ImageImageImageImageImage

Assuming Durant leaves...build next years team.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Re: Assuming Durant leaves...build next years team. 

Post#141 » by clyde21 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:13 am

cladden wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Irving and Durant..Lovebirds..What could possibly go wrong..

KD, Kyrie and scrubs. That's not really a contender. I'd expect KD to get that but who knows.

we'll they'll have a top 3 pick too that they can leverage for another player if they want. Also another year of Smith Jr., Knox and Robinson on the roster.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#142 » by marthafokker » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:24 am

clyde21 wrote:- resign Klay
- trade Draymond

the trade Draymond part is tough, obviously. he's losing value seemingly every game, and he been a complete benign offensive player. what I would do is maybe approach Minnesota and see if they have interest. He'd actually be a solid fit next to Towns. I'd do Draymond for Minny's 1st and Dieng (filler, and a bit of cap relief for Minny).

in FA my #1 target would probably be Bojan Bogdanovic...although I don't think we'd be able to afford I think the only thing we'd have available is the Exception for ~9mil and he'd demand more unless he just wants to come here and is willing to bypass a few mil.

as for philosophy...I'd go back to Warriors basics pre-Durant. Splash Brothers offense.

How about using Livingston, Dray, and Andre to take on Cavs expensive players? That should prolong 2 more years before Curry starts to slow down. Cavs get cap saving to rebuild quicker.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#143 » by DoItALL9 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:34 am

marthafokker wrote:
- trade Draymond

the trade Draymond part is tough, obviously. he's losing value seemingly every game, and he been a complete benign offensive player. what I would do is maybe approach Minnesota and see if they have interest. He'd actually be a solid fit next to Towns. I'd do Draymond for Minny's 1st and Dieng (filler, and a bit of cap relief for Minny).

in FA my #1 target would probably be Bojan Bogdanovic...although I don't think we'd be able to afford I think the only thing we'd have available is the Exception for ~9mil and he'd demand more unless he just wants to come here and is willing to bypass a few mil.

as for philosophy...I'd go back to Warriors basics pre-Durant. Splash Brothers offense.

How about using Livingston, Dray, and Andre to take on Cavs expensive players? That should prolong 2 more years before Curry starts to slow down. Cavs get cap saving to rebuild quicker.

Which guys do you envision in particular?
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#144 » by killmongrel » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:27 am

If KD leaves, the best thing the Warriors can do is try to get a haul from the Knicks if that's the team he wants to go to. If he'll agree to do a sign and trade, the Warriors can actually bolster our depth.

Lance Thomas(making 7,583,975 next season) - SF/PF
Damyean Dotson(making 1,618,520 next season) - SG
Mitchell Robinson(making 1,559,712/1,663,861/1,802,057 in the next 3 seasons) - PF/C
Frank Ntilikina(making 4,855,800/6,176,578 in the next 2 seasons) - PG

Who could we get from this list and how many? If we could get Lance Thomas and Frank Ntilikina, that would take care of our SF position and pg depth should Livingston be waived. I don't know if Lance Thomas is a starting quality SF, but we can at least use the depth and see if an sf in free agency wants to start for the Warriors at the vet. minimum.

I think that Iguodala will most likely be on this team next year. I just can't see them being able to get rid of him since he's still too useful.

So if that's the case they can then focus on re-signing Klay for the max. Re-sign Jonas Jerebko for the vet. minimum. I doubt Looney is back since other teams must know he's at least worth a mult-year contract at 4+ million. I think the Warriors can re-sign Bell at the vet. minimum. Let Cook go. I think they keep McKinnie. Pray that Boogie uses another year on the team to increase his value. Pray that Bogut wants to sign another vet. minimum deal next year.

So it stands, best case scenario, the team can look like:

Steph/Ntilikina/Rookie
Klay/Evans
Vet. Minimum FA/Lance Thomas/Iguodala/McKinnie
Draymond/Jerebko/Bell
Boogie/Bogut/Jones

Or it's possible the team can trade Draymond Green and get a decent return as well.

Worst case scenario:

Steph/Vet. Minimum PG/Rookie
Klay/Evans/
Vet. Minimum FA/Iguodala/McKinnie
Draymond/Bell/Vet. Minimum FA
Jones/Gortat/Deyonte Davis

I can still picture Damion Lee and Marcus Derrickson on those two ways if they don't get better deals.

What do you guys think?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#145 » by Mylie10 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:16 am

killmongrel wrote:If KD leaves, the best thing the Warriors can do is try to get a haul from the Knicks if that's the team he wants to go to. If he'll agree to do a sign and trade, the Warriors can actually bolster our depth.

Lance Thomas(making 7,583,975 next season) - SF/PF
Damyean Dotson(making 1,618,520 next season) - SG
Mitchell Robinson(making 1,559,712/1,663,861/1,802,057 in the next 3 seasons) - PF/C
Frank Ntilikina(making 4,855,800/6,176,578 in the next 2 seasons) - PG

Who could we get from this list and how many? If we could get Lance Thomas and Frank Ntilikina, that would take care of our SF position and pg depth should Livingston be waived. I don't know if Lance Thomas is a starting quality SF, but we can at least use the depth and see if an sf in free agency wants to start for the Warriors at the vet. minimum.

I think that Iguodala will most likely be on this team next year. I just can't see them being able to get rid of him since he's still too useful.

So if that's the case they can then focus on re-signing Klay for the max. Re-sign Jonas Jerebko for the vet. minimum. I doubt Looney is back since other teams must know he's at least worth a mult-year contract at 4+ million. I think the Warriors can re-sign Bell at the vet. minimum. Let Cook go. I think they keep McKinnie. Pray that Boogie uses another year on the team to increase his value. Pray that Bogut wants to sign another vet. minimum deal next year.

So it stands, best case scenario, the team can look like:

Steph/Ntilikina/Rookie
Klay/Evans
Vet. Minimum FA/Lance Thomas/Iguodala/McKinnie
Draymond/Jerebko/Bell
Boogie/Bogut/Jones

Or it's possible the team can trade Draymond Green and get a decent return as well.

Worst case scenario:

Steph/Vet. Minimum PG/Rookie
Klay/Evans/
Vet. Minimum FA/Iguodala/McKinnie
Draymond/Bell/Vet. Minimum FA
Jones/Gortat/Deyonte Davis

I can still picture Damion Lee and Marcus Derrickson on those two ways if they don't get better deals.

What do you guys think?

It's so horrible it makes me want to cry
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#146 » by wco81 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:22 am

You don't want to take back that much salary for non-starters.

In fact you'd need all-star players for that much salary.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#147 » by xdrta+ » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:23 am

killmongrel wrote:If KD leaves, the best thing the Warriors can do is try to get a haul from the Knicks if that's the team he wants to go to. If he'll agree to do a sign and trade, the Warriors can actually bolster our depth.

Leaving aside the fact that it's very difficult to do a sign-and-trade anymore, mainly because of salary matching, why would Durant want to weaken the team he's going to when they could just sign him with cap space? Why would the Knicks agree when they could just sign him with cap space?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Post#148 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:14 pm

Don’t we have Looney’s bird rights? We can keep him as long as we’re willing to match his offer sheet right?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#149 » by likashing » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:22 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26306393/tens-millions-stake-all-nba-sprint-finish

Everything starts from here. There is a *tiny* chance that Klay might get on the All NBA 3rd team and make him eligible for the super-max. The voters might vote him in just to screw us up.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#150 » by xdrta+ » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:33 am

Sleepy51 wrote:Don’t we have Looney’s bird rights? We can keep him as long as we’re willing to match his offer sheet right?

Looney is an unrestricted FA, so there's no offer sheet to match, he can sign wherever he wants. But yeah, GS has his Bird rights, so they can go over the cap and pay as much as they want. Probably hoping there's no interest and they can get him on another minimum contract.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,309

Post#151 » by SpreeS » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:10 am

likashing wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26306393/tens-millions-stake-all-nba-sprint-finish

Everything starts from here. There is a *tiny* chance that Klay might get on the All NBA 3rd team and make him eligible for the super-max. The voters might vote him in just to screw us up.

Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Lillard are lock for first two teams. Irving? He is big question at the moment. Oladipo injured, Kemba and Beal will likely miss PO, Mitchell, DeRozen and Russell -maybe Russell could have case. I could say Klay has very good chances to be in 3th team.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#152 » by wco81 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:24 am

What is the difference, about $50 million over 5 years?

At this point, it's Lacob's money. Whether he makes All-NBA or not, Warriors won't be able to add significant players.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#153 » by likashing » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:51 am

SpreeS wrote:
likashing wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26306393/tens-millions-stake-all-nba-sprint-finish

Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Lillard are lock for first two teams. Irving? He is big question at the moment. Oladipo injured, Kemba and Beal will likely miss PO, Mitchell, DeRozen and Russell -maybe Russell could have case. I could say Klay has very good chances to be in 3th team.

Looks like Simmons is eligible as a guard too. Kyrie despite all his flaws he is still the best player on the Celtics team.

We will only have around 57 wins this season and maybe the 3rd best regular season team. Maybe the votes won’t think our team deserve to have 3 players as All NBA this season.

Earlier this season I felt Klay had no chance. Right now with all the injuries I think Klay has a slight chance. Kind of feel Kyrie/Simmons/Kemba are ahead of Klay, but it will depend on the voters.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#154 » by likashing » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:54 am

wco81 wrote:What is the difference, about $50 million over 5 years?

At this point, it's Lacob's money. Whether he makes All-NBA or not, Warriors won't be able to add significant players.

Because if Klay qualifies and gets the supermax, Draymond won’t be eligible even if he qualifies. Not in a mood to argue who deserves it more though.

Things are more straight forward if Klay isn’t on All NBA this season.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#155 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:31 pm

SpreeS wrote:

I don't disagree with anything you're saying, imho I feel like the list will be...

1st: Harden, Curry
2nd: Westbrick, Lillard
3rd: Beal, Irving

just missing out: Klay, Mitchell, Kemba

although I could see voters turning on Kyrie just for being a douche this year
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#156 » by donkeylips » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:39 pm

I don’t think klay makes it. I think Irving is a lock, and have Beal and walker over klay.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#157 » by Mylie10 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:35 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
SpreeS wrote:

I don't disagree with anything you're saying, imho I feel like the list will be...

1st: Harden, Curry
2nd: Westbrick, Lillard
3rd: Beal, Irving

just missing out: Klay, Mitchell, Kemba

although I could see voters turning on Kyrie just for being a douche this year

In my opinion, Klay has been better than Beal, Westbrook, and Kyrie, especially when you factor in defense.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant

Post#158 » by DoItALL9 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:51 pm

I expect that to happen.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant

Post#159 » by DoItALL9 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:55 pm

likashing wrote:
wco81 wrote:What is the difference, about $50 million over 5 years?

Because if Klay qualifies and gets the supermax, Draymond won’t be eligible even if he qualifies. Not in a mood to argue who deserves it more though.

Things are more straight forward if Klay isn’t on All NBA this season.
Is the rule only 2 super max guys per team?

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#160 » by cpower » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:27 pm

- trade Draymond

Splash Brothers offense, zero defense. that team will be lucky to get to the 2nd round in PS.

Return to Golden State Warriors