ImageImageImage

OT: Champions League / Europa League

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,620

Re: OT: Champions League 

Post#101 » by jirrit » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:45 am

tombattor wrote:
jirrit wrote:
tombattor wrote:NOPE. They should cancel the rest of the CL since no good team is left.
This years Madrid barely makes top 10 worldwide man. If you lose against Ajax in two games you should just admit you dont deserve it.

I see you're basking in my misery. But you're right. This team is garbage. Vincius Junior is no CR7... yet

I'm rooting for Juve now.

Adding Zizou and next year i bet on Hazard and a striker replacing Benzema will change a lot. Vinicius is a heck of a talent too.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Re: OT: Champions League / Europa League 

Post#102 » by Gooner » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:22 am

Arsenal turned it around, that's what i was waiting for. So many turnarounds in these CL and EL games lately. Exciting times. Draw is today, it will be interesting.
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,674

Post#103 » by Romeiro Celtic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:11 am

Gooner wrote:Arsenal turned it around, that's what i was waiting for. So many turnarounds in these CL and EL games lately. Exciting times. Draw is today, it will be interesting.

Losing to Rennes in France was a disgrace, the team had to put their **** together and win it at home, it was their obligation. Arsenal has history, titles, great players on its past, what Rennes have done?
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#104 » by Gooner » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:14 am

Romeiro Celtic wrote:
Gooner wrote:Arsenal turned it around, that's what i was waiting for. So many turnarounds in these CL and EL games lately. Exciting times. Draw is today, it will be interesting.

Losing to Rennes in France was a disgrace, the team had to put their **** together and win it at home, it was their obligation. Arsenal has history, titles, great players on its past, what Rennes have done?

They had red card, and that disrupted them in first game. Still should have done better, but they redeemed themselves in second game. I think there is a real chance for a trophy, Emery has won it three times with Sevilla. They couldn't have gotten better coach in my opinion, perfect choice to be Wenger's successor.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#105 » by Gooner » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:28 am

Ajax-Juventus

Liverpool-Porto

Tottenham-City

Barcelona-Manchester United

Every pair has a clear favourite. Juventus has a great draw, because Ajax are inexperienced, and if they go through, they go against City or Spurs. Looks like Ronaldo has a great chance to play in another final. I would like to see Liverpool win though, it's time for an English champion.
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#106 » by Romeiro Celtic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:04 pm

Gooner wrote:Ajax-Juventus

Liverpool-Porto

Tottenham-City

Barcelona-Manchester United

Every pair has a clear favourite. Juventus has a great draw, because Ajax are inexperienced, and if they go through, they go against City or Spurs. Looks like Ronaldo has a great chance to play in another final. I would like to see Liverpool win though, it's time for an English champion.

Its very likely we'll see an english only final, I'd expect City x Liverpool, it wouldn't the perfect final considering how the race is going on the PL. But as a Juve fan, I'd love to see a Juve x Barça rematch with Ronaldo x Messi.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,018

Post#107 » by London2Boston » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:13 pm

Ronaldo v Messi Final is going to break the world.
tombattor
General Manager
And1: 807

Post#108 » by tombattor » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:47 pm

jirrit wrote:
tombattor wrote:
jirrit wrote:This years Madrid barely makes top 10 worldwide man. If you lose against Ajax in two games you should just admit you dont deserve it.

I see you're basking in my misery. But you're right. This team is garbage. Vincius Junior is no CR7... yet

Adding Zizou and next year i bet on Hazard and a striker replacing Benzema will change a lot. Vinicius is a heck of a talent too.

I don't want Hazard. Give me Mbappe!
jirrit
Lead Assistant

Post#109 » by jirrit » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:20 am

tombattor wrote:
jirrit wrote:
tombattor wrote:I see you're basking in my misery. But you're right. This team is garbage. Vincius Junior is no CR7... yet

I don't want Hazard. Give me Mbappe!

Would be better offcourse but ain't gonna happen
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,463

Post#110 » by KGtabake » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:04 am

OT in the OT :crazy: but check this
The Goat deserves a Goat commentary :lol:

Read on Twitter
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant

Post#111 » by KGtabake » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:02 pm

https://soccer.realgm.com/wiretap/7091/Head-Of-European-Genome-Archive-Claims-Messi-Could-Be-Cloned

The head of the European Genome Archive claimed that he could clone Messi with the help of modern science.

"We could get a player very similar to Messi. We would be able to clone him with current techniques and get something that would look like a twin. If would be as if two twins had been born and one of them would have been kept frozen in a time chamber. Then 20 or 30 years later we would return him to his correct time. If everything had went well, it would be the same," said Arcadi Navarro.

Navarro added that a clone wouldn't necessarily guarantee a superstar player.

"Genetics gives us a scope. This person could have the same potential as Messi but in the end, Messi's footballing qualities have two components. One is very clear and it is genetic and the other is educational, circumstantial and environmental. Messi is Messi and isn't who he is only because of genetics. He is a product of his environment, of growing up in La Masia, of the hormonal treatment he received...What genetics does is to give a potential, as was the case with Messi but whether that is fulfilled or not comes down to the circumstances and what happens around us," he added.

Spoiler:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by Romeiro Celtic » Tue Apr 9, 2019 8:35 pm

Tottenham is doing really good tonight, but awful injury on Harry Kane...
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#113 » by Romeiro Celtic » Tue Apr 9, 2019 10:20 pm

I hope Tottenham do advance to the semi finals to probably face Juve :D
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#114 » by Gooner » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:02 am

City struggles again, i'm not surprised by it at all. They couls still win this, especially with Kane's injury. But they are in trouble, and Spurs can punish them the same way Liverpool did last year.
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#115 » by Romeiro Celtic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:26 pm

This own goal will definitely hurt United...
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#116 » by Romeiro Celtic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:28 pm

Juve defense is looking completly out of place, Chiellini absence is making them pay.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant

Post#117 » by KGtabake » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:24 pm

Liverpool - Barcelona
Manchester City - Juventus

And everybody want a Messi vs Ronaldo Final. It will be fixed.
jirrit
Lead Assistant

Post#118 » by jirrit » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:05 pm

There you go Cristi
Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#119 » by Iguodaladon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:09 pm

Juventus were awful tonight, need a backup striker and creative midfielder over the summer. We looked like the inexperienced team against Ajax's horde of kids
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#120 » by Romeiro Celtic » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:15 pm

Completly heartbreaking loss for me today. I thought Allegri would be a coward and would choke, but not the way he was today with a bad line-up and bad system against Ajax. The team was completly dominated on both sides and everywhere. Chiellini and Mandzukic absences were definitely missed. I wish all the luck for Ajax, they deserve to be where they be and I wish they go even higher.

Return to Boston Celtics