Do you believe the Lakers will reach the playoffs in 2020?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Do you believe the Lakers will reach the playoffs in 2020? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:22 pm

1. Yes
2. No
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,192

Re: Do you believe the Lakers will reach the playoffs in 2020? 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:12 pm

I don't think they'll go anywhere... but they should get there!
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 232

Post#3 » by tigerae » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:49 pm

I definitely feel they will improve the team from this year and should make the playoffs, if only to get some shooters to surround LeBron with this time instead of "playmakers" who can't shoot. I mean Rondo has been their best 3pt shooter basically all season.

As to how deep in to the playoffs, there's a lot of questions yet to be answered. Who will coach next season, what players will stay and who will go, from the ones that stay, will they really work on their game over the summer to take the next level as they really did not over this past summer and most importantly, what superstars (if any) will they be able to sign or trade for to help LeBron.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#4 » by Cookin Baskets » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:10 am

This a no brainier they should of made it this year, especially if they add someone in free agency. Ingram,Kuzma,Ball should also improve in their 3rd year.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,492

Post#5 » by dice » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:41 pm

heavy favorites to at least make the playoffs. c'mon. even if they didn't change their roster they'd be more likely than not to get there. but given that they'll almost certainly improve through free agency...
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
LukaMagic
Senior
And1: 679

Post#6 » by LukaMagic » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:49 am

So who are they taking a playoff spot from? I don't see it happening. KD&Kawhi are not signing there, AD is not coming either, so who exactly is going to propel them to the 8th seed? Welcome to the Western conference LeBron.

Kings, Clippers and probably even teams like Suns, Mavs, Wolves and Grizzlies are all going to get better. Don't look at Lakers' potential improvements in a vacuum, this is not the East of the past two decades, everyone is trying to get better and Lakers are miles behind the top dogs.
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Post#7 » by phraoh » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:45 pm

Having this question right now at this stage of not even hitting the off season is the reason that Lakers will NOT reach the playoffs in 2020. Since no one knows who they will add, who they will retain, makes it impossible to predict. But I do know any of the young players there will NOT get along with Lebron, nor be able to handle the expectations that will be on the coach, young players, and Magic next season. Only Lebron won't have any, since he will just blame everyone else, and he went to LA for the "life" there, and not for basketball reasons.

Return to Polls Discussion