

Read on Twitter
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#66 » by celticfan42487 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:57 am

I mean you don't have Irving and Morris **** on the team every other week

Brown saying the locker room is toxic

Among many other recent and old quotes of how much they hate each other...

And suddenly expect they resolved it on a plane ride.

There are people that had imaginary bridges sold to them who wouldn't buy that fairy tale.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,397

Post#67 » by Jaqua92 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:07 am

celticfan42487 wrote:I mean you don't have Irving and Morris **** on the team every other week

There are people that had imaginary bridges sold to them who wouldn't buy that fairy tale.
It's not about repairing it.

It's about something called compartmentalizing. Which is what they appear to be doing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#68 » by robdog_5 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:54 am

It's not about liking each other. You don't have to be friends. You have to play hard for each and everyone and play hard for yourself and your coach but it's about doing the right things on the court and playing hard. Not every championship team likes each other. Tom Brady clearly has his guys on his squad. Just win.
DaTruth34
Junior
And1: 314

Post#69 » by DaTruth34 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:09 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:I mean you don't have Irving and Morris **** on the team every other week

He said toxic because of loosing

Inviato dal mio Moto G (4) utilizzando Tapatalk
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#70 » by cloverleaf » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:13 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Jaylen and Kyrie gonna have a dance-off till death after the season ends. Might get ugly. You can feel the animosity.

Read on Twitter

I'm not so sure Brown was so much appreciating that.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#71 » by cloverleaf » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:14 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:

It's not about repairing it.

It's about something called compartmentalizing. Which is what they appear to be doing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yes, though after getting up for that great GSW game, it seemed to wear off a bit more with each subsequent game on the trip.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#72 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:15 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Jaylen and Kyrie gonna have a dance-off till death after the season ends. Might get ugly. You can feel the animosity.

Read on Twitter

I'm not so sure Brown was so much appreciating that.

Yes. The smile and interaction afterwards reeked of contempt for Kyrie.
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#73 » by Taget » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:55 pm

I think one thing this thread is getting wrong is it is confusing on court chemistry with getting along outside the court. They often are different though the later can affect the former. IE I don't think Portis putting Mirotic in the hospital was a net "positive" for team chemistry.

There are teams where the players absolutely love and adore each other where they just don't compliment each other on the court. And there are teams where players had seriously grudges against each other that achieved great things. Even if those issues helped cause things to break down at a later date.

There is also a third issue of leadership where the two do intermix somewhat. But even there the issue is whether a player can get the attention and respect of the rest of the team on the court
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#74 » by return2glory » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:48 pm

return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#75 » by return2glory » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Taget wrote:
There is also a third issue of leadership where the two do intermix somewhat. But even there the issue is whether a player can get the attention and respect of the rest of the team on the court

That’s exactly right. It’s not so much that guys don’t like each other. It’s more about guys not respecting each other and the lack of leadership that’s been going on all season.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,617

Post#76 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:46 pm

return2glory wrote:
Taget wrote:

That’s exactly right. It’s not so much that guys don’t like each other. It’s more about guys not respecting each other and the lack of leadership that’s been going on all season.

Right. But Brad still has a chance to say: "OK, the playoffs are close/here, and so it's time for me to micromanage. This is exactly what I want everybody to do."

(Subtext or explicit follow-on, as he chooses: "Maybe if you'd all been a little better at getting along like adults, I wouldn't have to be so dictatorial now. But it is what it is.")

That's this year's big coaching test for him. If he passes it, all his missteps -- identifiable or not as the case may be -- earlier in the year should be graded generously.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
denmuscles
Pro Prospect
And1: 620

Post#77 » by denmuscles » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:05 pm

Yeah okkkkkk. Hey Im here about to brag how I know something but cant reveal much. Kid stop dreaming.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,045

Post#78 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:13 pm

The team isn't a great fit. Some guys struggle being at their best without being used a lot. Jaylen Brown put it perfectly in an interview a few months back. These guys went from having little expectations and a lot of opportunity, to high expectations and limited opportunity. That is hard to deal with and it is hard to be at your best that way. It's only natural that frustrations would occur..but I never for a second believed these guys didn't like each other..Kyrie loves Tatum and he has always been cool with Brown and Terry. Brown loves Horford and most of the young guys have said Horford is a great leader. The issues are fit and on court chemistry. But those issues have been slowly fixed themselves..now it's just a matter of playing hard for a full game. I don't think anybody wants to get injured 30 days before the playoffs so if playoff positioning doesn't matter much inside that lockerroom, don't expect anybody to break their necks out there at any point. That's what leads to a hungry, scrappy, motivated Clips team putting a beating on us. Same thing that led to a hungry Celtics team putting a stomping on a cruising GS.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,470

Post#79 » by AlCelticFan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:11 pm

Green89 wrote:I highly doubt there are many employees at any company that enjoy hanging out with or even like every single one of their co-workers. That doesn't mean that business won't be successful. In fact, differing personality types are often pointed to in making a good team work.

You're forgetting the real important part (if you choose to believe it), that they don't respect each other. I agree with you that they don't need to all be best buds, but not respecting each other is a fundamental need for working closely with other people, trusting them etc. Not good if true.
UHar_Vinnie
Bench Warmer
And1: 425

Post#80 » by UHar_Vinnie » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:31 pm

I didn't hear about any significant chemistry issues at any point last season. Did I miss anything?

From that, I deduce that the problems this year must arise largely from the people who weren't with the team last season. Kyrie missed the end of the season and the playoffs, but he still played 60 games. Didn't seem to have an overt chemistry issue in those games.

So I have to believe that Hayward (and a reduction in touches and minutes for other wing players because of Hayward's presence on court) must be at least one of the issues. Other wings (and Rozier - on a contract year) might be resentful that Gordon is playing like crap most nights, but he still gets 25 minutes and 9-10 FG attempts every game. They could be feeling that Gordon doesn't deserve the minutes and touches in his current state. Also, we have read that those guys don't hang out with Gordon (and vice versa), other than (recently) Tatum. It's not hard to believe that there might be some resentment and jealousy in that locker room with some possible racial undertones (I hope not, but that's a reality in the NBA).

Return to Boston Celtics