Antonio Brown Wants To Pass Jerry Rice On Receiving List

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Antonio Brown Wants To Pass Jerry Rice On Receiving List 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:55 pm

During his introductory press conference with the Oakland Raiders, Antonio Brown says his ultimate goal is to pass Jerry Rice as the NFL\'s all-time leading receiver.

Brown has averaged 114 catches for 1,524 yards the past six seasons. No Raiders receiver in franchise history has ever reached either of those marks in a single season.

He currently sits No. 28 on the NFL\'s all-time receptions list with 837 catches. Rice sits first with 1,549 catches.

\"My goal really is to catch Jerry Rice,\" Brown said. \"Playing with a guy like Coach [Jon] Gruden, obviously, he knows what it takes to keep me upright and fresh. Keep me out there for a long time so it\'s a challenge every year to prove my love for the game. I\'m just taking it one year at a time.

\"Obviously, my goal in the back of my mind is to catch Jerry Rice. Every year, I have to prove my love. This year I\'m out here to prove my love.\"

Via Paul Gutierrez/ESPN

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,620

Re: Antonio Brown Wants To Pass Jerry Rice On Receiving List 

Post#2 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:28 am

He won't have as many catches in that offense as he had with the Steelers and Ben.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,423

Re: Antonio Brown Wants To Pass Jerry Rice On Receiving List 

Post#3 » by Revived » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:43 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:He won't have as many catches in that offense as he had with the Steelers and Ben.

Who else they gonna throw it to? Steelers had Bell and Juju and Brown still got his yards so i doubt the nobodies on the Raiders will take away his targets.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion