ImageImage

Grizzlies Trades Thread

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Re: Grizzlies Trades Thread 

Post#241 » by SamFlow » Mon Feb 4, 2019 9:34 pm

The rumor we hear is conley for reggie jackson and this years detroit first... and cap fluffer to make the trade work cap wise. or rubio and a late first and cap fluff to make the cap work. Which do you think is better?
BigDaddyJungle
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Post#242 » by VCfor3 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 10:11 pm

BigDaddyJungle wrote:The rumor we hear is conley for reggie jackson and this years detroit first... and cap fluffer to make the trade work cap wise. or rubio and a late first and cap fluff to make the cap work. Which do you think is better?

The filler matters. We are either getting expirings or Favors who is basically an expiring but a guy we could potentially flip as well. Or we could flip Rubio. Houston would be the target with a Knight+1st trade being discussed. So it is in essence Utah 1st+HOU 1st+Knight or DET 1st+Reggie Jackson+Leuer. I'm not sure which package is better. We could use Temple and Green to still get the Houston 1st if we trade with Detroit, but I think Memphis is waiting to see if either team will add a sweetener to put their deal over the top.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#243 » by SD2042 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 12:40 am

VCfor3 wrote:
BigDaddyJungle wrote:The rumor we hear is conley for reggie jackson and this years detroit first... and cap fluffer to make the trade work cap wise. or rubio and a late first and cap fluff to make the cap work. Which do you think is better?

The filler matters. We are either getting expirings or Favors who is basically an expiring but a guy we could potentially flip as well. Or we could flip Rubio. Houston would be the target with a Knight+1st trade being discussed. So it is in essence Utah 1st+HOU 1st+Knight or DET 1st+Reggie Jackson+Leuer. I'm not sure which package is better. We could use Temple and Green to still get the Houston 1st if we trade with Detroit, but I think Memphis is waiting to see if either team will add a sweetener to put their deal over the top.

Hard sale here. Not a fan of RJax's game at all. We already had Leuer. Maybe the Utah deal which will involve Rubio, Favors, and their pick. If Rubio is flipped, then to whom is the question.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#244 » by dark-child » Tue Feb 5, 2019 1:57 pm

I personally like flipping Rubio to Houston, Phoenix or to Washington for trevor Ariza.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#245 » by VCfor3 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 8:22 pm

dark-child wrote:I personally like flipping Rubio to Houston, Phoenix or to Washington for trevor Ariza.

I'd love to find a way to do a Mahinmi+1st for Green/Temple or Rubio or Favors type deal since I think the Washington pick would be a good get whether it conveys this year or in the future. Lottery protect it this year for all I care and if it doesn't convey then we get a pick in a better draft. Wall is out another 12 months so I don't see the calvary riding in to save them anytime soon.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,374

Post#246 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Read on Twitter
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,112

Post#247 » by Darthlukey » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:04 pm

Celtics fan here in peace. Grizz are obviously trying to win as much as possible to send Boston their 1st this year in the 9+ range. I had this thought, what do you all think:
If Memphis do end up with a pick in the top 8, let's say 5-8, Danny could always approach them with a 2nd rounder to take the pick this year and extinguish their future obligation. We get a better pick this year and Memphis can tank to their hearts content
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#248 » by SD2042 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:26 am

Darthlukey wrote:Celtics fan here in peace. Grizz are obviously trying to win as much as possible to send Boston their 1st this year in the 9+ range. I had this thought, what do you all think:
If Memphis do end up with a pick in the top 8, let's say 5-8, Danny could always approach them with a 2nd rounder to take the pick this year and extinguish their future obligation. We get a better pick this year and Memphis can tank to their hearts content

The Celtics have to come with more than that. As much as I am for getting that pick off the Grizzlies backs. I rather keep the pick. If it's in the bottom 5 to 8 range, I want to see the Grizzlies package it for maybe a pick and a player or at least two draft choices.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,374

Post#249 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:31 am

Darthlukey wrote:Celtics fan here in peace. Grizz are obviously trying to win as much as possible to send Boston their 1st this year in the 9+ range. I had this thought, what do you all think:

Considering you guys already have 3 first rounders likely coming your way, you'd at least need to drop your own Boston Pick.

(I know you're stockpiling assets to acquire A Davis and maybe keep Tatum). But that Boston pick -- currently sitting at #21 -- won't do much for New Orleans. It could mean the world to Memphis, though.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#250 » by VCfor3 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:56 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Considering you guys already have 3 first rounders likely coming your way, you'd at least need to drop your own Boston Pick.

(I know you're stockpiling assets to acquire A Davis and maybe keep Tatum). But that Boston pick -- currently sitting at #21 -- won't do much for New Orleans. It could mean the world to Memphis, though.

Am I the only one who thinks that a non-conveyed Memphis pick would potentially be worth more than #7 in this draft for NOP? Sure it is a gamble but I'm not totally sure I'd be in love with the guys available at #7 plus you already have multiple picks in this draft (SAC, BOS, NOP, maybe LAC 1sts) that you could either combine to move up or stock your team with young guys. Adding in another young guy next year/2021 instead of this year may help better spread out the influx of rookie inexperience and give NOP a shot at a better player in a future draft. If Memphis does convince BOS to throw something in I feel like it would be their highest 2nd round pick more so than an actual 1st.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,112

Post#251 » by Darthlukey » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:12 am

VCfor3 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that a non-conveyed Memphis pick would potentially be worth more than #7 in this draft for NOP? Sure it is a gamble but I'm not totally sure I'd be in love with the guys available at #7 plus you already have multiple picks in this draft (SAC, BOS, NOP, maybe LAC 1sts) that you could either combine to move up or stock your team with young guys. Adding in another young guy next year/2021 instead of this year may help better spread out the influx of rookie inexperience and give NOP a shot at a better player in a future draft. If Memphis does convince BOS to throw something in I feel like it would be their highest 2nd round pick more so than an actual 1st.

That was my original thinking. It gets Memphis out from under the obligation and gets the Celtics the asset now. Having to transfer a 1st to get it for Boston seems a little counterproductive. Me personally, I would rather Boston roll the dice on the pick in 2 years instead of transferring a 1st this year
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#252 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:17 pm

Would Memphis ever be interested in deal like this ?

The trade of all draft trades . At draft night the Knicks have first pick . Three teams involved here lots of movement and roster hauling.
The Knicks Trade
Lance Thomas
Mario Henjoza
Frank Nitalina
D.Datson and 2nd rounder pick (2021) To Memphis

Knicks trade Mitchell Robinson , Luke Kornet and 1# 2019 draft pick to the Pelicans..

Memphis trades
Chandler Parsons to Pelicans and sends 2 round draft pick to pelicans

The Pelicans Trade
Anthony Davis
The Knicks then sign Kyrie Irving and Kevin durant as the new big 3 of the league . Durant gets the max and Kyrie takes a small paycut . The Knicks now have
PG Kyrie Irving
SG Dennis Smith JR
SF Kevin Durant /Kevin Knox
PF Anthony Davis
C vet min

Pelicans have
Jrue Holiday
SG Etu Moore
SF Zion Williamson most likely
PF Julius Randle / Luke Kornet
C Mitchell Robinson

Memphis now has
Mike Conely
Avery Bradley / F. Ntilkina
Lance Thomas/ Mario Hezonja
PF Jaret Jackson
Center

A big home run deal for the Knicks and pelicans max out their AD value . Memphis gets out of Parsons deal and get promising young players out of it.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#253 » by VCfor3 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:27 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:Would Memphis ever be interested in deal like this ?

The trade of all draft trades . At draft night the Knicks have first pick . Three teams involved here lots of movement and roster hauling.
The Knicks Trade
Lance Thomas
Mario Henjoza
Frank Nitalina

Knicks trade Mitchell Robinson , Luke Kornet and 1# 2019 draft pick to the Pelicans..

Memphis trades

The Pelicans Trade
Anthony Davis
The Knicks then sign Kyrie Irving and Kevin durant as the new big 3 of the league . Durant gets the max and Kyrie takes a small paycut . The Knicks now have
PG Kyrie Irving
SG Dennis Smith JR
PF Anthony Davis
C vet min

Pelicans have
Jrue Holiday
SG Etu Moore
C Mitchell Robinson

Memphis now has
Mike Conely
PF Jaret Jackson
Center

A big home run deal for the Knicks and pelicans max out their AD value . Memphis gets out of Parsons deal and get promising young players out of it.

What picks are Memphis sending out? If it is two 1sts then it is a very easy no. If it is two 2nds then I guess that is fine but it'd be close since our 2nds should be good. Parsons is an expiring so riding him out is fine. Frank can't even get much playing time on the worst team in the league. Mario is a FA so can't be included anyway in the trade.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#254 » by NYG » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:50 pm

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#255 » by VCfor3 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:21 am

Seeing as you're a regular on the TnT board, just want to point out the fact that Memphis could have gotten a 1st, a 2nd, and complete cap space from Utah at the deadline (since filler was contracts that expire at the end of the season) and declined it. Whatever deal Conley actually gets moved for will likely be pretty similar I think. Maybe one 1st with some sort of protections and a mid to low tier young prospect/asset along with expiring salary/cap space. Just pointing this out since some people think the proposed Orlando trade where Memphis takes back bad/non-expiring salary for a well protected 1st is too good for Memphis.

I think Utah is likely the front runner. Protected 1st plus one of Exum, Allen, a very heavily protected future 1st, or a 2nd with Utah taking Conley into cap space (I believe there is room if Favors is waived). Memphis (if smart) then operates as an over the cap team in order to keep that massive exception and can do a bad contract+asset type deals moving forward.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#256 » by dark-child » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:31 pm

VCfor3 wrote:

Seeing as you're a regular on the TnT board, just want to point out the fact that Memphis could have gotten a 1st, a 2nd, and complete cap space from Utah at the deadline (since filler was contracts that expire at the end of the season) and declined it. Whatever deal Conley actually gets moved for will likely be pretty similar I think. Maybe one 1st with some sort of protections and a mid to low tier young prospect/asset along with expiring salary/cap space. Just pointing this out since some people think the proposed Orlando trade where Memphis takes back bad/non-expiring salary for a well protected 1st is too good for Memphis.

I think Utah is likely the front runner. Protected 1st plus one of Exum, Allen, a very heavily protected future 1st, or a 2nd with Utah taking Conley into cap space (I believe there is room if Favors is waived). Memphis (if smart) then operates as an over the cap team in order to keep that massive exception and can do a bad contract+asset type deals moving forward.

I was in total agreement until the last sentence. There is NO WAY that the current ownership/front office does that and misses out on their share of the largest tax payout in NBA history, as these dollars keep them out of the red with the operating costs.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#257 » by VCfor3 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:36 pm

dark-child wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

I was in total agreement until the last sentence. There is NO WAY that the current ownership/front office does that and misses out on their share of the largest tax payout in NBA history, as these dollars keep them out of the red with the operating costs.

I'm pretty sure that they still get the payout as long as they aren't into the luxury tax which they won't be. Exceptions themselves can't put your team into the luxury tax so as long as whatever players Memphis takes in with that exception don't put the team in the tax it is fine.
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#258 » by FreshyFlames » Thu May 16, 2019 6:43 pm

Can you guys take all the JV fans we traded you? They still seem to be lurking our board posing as Raptor fans. You guys could use the activity too and the JV fans are some of the most active.
Raps in 6ix
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#259 » by SD2042 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:51 pm

FreshyFlames wrote:Can you guys take all the JV fans we traded you? They still seem to be lurking our board posing as Raptor fans. You guys could use the activity too and the JV are some of the most active.

LOL!

Maybe somewhere within their subconcious, they are Raptors fans as well .Hence they won't leave the Raps board. This is starting to sound similar to the Linsanity fans when they could not leave the Charlotte board a couple of years ago when the Hornets traded Lin to Brooklyn I think.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#260 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:46 am

Ballerhogger wrote:Would Memphis ever be interested in deal like this ?

The Knicks Trade
Lance Thomas
Mario Henjoza
Frank Nitalina

Memphis trades

The Pelicans Trade
Anthony Davis
PG Kyrie Irving
SG Dennis Smith JR
PF Anthony Davis
C vet min

Pelicans have
Jrue Holiday
SG Etu Moore
C Mitchell Robinson

Memphis now has
Mike Conely
PF Jaret Jackson
Center

oh what could of been

Return to Memphis Grizzlies