ImageImage

Nurk & CJ injury thread. Update: Nurk - compound tibia & fibula fracture.

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,827

Nurk & CJ injury thread. Update: Nurk - compound tibia & fibula fracture. 

Post#1 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:13 am

Obviously Nurk's is the major one, so I'm just going to make a thread for us to sticky for the next month to keep aware of immediate updates and discussion. If you insist on posting a video to injury, please do not make it so other people are forced to watch it. Please do not post pictures of the injury where people can see them directly, just do a link if you also insist on sharing it.

Also feel free to use all your screaming, raging, crying, etc reaction gifs. This is pretty brutal any way you put it.
sunevisions
Pro Prospect
And1: 107

Re: Nurk & CJ injury thread. 

Post#2 » by sunevisions » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:24 am

Too bad for Nurk.

Hope he can get well soon and recover like PG.

from Jazz Fans
The Sebastian Express

Post#3 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:26 am

I also want to thank all the fans of other teams coming over to send well wishes. It's appreciated.

Please post any updates from twitter on here, I'll be scouring the feeds all night since I'm up.
KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#4 » by KDBG » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:30 am

One of the best fanbases in the league doesn't deserve all these devastating injuries throughout the years.
The Sebastian Express

Post#5 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:30 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Nurk's in the hospital, which isn't going to be a surprise to anyone.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#6 » by Moonbeam » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:34 am

Your words keeping echoing in my mind, TSE, about not wanting to push so hard for wins with CJ out, and wanting to be healthy and reasonably rested for the playoffs.

I had a larger-than-usual dread about the game going to OT and then to double OT. I'm by no means clairvoyant or anything like that, but it was weird.

Now I'm just wishing I could rewind time so that Seth makes both (or misses both) FTs at the end of regulation, or doesn't make that steal, or the Blazers run a better play at the end of OT, or Nurk wasn't subbed out on the last Nets possession of OT, or...

I love this game and this team so much, and I feel like I've had the wind knocked out of me. I can't imagine how the Blazers themselves, and especially Nurk, are feeling.
The Sebastian Express

Post#7 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:53 am

Read on Twitter
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 875

Post#8 » by red_power » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:55 am

Shut CJ down for the season.

This team is f*cked once again.
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,326

Post#9 » by Wizenheimer » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:14 am

at this point, I don't really care about the rest of the season and the playoffs.

I'm just hoping Nurkic can get back to where he was, even though it will probably take a year or two. He has some real rough weeks and months ahead...real rough
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,326

Post#10 » by Worst_to_First » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:22 am

Praying for Nurk hope he recovers both quickly and fully from this.
The Sebastian Express

Post#11 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:22 am

Read on Twitter

I think it's important to show these tweets to so we can understand how the other players are feeling and just the effect it'll have on the team.
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#12 » by GreenRiddler » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:25 am

Lillard era is over. Nurk won't be back fully back to his old groove till maybe early 2021.

Unless Collins makes big strides or we get another gift from trades. This franchise era is done.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#13 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:37 am

:prayers:
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#14 » by EGame » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:07 am

I hate our luck. Hope for sucessful recoveries to both nurk and cj. wonderful players, teammates and human beings.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#15 » by Village Idiot » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:12 am

I feel so bad for Nurk. :(

It seems like we're going to have to make do with what we have in terms of roster for the remainder of this season.

DISABLED PLAYER EXCEPTION -- This exception allows a team which is over the cap to replace a disabled player who will be out for the remainder of that season (it can also be granted in the event of a player's death). This exception is granted by the league, based on an application from the team and a determination by an NBA-designated physician or Fitness to Play panel (see question number 62) that the player is substantially more likely than not to be unable to play through the following June 15.

If this exception is granted, the team can acquire one player via free agent signing, trade or waiver claim, to replace the disabled player:

The team may sign a free agent for one season only, for 50% of the disabled player's salary or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, whichever is less.
The team may trade for a player in the last season of his contract only (including any option years)2, who is making no more than 50% plus $100,000 of the disabled player's salary, or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception plus $100,000, whichever is less.
The team may claim a player on waivers who is in the last season of his contract only (including any option years), who is making no more than 50% of the disabled player's salary, or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, whichever is less.
Teams can apply for this exception from July 1 through January 15, and cannot apply after January 15. Once granted, the exception expires when a player is acquired, when the disabled player is traded or returns to the team, or on March 10 of that season, whichever comes first. This exception is granted on a season-by-season basis -- if the player will also be out the following season, the team needs to apply for this exception again the following season.
So we should be able to get an exception to sign or trade for a replacement for up to $6 million but can't use it until July 1st. Dwight Howard fits under this level, as an example of a player who might fit and will be on an ending deal.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
The Sebastian Express

Post#16 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:18 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Re: Nurk & CJ injury thread. Update: Nurk - compound tibia & fibula fracture. 

Post#17 » by Dame Lizard » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:44 am

Absolutely horrible news. I didn't see the injury but all accounts are that it was Paul George / Hayward bad.

I really hope for Nurk's case that his ligaments haven't been severely injured as well.

Absolutely gutted for him.
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#18 » by Nightfall » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:38 am

I saw the injury (and I wish I could "un-see" it :( ). Devastating describes it perfectly.
Hope he recovers as soon as humanly possible and fully after this. Good luck guys.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#19 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:41 am

I thought Oden and Przybilla's injuries were bad, but they dont touch this. I got no clue what's involved in this rehab, but Nurk is young, strong, and has. Great organization and community cheering him on. It's very nice to see the entire NBA community reach out with prayers and get-well wishes.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 875

Post#20 » by red_power » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:49 am

Anyway Nurkic has already fractured his leg once in 2017 although that was a different leg and fracture wasn't THIS bad.

But dude definitely need to do a lot of work on his strength and conditioning if he wants to stay in NBA for long time.
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020

Return to Portland Trail Blazers