Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#241 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:09 pm

Vorda wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Vorda wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25868546/anthony-davis-told-new-orleans-pelicans-re-sign

Common...now or never... Sabonis+DC+Young+1st 2019+1st 2020

Haha haha! As if that was enough to get AD! Change DC to Bojan, add in Holiday, the 2020 1st would have to be 2021 due to league rules on not being able to trade back to back 1sts, and add in the 2023 1st and you’re closer!

Haha is the reason why we will be forever mediocrity... I think that Sabonis and two 1st pick are good start to talk about... DC or Bojan or Thad are not much importante... nobody will give their superstars for Davis...

Oh, if we could move out of mediocrity at such a low cost, then we absolutely would! I'm sure Pritchard is making these types of calls and will be quickly rebuffed. I mean, every GM in the league makes these kinds of calls and quickly find out they don't have nearly enough value. But, if you want to hold your breath in hopes that we'll get the best player in the league, and one of the premiere talents of this generation while he's still young, for Sabonis and not much else, then go for it! You just might be holding your breath for a long time!
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#242 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:10 pm

Vorda wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Vorda wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25868546/anthony-davis-told-new-orleans-pelicans-re-sign

Common...now or never... Sabonis+DC+Young+1st 2019+1st 2020

Haha haha! As if that was enough to get AD! Change DC to Bojan, add in Holiday, the 2020 1st would have to be 2021 due to league rules on not being able to trade back to back 1sts, and add in the 2023 1st and you’re closer!

Haha is the reason why we will be forever mediocrity... I think that Sabonis and two 1st pick are good start to talk about... DC or Bojan or Thad are not much importante... nobody will give their superstars for Davis...

Also, it's very disingenuous to say that DC, Bojan, and Thad are not very important, but then assume that New Orleans would take them as centerpieces in a deal for their young super-duper star.
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#243 » by Vorda » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:15 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Vorda wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Oh, if we could move out of mediocrity at such a low cost, then we absolutely would! I'm sure Pritchard is making these types of calls and will be quickly rebuffed. I mean, every GM in the league makes these kinds of calls and quickly find out they don't have nearly enough value. But, if you want to hold your breath in hopes that we'll get the best player in the league, and one of the premiere talents of this generation while he's still young, for Sabonis and not much else, then go for it! You just might be holding your breath for a long time!
Sabonis has better value than Lonzo or Ingram... only Boston can offer better prospects...

Poslano sa mog SM-A510F koristeći Tapatalk
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#244 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:17 pm

Vorda wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Vorda wrote:

Sabonis has better value than Lonzo or Ingram... only Boston can offer better prospects...

And neither Lonzo or Ingram are enough. The Lakers are likely putting both together, as well as other picks/prospects. We don't have anything else to add to Dom at that point. I think an Ingram/Ball/Kuzma/Hart package is probably better viewed than a Sabonis/Holiday/Leaf package.
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#245 » by Vorda » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:34 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Vorda wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

And neither Lonzo or Ingram are enough. The Lakers are likely putting both together, as well as other picks/prospects. We don't have anything else to add to Dom at that point. I think an Ingram/Ball/Kuzma/Hart package is probably better viewed than a Sabonis/Holiday/Leaf package.
So... AD would play alone with old King in Lakers?

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#246 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:47 pm

Vorda wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Vorda wrote:Sabonis has better value than Lonzo or Ingram... only Boston can offer better prospects...

So... AD would play alone with old King in Lakers?

The belief is that LA would acquire AD during the season, and they'd maintain maximum cap space to then add a 3rd guy. Whether that be a Kyrie, Durant, or Butler.
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#247 » by Yunsen » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:18 am

For us to have any shot at Davis, it would start at minimum with Turner, Holiday and an unprotected 1st. I think they’d be more interested in Turner than Sabonis because he already has a long term deal. I don’t see New Orelans getting adequate value for him until this offseason, because unless one of like 3 teams give up little of value for him, they’re still not beating the Warriors this year.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#248 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:46 pm

I'm really interested in watching Matisse Thybulle from Washington. Back to back Pac-12 defensive player of the year, and hits the 3 just well enough to keep teams honest. Kind of a guard/wing version of Sean Elliott, if you will. He's a guy I'd consider heavily with a late 1st, or even trading back and getting him in early 2nd.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Post#249 » by Wizop » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I'm really interested in watching Matisse Thybulle from Washington

mocks having him going around where we'll pick. some also have Romeo that low. passing on Romeo would bring forth all of the passing on Alford stories. I'm with you though on taking the defender over the slasher.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#250 » by Wizop » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:32 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I'm really interested in watching Matisse Thybulle from Washington. Back to back Pac-12 defensive player of the year, and hits the 3 just well enough to keep teams honest. Kind of a guard/wing version of Sean Elliott, if you will. He's a guy I'd consider heavily with a late 1st, or even trading back and getting him in early 2nd.
saw Washington in first round game. he looked good and announcers were effusive.

Sent from my phone.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#251 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:09 pm

Yikes, Jontay Porter of Missouri (and Michael Porter Jr younger brother) just re-tore the same ACL he had torn before the season. Was projected as a late 1st (would’ve been lotto before acl injury).

Maybe someone worth looking at with a 2nd rounder and stashing for the medical team for another season? Though, who even knows if that knee will ever be able to respond.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26342851/mizzou-porter-re-tears-acl-missing-18-19
Wizop
RealGM

Post#252 » by Wizop » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:50 pm

Williams and the Admiral from TN are both interesting.

Sent from my SM-T237P using RealGM mobile app
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#253 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:57 pm

Wizop wrote:Williams and the Admiral from TN are both interesting.

I really like Schofield as a 2nd round guy.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#254 » by Wizop » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:26 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:

Juwan Morgan getting no love. I'd take him in 2nd if it didn't look like he'd fall out completely. well worth 2 way IMHO.

Sent from my phone.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#255 » by Jake0890 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 6:54 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Juwan Morgan getting no love. I'd take him in 2nd if it didn't look like he'd fall out completely. well worth 2 way IMHO.

Sent from my phone.

Don't really see Juwan as a guy that'll succeed in the NBA. I'd be cool to bring some more IU fans to the fieldhouse, but I'm not sure that Morgan will be physically able to play in the NBA. He seems just not athletic enough.

That said, with as much as Romeo Langford has struggled this year, if we brought him in with our first rounder I wouldn't be upset. The kid HAS to develop a jumpshot, but he hustles, has a good head on his shoulders, and can FINISH at the rim. With the way his stock has dropped, I think it could be a steal. I see him a-la Shaun Livingston.

On the topic of local kids, gimme Carsen Edwards in the 2nd round please.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 926

Post#256 » by Tom White » Tue Apr 2, 2019 1:46 am

Jake0890 wrote:That said, with as much as Romeo Langford has struggled this year, if we brought him in with our first rounder I wouldn't be upset. The kid HAS to develop a jumpshot, but he hustles, has a good head on his shoulders, and can FINISH at the rim. With the way his stock has dropped, I think it could be a steal. I see him a-la Shaun Livingston.

Langford's stock has dropped for a reason. He just isn't as good as the hype surrounding him. I would not waste a pick on him. You mention hustle? If you want hustle, Morgan is the player from that team who did that. Not Langford.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#257 » by Wizop » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:23 am

it'd be hard to pass on Langford particularly if his agent sends him to a shot Doctor. shades of Alford.

Sent from my phone.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#258 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:59 am

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:I'm really interested in watching Matisse Thybulle from Washington

mocks having him going around where we'll pick. some also have Romeo that low. passing on Romeo would bring forth all of the passing on Alford stories. I'm with you though on taking the defender over the slasher.

I like Wilkes from UCLA and he''s from Indianapolis as well. That would make 3 years in a row we take a guy from UCLA. He's got the makings of a good defender. At 6'8'' 215 he's got a 6'11'' wing span and an 8'8'' standing reach, so that kind of length could make him a good defender if he tries at it.

I don't think Romeo is ready for the NBA and should go back to school, but he'll likely be in the draft the lure of that money even if he's 25th in the 1st round is too strong.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 926

Post#259 » by Tom White » Tue Apr 2, 2019 12:16 pm

Wizop wrote:it'd be hard to pass on Langford particularly if his agent sends him to a shot Doctor. shades of Alford.

Yeah. How'd that work out, by the way? :lol:
Wizop
RealGM

Post#260 » by Wizop » Tue Apr 2, 2019 12:23 pm

Tom White wrote:
Wizop wrote:it'd be hard to pass on Langford particularly if his agent sends him to a shot Doctor. shades of Alford.

Yeah. How'd that work out, by the way?
right. lots of boos but the right pick. Romeo can drive and his defense has really improved. I've read he has a hitch in his shot. if true, why IU didn't cure it is a mystery.

Sent from my phone.

Return to Indiana Pacers