2018 Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,123

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread 

Post#1841 » by Revived » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:00 am

Read on Twitter

Can’t Kobe’s question be asked about LeBron?

“Is 35 year old LeBron James better than Anthony Davis? No, no! Ciao! Bye! Anthony Davis is one of the best players in the world.”

Obviously Davis being represented by Rich Paul too complicates things but otherwise...why not?

Kawhi is more likely to join with Davis and without ‘Bron as well.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#1842 » by Resistance » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:07 am

snaquille oatmeal wrote:Question for the trade experts: obviously NO won’t trade AD to the Lakers, but what’s stopping another team trading for AD and then trading him back to us? What’s the timeline? Who would do it?

The third team would have to be interested in the players that the Lakers would be sending out.

They also could be looking to make a profit for doing that favor for the Lakers which would require an additional asset from LA.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,809

Post#1843 » by zimpy27 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:04 pm

Trade Ingram, Hart and Wagner for Sabonis and McDermott.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,632

Post#1844 » by nzahir » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:22 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Trade Ingram, Hart and Wagner for Sabonis and McDermott.

Why? We need a great defensive anchor

Just imagine if Mitch's dumbass didn't waste cap on Mozgov and Deng.

Wouldn't have to give up on DLO. Which means Lakers draft Tatum instead.

Team is currently

Dlo, BI, Tatum, Lebron, Mcgee (could have been Zubac)
Hart or Kuzma still on the bench

Pels wouldn't turn down Tatum and some 1sts. Or BI, Dlo, Hart/Kuzma and picks.

Dlo BI, Lebron, AD, C

Close with DLO, Hart/Kuz, BI, Lebron, AD

**** MITCH
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1845 » by zimpy27 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:08 pm

nzahir wrote:

Team is currently

Dlo BI, Lebron, AD, C

**** MITCH

Sabonis is on same timeline as BI as far as contracts go. It's important to have them staggered so Lakers can get salaries over the cap.
Sabonis and McDermott can essentially lead a potent bench and will be a great fit next to LeBron and Lonzo.

The trade is really to remove the starter with worst fit (Ingram) to build a strong bench and offensive fit with LeBron/Lonzo.

It leaves the starters as Lonzo, LeBron, Kuzma and makes the priority of a Guard and a C to be filled in free agency.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#1846 » by nzahir » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:18 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Team is currently

Dlo BI, Lebron, AD, C

**** MITCH

Sabonis is on same timeline as BI as far as contracts go. It's important to have them staggered so Lakers can get salaries over the cap.
Sabonis and McDermott can essentially lead a potent bench and will be a great fit next to LeBron and Lonzo.

The trade is really to remove the starter with worst fit (Ingram) to build a strong bench and offensive fit with LeBron/Lonzo.

It leaves the starters as Lonzo, LeBron, Kuzma and makes the priority of a Guard and a C to be filled in free agency.

He isn't a great defender, but been better as of late

I actually think Kuzma, Sabonis, and James frontcourt is a huge problem. Kuzma not a great defender, also doesn't hit 3s too well it looks like. And a poor ft shooter

I like Sabonis in that his cap hold 10.5 M the next summer right? (Verify, not great with cap holds and QO)

Can also sign a max guy next summer in AD if we strike out on Kawhi/KD/Klay/Kyrie.

I would hold cap space if our options are Butler, Middleton, Boogie.

Kemba I am still on fence on if its worth doing, depends on other moves made and what other teams do

In conclusion: I actually like it if we can also move Kuzma somewhere for a better cheap 3 and d guy and we feel like we have legit shot at AD next summer
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1847 » by zimpy27 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:25 pm

nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:Why? We need a great defensive anchor

Team is currently

Dlo BI, Lebron, AD, C

**** MITCH

I actually think Kuzma, Sabonis, and James frontcourt is a huge problem. Kuzma not a great defender, also doesn't hit 3s too well it looks like. And a poor ft shooter

I like Sabonis in that his cap hold 10.5 M the next summer right? (Verify, not great with cap holds and QO)

Can also sign a max guy next summer in AD if we strike out on Kawhi/KD/Klay/Kyrie.

Kemba I am still on fence on if its worth doing, depends on other moves made and what other teams do

In conclusion: I actually like it if we can also move Kuzma somewhere for a better cheap 3 and d guy

Not opposed with moving Kuzma, I just think he has potential to improve his catch and shoot 3s dramatically.

The decision on Kuzma for me would be made based on the best FA that joins. If it's an SF/PF then trade Kuzma for an 3+D SG otherwise keep him and determine if Sabonis is a better starting 4.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#1848 » by nzahir » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:57 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

In conclusion: I actually like it if we can also move Kuzma somewhere for a better cheap 3 and d guy

Not opposed with moving Kuzma, I just think he has potential to improve his catch and shoot 3s dramatically.

The decision on Kuzma for me would be made based on the best FA that joins. If it's an SF/PF then trade Kuzma for an 3+D SG otherwise keep him and determine if Sabonis is a better starting 4.

Your thoughts on:

1) Maxing Kemba and AD is traded elsewhere. Is it worth doing? Can we win a ring with Kemba as #2?

2) What is legit the most you would give up for AD assuming we get the 10th pick and what if we get the 4th?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,539

Post#1849 » by stan francisco » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:58 pm

nzahir wrote:

Just imagine if Jim’s dumbass didn't waste cap on Mozgov and Deng.

Team is currently

Dlo BI, Lebron, AD, C

**** JIMMY

Fixed it for you. Lol
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1850 » by zimpy27 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:36 am

nzahir wrote:
Spoiler:
zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Your thoughts on:

1) Maxing Kemba and AD is traded elsewhere. Is it worth doing? Can we win a ring with Kemba as #2?

2) What is legit the most you would give up for AD assuming we get the 10th pick and what if we get the 4th?

1) No maxing Kemba would be a mistake regardless. It's important to have strong defensive guard spots given the way Lakers want to play defense with LeBron. Jrue Holiday would be a great option with Lonzo, if you can trade for him without losing Lonzo.

2) I would give everyone (except LeBron) with the 10 pick, I'd give everyone (except Lonzo and LeBron) with the 4th pick.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#1851 » by nzahir » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:28 am

zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Spoiler:
zimpy27 wrote:

Your thoughts on:

1) No maxing Kemba would be a mistake regardless. It's important to have strong defensive guard spots given the way Lakers want to play defense with LeBron. Jrue Holiday would be a great option with Lonzo, if you can trade for him without losing Lonzo.

2) I would give everyone (except LeBron) with the 10 pick, I'd give everyone (except Lonzo and LeBron) with the 4th pick.

1) Kemba and Lonzo not a good enough backcourt defensively? Move BI/Kuz for a better 3 and d wing, move one to bench as spark plug, Lebron, C

2) Ok you are in the same boat I am with AD. I think we just have to get it done. I would do all the main 3, 10th pick, and 2 1sts

Lets us max someone too or get 2-4 pieces. Fill with exception and vets plus AD, Lebron, Hart, and Wagner

Hoping we get "lucky" enough to get in top 4
nzahir
RealGM

Post#1852 » by nzahir » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:25 pm

If Lakers miss out on big names this summer and can't get AD and want to keep cap space for AD in 2020, what are some trades they can make that would allow them to max AD next summer? BI needs to be moved so they don't have to pay him next year. I am assuming he is healthy and fine.

Some names and ideas (please give criticism on how to make trades better)

Jarrett Allen and Crabbe (allows them more cap space) for BI? Nets sign Cousins if they strike out on big names?
Bam for BI if Heat want more star potential?
3 way trade: RoCo to LA, BI to ORL, Issac to Wolves. Maybe Lakers get a future protected 1st from Orl or a 2nd?
Ingles and a 1st for BI
Sabonis for BI and a 1st

Any other moves/fixes to these moves?
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#1853 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:35 pm

Any lebron trade where it’s made amicably and no bad money coming back. Doubt that exists since I think he’s here to make Space Jams and talk shows but I’d do it instantly.
-Spyda-
Pro Prospect
And1: 363

Post#1854 » by -Spyda- » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:33 pm

Trade LeBron for the 1st pick
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#1855 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:37 pm

-Spyda- wrote:Trade LeBron for the 1st pick

If only
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#1856 » by Pythagoras » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:07 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

The problem with Kuzma is that he’s so far and away from even being a respectable catch and shoot 3 point player it’s hard to envision how good he ends up. He’s absolutely terrible. He’s also fallen into many of the same bad habits that sunk Clarkson, to the point where he has no value to the team if he isn’t scoring. For my money Kuzma needs to go to the bench.

I still expect our 1st pick to be traded. If you’re going to pair that pick with one of our young players to net some established talent then Kuzma should be the first guy you shop.
Numbers rule the universe.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#1857 » by Pythagoras » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:10 pm

nzahir wrote:If Lakers miss out on big names this summer and can't get AD and want to keep cap space for AD in 2020, what are some trades they can make that would allow them to max AD next summer? BI needs to be moved so they don't have to pay him next year. I am assuming he is healthy and fine.

Some names and ideas (please give criticism on how to make trades better)

Jarrett Allen and Crabbe (allows them more cap space) for BI? Nets sign Cousins if they strike out on big names?
Bam for BI if Heat want more star potential?
3 way trade: RoCo to LA, BI to ORL, Issac to Wolves. Maybe Lakers get a future protected 1st from Orl or a 2nd?
Ingles and a 1st for BI
Sabonis for BI and a 1st

Any other moves/fixes to these moves?

Moving BI to protect cap space is awful. Just awful. Nobody in the FO better even be contemplating that nonsense.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#1858 » by nzahir » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:12 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:

The problem with Kuzma is that he’s so far and away from even being a respectable catch and shoot 3 point player it’s hard to envision how good he ends up. He’s absolutely terrible. He’s also fallen into many of the same bad habits that sunk Clarkson, to the point where he has no value to the team if he isn’t scoring. For my money Kuzma needs to go to the bench.

I still expect our 1st pick to be traded. If you’re going to pair that pick with one of our young players to net some established talent then Kuzma should be the first guy you shop.

He was better last year, he still has the tools so there is a good chance he actually improves

If we could get Kyrie/Kawhi this year then things are very good since we aren't forced to move BI for and can ship out Kuz for a better fit (3 and d or C).

I like BI to lead 2nd unit until his jumper gets better. Hard to have 2 guys in BI and ZO who can't shoot it well close games out around Lebron. I like ZO's defense more, ability to push pace, and doesn't need ball in hand.

ZO, Bullock/Danny Green, Kawhi, Lebron, Center
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#1859 » by Pythagoras » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:08 pm

nzahir wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

He was better last year, he still has the tools so there is a good chance he actually improves

If we could get Kyrie/Kawhi this year then things are very good since we aren't forced to move BI for and can ship out Kuz for a better fit (3 and d or C).

I like BI to lead 2nd unit until his jumper gets better. Hard to have 2 guys in BI and ZO who can't shoot it well close games out around Lebron. I like ZO's defense more, ability to push pace, and doesn't need ball in hand.

ZO, Bullock/Danny Green, Kawhi, Lebron, Center

There is ability for sure, but he is wildly inconsistent still and he has a bad tendency to try to shoot himself into games. Kuzma is salvageable, but he needs to refine his game a lot this offseason.

As far as Ingram, he’s so talented that you have to figure out to make it work with him and LeBron before giving up on him. Particularly given their ages. I actually think that given a decent supporting cast and one other decent impact player, our young guys will improve enough that we can be close to a contender next year.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#1860 » by Landsberger » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:10 pm

This biggest issue with the young core is the games they miss because of injury. Kuzma has been fairly healthy in his 2 seasons. Ingram and Ball have not. Will Ingram's body hold up under 82? Next year we will be forced into the same corner we were with Randle in terms of paying him. Question is.... do we pay Ingram the max or a top FA?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers