ImageImageImageImageImage

Lumber Joe, Joey Moses, Beef Jerky Joe - The Official Joe Harris Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Re: Lumber Joe, Joey Moses, Beef Jerky Joe - The Official Joe Harris Thread 

Post#621 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:22 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:The fact that this guy was free for the taking and Marks turned him into the 1-2 most important players on this team is just insane. Also let's not discount his hard work ethic. Please listen to Howard Beck's Podcast interview with Joe from about 2 weeks ago if you haven't yet! You'll end up liking the dude even more!

Both Harris and Dinwiddie might have been out of the league if not for Marks and Atkinson.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#622 » by LOUiS-D » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:32 am

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=26086700

at 41:39 Sarah asks Joe about his player development with Jordan Ott
Sleepyazn
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#623 » by Sleepyazn » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:40 am

So Joe Harris only likes Joey Buckets as a nickname. all the other ones he hates
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,246

Post#624 » by Papi_swav » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:52 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I'm mad that dudes on the GB compare Joe to JJ Reddick and Kyle Korver just because he's white. I feel a certain way about that :lol: when JJ Reddick and Kyle Korver start finishing at the basket at an elite level call me.

I'm going to leave this here:

Joe Harris > siakim

change my mind :lol:

Oh no you didn't ! Are you challenging me to another debate Mr. Prok?? lol kidding, I'm bias so I rather Joe anyway, he's top 5 shooter in the game no question and goes hard, so I won't kill you this time :lol:

@MDB, dude the GB sucks, you can't say ANYTHING ! I got suspended for saying Sucktics lol can you believe that? Then I asked the dude that gave me a strike, where were you Mods when Sucktic fans were $***ing on us Nets fans for years straight? he got all in his little feelings. Bro those Mods there are way too sensitive and strike happy. Sick of it.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#625 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Mar 8, 2019 3:14 pm

The Nets are 30-16 when Harris scores in double figures. They’re just 4-12 when he doesn’t, and winless in the five games he’s missed.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/07/thats-sort-of-my-shtick-the-personal-honor-joe-harris-wants/
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#626 » by SpeedyG » Fri Mar 8, 2019 5:27 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
The Nets are 30-16 when Harris scores in double figures. They’re just 4-12 when he doesn’t, and winless in the five games he’s missed.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/07/thats-sort-of-my-shtick-the-personal-honor-joe-harris-wants/
Not really surprised. We've all talked about how much his offense (both shooting and his off ball movement/change up drives) makes our offense go.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#627 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 8, 2019 10:49 pm

Read on Twitter

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#628 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Mar 8, 2019 10:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow. Joe is killing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#629 » by gigantes » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:17 am

Wow. Seems like just a couple weeks ago the 3pt efficiency race was fairly close.

JoeyB simply crushing the field at this point:
http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/3-points
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#630 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:39 am

gigantes wrote:Wow. Seems like just a couple weeks ago the 3pt efficiency race was fairly close.

JoeyB simply crushing the field at this point:
http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/3-points

If we strikeout in free agency, give me Gallinari. Trot out the 1st and 5th best 3 point shooters in terms of accuracy.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#631 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Having an elite level shooter in our starting unit is something that shouldn't be glossed over.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#632 » by MGrand15 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:35 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Having an elite level shooter in our starting unit is something that shouldn't be glossed over.

RJ casually calling the Harris make before it leaves his hand :lol: That's exactly how I feel if he gets a decent look.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#633 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Apr 7, 2019 11:18 pm

I wish we had Joe on a 3-4yr deal instead of this 2yr deal. I think I may have mentioned this when we re-signed him. He was already really good last year and became elite this year.

We’re going to have to compete with other teams for his services in the 2020 offseason. I’d like to think Harris would give us another discount but considering his age, his next contract could be the largest of his career.

Hopefully we’ll be good enough where he’ll feel he can win with us just as much as he can win on another team. Tsai/Prokhorov better open up the bank vault. If he keeps this up, he’ll be worth $13-15mil/year on a long term deal and would easily deserve Reddick’s 1yr/$20mil contracts.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#634 » by SpeedyG » Sun Apr 7, 2019 11:41 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:I wish we had Joe on a 3-4yr deal instead of this 2yr deal. I think I may have mentioned this when we re-signed him. He was already really good last year and became elite this year.

We’re going to have to compete with other teams for his services in the 2020 offseason. I’d like to think Harris would give us another discount but considering his age, his next contract could be the largest of his career.

Hopefully we’ll be good enough where he’ll feel he can win with us just as much as he can win on another team. Tsai/Prokhorov better open up the bank vault. If he keeps this up, he’ll be worth $13-15mil/year on a long term deal and would easily deserve Reddick’s 1yr/$20mil contracts.
We will pay Joe

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#635 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Apr 7, 2019 11:56 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I wish we had Joe on a 3-4yr deal instead of this 2yr deal. I think I may have mentioned this when we re-signed him. He was already really good last year and became elite this year.

We will pay Joe

This was me kinda just be worried but I mostly think you're right.

Marks does right by players even if it means we don't approach each negotiation with the shrewdness of Ebenezer Scrooge.

Dinwiddie openly said that he would sign a 4yr extension with us (which I'm sure was much to the chagrin of his agent) and yet Marks still gave him a 2yr w/3yr PO, so he can get security now but maximize his earning potential when he hits his prime years. I have a feeling that he did the same thing with Joe.

Traditionally, you'd always want every good player to sign for the least amount of money over the longest duration of time possible, since it would give the organization the greatest freedom to make moves in the future. While it might make good, short term sense, I'm sure it won't endear you to players over the long term. Marks clearly believes that if you do right by the players, things will turn out well for you in the long run.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#636 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 8, 2019 12:01 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:

We will pay Joe

This was me kinda just be worried but I mostly think you're right.

Marks does right by players even if it means we don't approach each negotiation with the shrewdness of Ebenezer Scrooge.

Dinwiddie openly said that he would sign a 4yr extension with us (which I'm sure was much to the chagrin of his agent) and yet Marks still gave him a 2yr w/3yr PO, so he can get security now but maximize his earning potential when he hits his prime years. I have a feeling that he did the same thing with Joe.

Traditionally, you'd always want every good player to sign for the least amount of money over the longest duration of time possible, since it would give the organization the greatest freedom to make moves in the future. While it might make good, short term sense, I'm sure it won't endear you to players over the long term. Marks clearly believes that if you do right by the players, things will turn out well for you in the long run.

Do right by the players, their agents will be the ones that remember the most.

jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#637 » by jbeachboy » Mon Apr 8, 2019 12:08 am

what year is joe harris contract run until? any player options on it?
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#638 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Apr 8, 2019 12:15 am

jbeachboy wrote:what year is joe harris contract run until? any player options on it?

He's only signed through next season. He will be a free agent in the 2020 offseason.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#639 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 8, 2019 2:37 pm

Joe has been huge for us these past 5 games. on fire at the right time... lowkey our biggest worry to any chances at an upset is harris being off from three. if he continues this shooting we can make them sweat
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#640 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 8, 2019 2:39 pm

Having an elite level shooter on this roster is so underrated its not even funny.

Return to Brooklyn Nets