ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Context
RealGM
And1: 11,449

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1381 » by Context » Tue Apr 2, 2019 8:07 pm

NYKAL wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Context wrote: :lol:
no beef Greenie but I can guarantee you this aint your department...respectfully... 8-)

And I can guarantee you don’t know me.

Common sense is needed right about now. This had nothing to do with that damn fake ass scammer doctor. It was some personal street ****. Dude walked up on Nip, shot him, walked away...came back, shot him again and kicked him in the head before running away.

How much more clear do you want it?

Don’t answer. It’s rhetorical.

gotta roll with Greenie on this. I spent 8months up north and I've know personal shyt when I see it.

all im saying is we cant dismiss anything at this point...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#1382 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Apr 2, 2019 8:08 pm

RIP nip. brother was turning it around and putting his money where his mouth is.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Context
RealGM

Post#1383 » by Context » Tue Apr 2, 2019 9:14 pm

and for those of you that think Dr Sebi is a quake- I'll give you this lead- not going to debate- believe whatever you want to believe:
Spoiler:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,436

Post#1384 » by j4remi » Tue Apr 2, 2019 9:54 pm

Phonte's still a genius...Dr. Sebi was a quack.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1385 » by Greenie » Tue Apr 2, 2019 11:05 pm

Doctor? That’s an insult to actual doctors.
Context
RealGM

Post#1386 » by Context » Tue Apr 2, 2019 11:26 pm

Greenie wrote:Doctor? That’s an insult to actual doctors.

You mean the "doctors" that amputated my grandmothers leg- and when the other one was going- I put her (at 83 years old) on a fast and reversed her other leg that was turning black with the application of a simple fast (well it wasn't simple she did it for 87 days but it got the job done) - saving her leg- only to leave your "doctors" dumb founded telling me i should go to med school...
You mean those doctors?

I challenge anyone here to try a fast for 10 days and then go back and eat whatever food you normally eat and then talk to me... f speculation- see for yourself...
Spoiler:
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,079

Post#1387 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 2, 2019 11:37 pm

Believing in these crackpot conspiracies lets actual deranged/sick/evil people get off because of lack of accountability. This dude was in his feelings, felt like his manhood was being challenged being called a snitch in his own hood, and decided to take it into his own hands because he felt some type of way. It wasn't no damn government or Illuminati ****, please stop perpetuating that. It's bad enough we got climate change deniers and flat-earthers walking around. It's like internet detectives making 15 minute YouTube videos showing why YNW Melly was innocent because they liked some songs of his instead of just looking at the police report which clearly showed he set up and killed his friends. People always want to make huge logical leaps in pretty straight forward situations.

It also does a disservice to people like Fred Hampton, or hell, god forbid Assata Shakur turns up dead somewhere under mysterious circumstances. That would lend credence to why the government/police/etc want certain figures dead.

Nobody is being sent to kill Nip because he's doing good for his community. Nobody is being sent to kill Nip because of Dr. Sebi. Whether you agree with it or not, Sebi's stuff has been out there. Plus killing somebody that is trying to shine light on a subject is only going to make that project more illuminated/researched/studied/looked up. It wasn't like Nip had the elixir for eternal life in his back pocket.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,079

Post#1388 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 2, 2019 11:41 pm

Now, a conspiracy I would listen more closely to is why Nip didn't have anyone around him that was going to send shots back straight away. Maybe he was set up, or maybe everybody was truly caught off guard/not equipped to be in a shootout at the drop of a hat because the last thing they expected was for something to break out in front of his own store.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#1389 » by Greenie » Tue Apr 2, 2019 11:42 pm

Context wrote:

You mean the "doctors" that amputated my grandmothers leg- and when the other one was going- I put her (at 83 years old) on a fast and reversed her other leg that was turning black with the application of a simple fast (well it wasn't simple she did it for 87 days but it got the job done) - saving here leg- only to leave your "doctors" dumb founded telling me i should go to med school...
You mean those doctors?

I challenge anyone here to try a fast for 10 days and then go back and eat whatever food you normally eat and then talk to me... f speculation- see for yourself...

Sorry about your grandmother. I hope you sued for malpractice.

That has nothing to do with with what I said though. Any dude out here telling black women they’re not supposed to have a monthly period will be automatically dismissed and loses all credibility.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,396
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1390 » by E-Balla » Wed Apr 3, 2019 12:51 pm

Greenie wrote:
Context wrote:

You mean the "doctors" that amputated my grandmothers leg- and when the other one was going- I put her (at 83 years old) on a fast and reversed her other leg that was turning black with the application of a simple fast (well it wasn't simple she did it for 87 days but it got the job done) - saving here leg- only to leave your "doctors" dumb founded telling me i should go to med school...
You mean those doctors?

Sorry about your grandmother. I hope you sued for malpractice.

That has nothing to do with with what I said though. Any dude out here telling black women they’re not supposed to have a monthly period will be automatically dismissed and loses all credibility.

Exactly, plus he's acting like it's not well known doctors give **** treatment to black women. There's a reason Serena almost died during childbirth. None of that changes the fact that a man that thought diseases all came from mucus isn't a **** doctor. I mean how do you cure something without knowing what the hell a virus is?
Greenie
RealGM

Post#1391 » by Greenie » Thu Apr 4, 2019 1:07 am

Just to bring this back to music. I actually listened to Nipsey a little. He was definitely in my car rotation. He put me on to Dom Kennedy and Buddy...and I mess with Buddy HARD

First song I heard of his

I messed with that tape HARD.

I have Victory Lap but never got around to listening to it. Sad about it.
21 Hussle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,628

Post#1392 » by 21 Hussle » Thu Apr 4, 2019 1:23 am

Every time I see a story bout Nip on twitter I feel like crying real talk. He was special man
:meditate: Patience :meditate:
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#1393 » by DowNY » Fri Apr 5, 2019 2:38 am

Greenie wrote:Just to bring this back to music. I actually listened to Nipsey a little. He was definitely in my car rotation. He put me on to Dom Kennedy and Buddy...and I mess with Buddy HARD

First song I heard of his

I messed with that tape HARD.

I have Victory Lap but never got around to listening to it. Sad about it.

“Checc me out”was in my car heavy some years ago. Dom another legend. Buddy on his way.
DowNY
RealGM

Post#1394 » by DowNY » Fri Apr 5, 2019 2:44 am

Y’all going back and forth on conspiracies and info that’s been put out. Why can’t both be the case? It’s like religion vs. science. Why can’t both be the case? I’ve always questioned things like this. People tend to choose 1 side or the other. I don’t really get it. I believe in energy and law of attraction. Is it far fetched to say the Dr. Sebi thing was energy infused and the shooting from the gang member, though a coincidence, was predetermined once the documentary was in process?

Just food for thought.
Everybody think they got the answers and life is so easily realized when “evidence” is presented. Not all conspiracies are true and have substance, but not all are false. Not all truths are legit but there’s truths that’s are. Sad reality, people die. Some will learn and change from other’s deaths, some will remain the same.
DowNY
RealGM

Post#1395 » by DowNY » Fri Apr 5, 2019 2:45 am

Classic. Fresh in college.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,396
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1396 » by E-Balla » Fri Apr 5, 2019 4:15 pm

Nah no amount of vague BS will make your Sebi crap true at all.

This is like when Kyrie started copping pleas talking about how he just wanted to ask questions when he said the earth was flat. Your theory was stupid, your insistence on sticking to it is stupid, and Dr. Sebi is a quack.

As long as we're still posting his music Buddy and Nipsey got too many hits to count. Y'all know I'm Pharrell everything so when Buddy first came out I was on him heavy and I knew of Nipsey from like 08 but never really listened to him heavy until (thanks to Buddy) I heard Status Symbol and with it the rest of Mailbox Money (which gotta be his best tape - like I said I was listening to Overtime the morning before he died).

Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#1397 » by Phish Tank » Fri Apr 5, 2019 5:58 pm

i rewatched the NIpsey documentary about opening up the Marathon store. It's actually supposed to be one of those new age type of stores where you use your phone to help you buy whatever you're looking for... a "smart store" per se.

Nipsey & his brother Blacc Sam were trying to be ahead of the game with this store. Just like many young clothing brands (I'll even add Yeezys to it), their issue was trying to fulfill online orders. Some of that was demand and others was just inexperience and mismanagement. Also didn't help that Blacc Sam got caught up in some cases the last year or so which doesn't help.

I'm wondering if the Puma/Roc partnership was beyond just clothing and music. My guess it was done to help refine and build the infrastructure to make the store into a full-functioning operation. That's my guess....

But Nipsey was clearly about the community. He'd walk around with no security and just hang with the people. That was the craziest thing. Nipsey hired felons to work in the store. That was an awesome thing. At the same time, rivals/haters knew that the felons weren't armed so it was a target point. Ideally we wish we could say that Nipsey should have had better security around him, but that's not who he was as a human.

I hope the store can run and be successful going forward. Hopefully Blacc Sam and the crew can keep it up and running. I also hope that they can realize their original dream which was to tear down the plaza to build a mixed use residential/commercial complex with the store acting as the main tenant. They bought the land so I think that would be awesome to continue the dream. Obviously, they'll need to better secure the location going forward, but that's to be expected.

Nipsey's legacy will continue.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,436

Post#1398 » by j4remi » Fri Apr 5, 2019 6:58 pm

Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,612

Post#1399 » by DimesandKnicks » Sat Apr 6, 2019 2:18 am

Why is Chris Darden representing Eric Holder? Why did Eric Holder plead not guilty? Why does a murderer with priors get $5milliin bail? You mean to tell me if he could come up with 500,000 he can come home? **** is freaking strange bro
Greenie
RealGM

Post#1400 » by Greenie » Sat Apr 6, 2019 5:59 pm

DimesandKnicks wrote:Why is Chris Darden representing Eric Holder? Why did Eric Holder plead not guilty? Why does a murderer with priors get $5milliin bail? You mean to tell me if he could come up with 500,000 he can come home? **** is freaking strange bro

He has the right to an attorney. His attorney did his job and got him bail.

What’s the issue?

Return to New York Knicks