Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,617

Re: Personal Big Board thread 

Post#41 » by eminence » Wed Apr 3, 2019 2:39 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Coeur wrote:Talen Horton-Tucker has to go onto my board. I just can’t figure out if I want to put him at 5 or 35. Tough prospect to figure out.

This is going to sound like a weird comparison, but in the way his game translates he reminds me of a smaller Jaylen Brown. And by that I mean they’re both good defenders, have similar shooting numbers and they both get to the line. They also both flash high IQ moves. Horton-Tucker isn’t as athletic, but I think his game will open up with more space. I think his shot will be similar to Brown’s when he has more open shots.

He's not smaller than Jaylen though?
I bought a boat.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#42 » by doordoor123 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 2:49 pm

eminence wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
Coeur wrote:Talen Horton-Tucker has to go onto my board. I just can’t figure out if I want to put him at 5 or 35. Tough prospect to figure out.

This is going to sound like a weird comparison, but in the way his game translates he reminds me of a smaller Jaylen Brown. And by that I mean they’re both good defenders, have similar shooting numbers and they both get to the line. They also both flash high IQ moves. Horton-Tucker isn’t as athletic, but I think his game will open up with more space. I think his shot will be similar to Brown’s when he has more open shots.

Jaylen Brown is 6’7, Horton-Tucker is 6’4....
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,617

Post#43 » by eminence » Wed Apr 3, 2019 3:12 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
eminence wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

They have similar length and THT is notably heavier. He ain't smaller than Brown.
I bought a boat.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#44 » by doordoor123 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 3:16 pm

eminence wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
eminence wrote:

They have similar length and THT is notably heavier. He ain't smaller than Brown.

Height is a much bigger deal than length and strength, but length and strength can lessen the impact of playing against someone with height. Literally everyone in the NBA is looking for 6’7 guards, 6’4 guards can be functional, but that height makes a difference on both sides of the ball.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#45 » by No-Man » Wed Apr 3, 2019 3:21 pm

I am not ranking guys that I know I don't want to draft, it's pretty simple
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,128

Post#46 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:06 pm

Fischella wrote:I am not ranking guys that I know I don't want to draft, it's pretty simple

i mean I get what you're trying to do, but it seems like more of a draft strategy than a big board, and it makes u dis-include guys like Garland, Ja, Bol and Hunter.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#47 » by Coeur » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:45 pm

Fischella wrote:I am not ranking guys that I know I don't want to draft, it's pretty simple

I get what you’re saying but you aren’t drafting any of them. Seems like you’re just copping out of making any kind of bold statements based off of how you think they’ll turn out.

I’m pretty sure everyone else that put a list down listed how they think the guys rank out. But for their own likes or own team of course there’s guys they would and wouldn’t want.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by Coeur » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:58 pm

I don’t like the brown comp. very unique body for the nba draft. A lot more guys that size get drafted at linebacker in the nfl draft.

It’s almost like he plays an old man game. Andre Miller with 2 more inches and 25 more pounds without andres pg game. Just as a scorer
clyde21
RealGM

Post#49 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 5:00 pm

THT is definitely not just a scorer
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by doordoor123 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 5:13 pm

Coeur wrote:I don’t like the brown comp. very unique body for the nba draft. A lot more guys that size get drafted at linebacker in the nfl draft.

It’s almost like he plays an old man game. Andre Miller with 2 more inches and 25 more pounds without andres pg game. Just as a scorer

I mean in the way that he plays, his game. Not his body. The way he plays is very similar and his ability to translate is probably the same.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#51 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 5:23 pm

THT is a slightly bigger Donovan Mitchell without the vertical
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,396
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#52 » by E-Balla » Wed Apr 3, 2019 6:22 pm

1. Zion

2. Ja

3. Bol Bol

4. Garland

5. Barrett

6. Hunter

7. Culver

8. Nas

9. Clarke

10. Doesn't matter these are the only lotto level players, everyone else is decent at best

61. Cam
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#53 » by LloydFree » Wed Apr 3, 2019 7:12 pm

1. Williamson
2. Morant
3. Culver
4. Bol Bol
5. Reddish
6. Barrett
7. Garland
8. Fernando
9. Doumbouya
10. Little
11. Langford
12 Hunter
13. Z Norvelle
14. PJ Washington
15. Horton-Tucker

I don't think their is another player available that I'd say could project to being any more than an NBA reserve.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#54 » by Coeur » Wed Apr 3, 2019 7:25 pm

LloydFree wrote:1. Williamson
2. Morant
3. Culver
4. Bol Bol
5. Reddish
6. Barrett
7. Garland
8. Fernando
9. Doumbouya
10. Little
11. Langford
12 Hunter
13. Z Norvelle
14. PJ Washington
15. Horton-Tucker

I don't think their is another player available that I'd say could project to being any more than an NBA reserve.

I see a theme of solid nba physical presence. So obviously wonder about your exclusion of Rui and Brandon Clarke. KZ Okpala, Louis the King and Dort.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#55 » by LloydFree » Wed Apr 3, 2019 7:36 pm

Coeur wrote:
LloydFree wrote:1. Williamson
2. Morant
3. Culver
4. Bol Bol
5. Reddish
6. Barrett
7. Garland
8. Fernando
9. Doumbouya
10. Little
11. Langford
12 Hunter
13. Z Norvelle
14. PJ Washington
15. Horton-Tucker

I see a theme of solid nba physical presence. So obviously wonder about your exclusion of Rui and Brandon Clarke. KZ Okpala, Louis the King and Dort.

Rui is an undersized PF that won't protect the basket, doesn't stretch the floor and likely won't be able to switch on the perimeter. He's a reserve. Clarke is a project. Okpala is 2 years away from being two years away.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,091

Post#56 » by Funcrusher » Wed Apr 3, 2019 8:06 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Coeur wrote:I don’t like the brown comp. very unique body for the nba draft. A lot more guys that size get drafted at linebacker in the nfl draft.

I mean in the way that he plays, his game. Not his body. The way he plays is very similar and his ability to translate is probably the same.

THT plays pretty much nothing like Brown. He's a wing Mitchell with less hops.
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,091

Post#57 » by Funcrusher » Wed Apr 3, 2019 8:09 pm

E-Balla wrote:1. Zion

2. Ja

3. Bol Bol

4. Garland

5. Barrett

6. Hunter

7. Culver

8. Nas

9. Clarke

10. Doesn't matter these are the only lotto level players, everyone else is decent at best

61. Cam

:lol: i know Cam's kinda ass but not at that level
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#58 » by LloydFree » Wed Apr 3, 2019 9:12 pm

clyde21 wrote:u have Herro even higher than me now?

top 20 so far.

1. Zion Williamson, PF, Duke
2. R.J. Barrett, SG, Duke
3. Ja Morant, PG, Murray St.
4. Bol Bol, C, Oregon
5. De'Andre Hunter, SF, Virginia
6. Jarrett Culver, SG/SF, Texas Tech
7. Darius Garland, PG, Vanderbilt
8. Coby White, PG, North Carolina
9. Jaxson Hayes, C, Texas
10. Sekou Doumbouya, PF, Limoges
11. Kevin Porter Jr., SG, USC
12. Brandon Clarke, PF, Gonzaga
13. Talen Horton-Tucker, SG/SF, Iowa St.
14. Tyler Herro, SG, Kentucky
15. Cameron Reddish, SF, Duke
16. Romeo Langford, SG, Indiana
17. Mfiondu Kabengele, PF/C, Florida St.
18. Killian Tillie, SF/PF, Gonzaga
19. PJ Washington, PF, Kentucky
20. Grant Williams, PF, Tennessee

really wanted to fit Nas Little in there somewhere but just couldn't put anyone else under him.

also Jontay would've for sure been in there if didn't re-injure himself.

You can easily fit little in. Grant Williams isn't an NBA player, neither is Tillie.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by doordoor123 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 10:13 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

THT plays pretty much nothing like Brown. He's a wing Mitchell with less hops.

A slasher who can cut, create a little space off the dribble, draw fouls and take spot up threes. The only difference between Mitchell, Brown and THT in the way they play is that Mitchell can operate the P&R. Mitchell also gets way more touches.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#60 » by Roddy B for 3 » Fri Apr 5, 2019 9:06 am

Zion
RJ(scarcity of SG's)
Morant
Culver
Romeo Langford
Keldon Johnson
Reddish