ImageImageImageImageImage

Lumber Joe, Joey Moses, Beef Jerky Joe - The Official Joe Harris Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Re: Lumber Joe, Joey Moses, Beef Jerky Joe - The Official Joe Harris Thread 

Post#641 » by DarkXaero » Tue Apr 9, 2019 3:19 am

NyCeEvO wrote:I wish we had Joe on a 3-4yr deal instead of this 2yr deal. I think I may have mentioned this when we re-signed him. He was already really good last year and became elite this year.

We’re going to have to compete with other teams for his services in the 2020 offseason. I’d like to think Harris would give us another discount but considering his age, his next contract could be the largest of his career.

Hopefully we’ll be good enough where he’ll feel he can win with us just as much as he can win on another team. Tsai/Prokhorov better open up the bank vault. If he keeps this up, he’ll be worth $13-15mil/year on a long term deal and would easily deserve Reddick’s 1yr/$20mil contracts.
I'm not worried, Joe already did us a huge favor last offseason by committing to us early last offseason, and doing so for cheap. And I think it's safe to say that Joe Harris is different from most NBA players in the sense that he is a humble, loyal, hard working guy who genuinely appreciates the chance given to him by this organization. If we want him here after next season (and its a no brainer), we'll retain him. The only question is how much.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#642 » by SpeedyG » Tue Apr 9, 2019 10:58 am

Joe gonna bring his mid range game up next season to further open his game and this "how much should we pay him" becomes a moot point

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#643 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:48 pm

SpeedyG wrote:Joe gonna bring his mid range game up next season to further open his game and this "how much should we pay him" becomes a moot point

I’m not arguing about how much he should be paid. I don’t care about the amount.

I’m simply worried that someone will pay just as much, if not more for him because he’s that good.

Joe, is almost like ATL Kyle Korver in that he’s a mini-offense unto himself considering how reliable he is from 3.

If he plays next to two dominant stars, I can easily see him filling a #3 option role on a championship-level squad.

And be constant back breaker against teams who can’t afford to double off two players.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#644 » by SpeedyG » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:50 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:Joe gonna bring his mid range game up next season to further open his game and this "how much should we pay him" becomes a moot point

I’m not arguing about how much he should be paid. I don’t care about the amount.

I’m simply worried that someone will pay just as much, if not more for him because he’s that good.

Joe, is almost like ATL Kyle Korver in that he’s a mini-offense unto himself considering how reliable he is from 3.

If he plays next to two dominant stars, I can easily see him filling a #3 option role on a championship-level squad.

And be constant back breaker against teams who can’t afford to double off two players.
And I'm telling you to not worry about it. He's going to develop more next season that we will be paying him, and he wouldn't go anywhere else

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,828

Post#645 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:34 am

We own Joe's birdrights. He's going nowhere.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#646 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 9, 2019 7:48 pm

Joe Harris vs Jarrett Allen - Team USA scrimmage tonight at 10PM on NBA TV.

Read on Twitter

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#647 » by Prokorov » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:30 am

NyCeEvO wrote:

he is our best player after durant and kyrie... or at least our most important. you pay him whatever it takes. 10% more then other teams offer if it comes to it.

he wants to be here. i think he would give us the chance to match any team and probably even take less to stay
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#648 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:01 am

Prokorov wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:

he is our best player after durant and kyrie... or at least our most important. you pay him whatever it takes. 10% more then other teams offer if it comes to it.

he wants to be here. i think he would give us the chance to match any team and probably even take less to stay

Spare no expense. We are in win now mode. Harris is an elite shooter and will be a flame thrower when we have the complete squad together next year.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Lumber Joe, Joey Moses, Beef Jerky Joe - The Official Joe Harris Thread 

Post#649 » by Paradise » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:45 pm

Joey Buckets has been selected to the Team USA Finalist team.

Read on Twitter
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#650 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:35 pm

I very proud of Joe Harris, he is making an argument against all odds to not only make the USA team, but to be an important contributor. His floor spacing and footwork should work well in the international game. GO JOEY BUCKETS!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#651 » by Prokorov » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:18 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:I very proud of Joe Harris, he is making an argument against all odds to not only make the USA team, but to be an important contributor. His floor spacing and footwork should work well in the international game. GO JOEY BUCKETS!

fans of other teams will learn what he is about

maybe then we wont get threads on the GB saying RHJ and napier were more important to this team last year :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#652 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:02 am

Prokorov wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:I very proud of Joe Harris, he is making an argument against all odds to not only make the USA team, but to be an important contributor. His floor spacing and footwork should work well in the international game. GO JOEY BUCKETS!

maybe then we wont get threads on the GB saying RHJ and napier were more important to this team last year :lol:

**** ing idiots man :lol:

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#653 » by gigantes » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:43 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Maybe just typical fans being out of touch with what's currently happening with a team. Like, most fans seeming to think that the DLo of last season was the exact same guy from the Lakers.

These guys are probably remembering the RHJ from two seasons ago, when he looked like an important part of the Nets future.

Still... Napier...? oO
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#654 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:42 pm

gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Maybe just typical fans being out of touch with what's currently happening with a team. Like, most fans seeming to think that the DLo of last season was the exact same guy from the Lakers.

These guys are probably remembering the RHJ from two seasons ago, when he looked like an important part of the Nets future.

Still... Napier...? oO

Haha...one dude made an entire thread about how RHJ, Dudley, Napier, and Traveon Graham being gone means that the Nets will regress this season.

ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#655 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:20 pm

^
I'm a deep stats fan, but that sounds like a misguided argument based on deep stats.

Some veteran players can excel in a small role, but their advanced stats cannot be compared apples-for-apples against young starters. Some have mentioned that other than Caris, every player who had a positive on/off contribution last season is gone. Out of context, that sounds devastating. But we know that our system is designed to beat teams through depth and attrition, so our 2nd unit was able to shine against weaker benches.

Guys like Caris and Spencer will see less defensive attention with a stud like Kyrie on the squad, so they should be more efficient. Last year's starters Rodi and Jarrett may start again, but at least we can agree that they will see more action against opposing 2nd units than they did last season. This will again allow them to flourish and contribute more positively, not to mention their natural development.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#656 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:50 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:^
I'm a deep stats fan, but that sounds like a misguided argument based on deep stats.

Some veteran players can excel in a small role, but their advanced stats cannot be compared apples-for-apples against young starters. Some have mentioned that other than Caris, every player who had a positive on/off contribution last season is gone. Out of context, that sounds devastating. But we know that our system is designed to beat teams through depth and attrition, so our 2nd unit was able to shine against weaker benches.

Guys like Caris and Spencer will see less defensive attention with a stud like Kyrie on the squad, so they should be more efficient. Last year's starters Rodi and Jarrett may start again, but at least we can agree that they will see more action against opposing 2nd units than they did last season. This will again allow them to flourish and contribute more positively, not to mention their natural development.

That's exactly what that person tried to do, use on/off to make it look like the team's outgoing players were devastating losses, which with context is utterly ridiculous.

How could anyone watch the Nets last season and say that RHJ's impact was greater than Joe Harris'?

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,236

Post#657 » by Papi_swav » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Prokorov wrote:

lol u should see the T&T board, these guys are trying to trade him for end of the bench scrubs :lol:

Why the hell didn't we give this guy a 4 year deal :oops: :banghead:
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#658 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:19 pm

Papi_swav wrote:lol u should see the T&T board, these guys are trying to trade him for end of the bench scrubs :lol:

It's the same reason we gave Spencer two years, with a third-year player option. The player has to agree to the deal as much as the team.

We sacrificed long-term security of tying those guys up, in order to have additional cap space this summer. Sure, it would be nice to have both of those guys locked up through 2022, but the number it would have taken to convince them to sign for four years would have made signing Durant and Irving impossible.

Harris and Dinwiddie would not have taken four-year deals at their current salary numbers, and they know that if they play well they will have much richer contracts when they hit free agency next time.
-- Steve Martin
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,236

Post#659 » by Papi_swav » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:36 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:lol u should see the T&T board, these guys are trying to trade him for end of the bench scrubs :lol:

It's the same reason we gave Spencer two years, with a third-year player option. The player has to agree to the deal as much as the team.

We sacrificed long-term security of tying those guys up, in order to have additional cap space this summer. Sure, it would be nice to have both of those guys locked up through 2022, but the number it would have taken to convince them to sign for four years would have made signing Durant and Irving impossible.

Harris and Dinwiddie would not have taken four-year deals at their current salary numbers, and they know that if they play well they will have much richer contracts when they hit free agency next time.

No signing those guys to 4 year deals would not have hurt our cap this summer and we still could of signed Kyrie/KD if the salary is the same. At the time both guys signed, they were not as good as they are now and it wasn't a guarantee they were getting more in the open market, both those guys were D league guys and security wasn't guaranteed. I don't see why they wouldn't of agreed to 4 years. We couldn't have signed Din for more than what we gave him BTW because of some rule with the cap. I think Joe would of signed for 4 but I think it was the Nets that wanted to make sure he was more than just a 1 year wonder. I also think Nets look out for their players and actually want the players to get all their worth.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#660 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Yes of course, a 4-year deal at the same cap number would not have affected our capspace. I'm telling you that these players would not have agreed to a 4-year deal at the same cap number. Both players noted taking a discount to stay with Brooklyn, news articles mentioned this with their new deals. Around the league, they are viewed as "sweetheart deals". The players chose short-term deals in order to compromise with our front office, who wanted to preserve that capspace for this summer.

It would have taken at least $12mil/yr to secure Joe long-term, and at least $15mil/yr to retain Spencer.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets