Dillashaw gives up 135lb belt, suspended by NYSAC....

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Dillashaw gives up 135lb belt, suspended by NYSAC.... 

Post#21 » by REDDzone » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:36 am

Read on Twitter
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#22 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:18 am

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Cody No Lobe definitely implicated them all w/ that "he taught us how to do it" line. And he knew about the EPO. It also sounds like Uriah had told Assuncao that TJ was dirty.

So, whether they were partaking or not, they were making money off of him and letting him eff up their training partners in sparring. It''s hard to feel like Cody got done dirty in those two fights.

Hm well "they" = Uriah only. Nobody else makes money off TAM.

Well, everyone in TJ's corner does. Castillo, Bucholz, and Bang - IIRC.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,480

Post#23 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:18 am

Cody specifically called him out on EPOs a year ago. I think it's pretty obvious that Cody was speaking the truth when he said TJ was doing it all the way back then.

Couldn't be happier, TJ is low-key in the running for biggest d bag in the sport. Love seeing this go down.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#24 » by Headliner » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:34 am

What a cheat.
But it also shows how weak USADA is when they have a former teammate of a guy publicly call him out for a drug and they don't test him for it until 2-3 fights later.

TJ is done now. he'll be off for twos and he's going to be busty middle aged woman when all is said and done and he's off all the PEDS. But seriously, he'll be 35 when he's off suspension and in a division built on quickness. The heavier divisions have longer longevity, the lower the weight though the less longevity, you need to be Sonic the hedgehog in the 125-135 divisions specifically.

Sucks for Cody, I'm not a fan, but getting two career changing KOs via known juice head must be heartbreaking for him personally.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#25 » by REDDzone » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Two further thoughts on this:

1) Good for TJ for just taking his medicine on this one. I don't think he's made a statement yet but his coaches are totally copping to it, and he isn't appealing or any other nonsense. So sounds like there won't be any excuses.

2) That said, Novitsky pretty much came out and flat out said this is EPO lol there is no tainted supplement, you pretty much had to straight up inject this into your body. So not sure if he just figures it's a losing battle, or if he's going the Gilbert Melendez/Brian Ortega route and just copping to it. Honestly that's always the way that guys leave it in the rearview the quickest IMO.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#26 » by REDDzone » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:25 pm

Response from TJ's coach (an intellectual):
It is with a heavy heart that I, Coach Cal, the owner, founder, and purveyor of The reigning Lab, have recently seen the defeat of one of our family members in recent months. This defeat is not due to the skills and combat savvy of an opponent of flesh, but rather a defeat at the perilous hands of a far more sinister foe; the demon of self doubt which haunts each and everyone of us at one time or another in our lives.

As a man of few words, preferring passion and belief as a shield to be carried out upon, I am bemused to careless and reckless dialog for no other purpose than to make myself head among the masses plagued by willful ignorance. However, there is an appropriate, and even required time for the head of a family to speak out. And, this is such a time.

The Treigning Lab in no way condones or encourages our family of athletes, worldwide, to partake in the perilous downward spiraling helix of synthetic performance enhancement. To do so is not only harmful to the individual but also harmful to the brothers, sisters, and other family members who are judged guilty by association. Yet the arena of public scrutiny is heavily weighted down with the enigma of fear for what it does not understand. To that end, the fact remains that The Treigning Lab, in concept and private practice established itself among Olympic and collegiate wrestlers in the year 2001 and has embarked on the life changing journey through sport with thousands of athletes spanning almost two decades of unparalleled excellence. We use quantitative analysis, metabolically accurate nutrition, proper supplementation, recovery facilitation, intelligence, and a training regiment of such high intensity that few have the wherewithal to imagine, much less dare to embrace. In the same amount of time, our athletes have never failed a single mandated test, yet reside among the elite in each of their chosen sports; standing at the top of the podium of character and integrity.

The Treigning Lab was built upon the foundation of integrity, hard work, and most importantly family. So, in light of recent events The Treigning Lab and its affiliates would, first, like to thank USADA for upholding the standard of sterling athletic practices and offering tests to ensure the safety and fairness of competitive sports. That being said, we would also like to thank all those who have come forward at this time to show their genuine concern for all of our athletes, especially TJ Dillashaw, a fallen soldier on the battlefield of public expectation and demand for perfection. Although, not right, and inexcusable, TJ succumbed to the relentless pressure to win at any cost for the purposes of appeasing his employers, pleasing his fan base, and providing for his family; a sentiment that we all can relate to.

He has now accepted the repercussions of his decisions; and as such, it is our decision as The Treigning Lab family, to stand beside him in his journey forward.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,125

Post#27 » by duppyy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:14 pm

REDDzone wrote:Two further thoughts on this:

1) Good for TJ for just taking his medicine on this one. I don't think he's made a statement yet but his coaches are totally copping to it, and he isn't appealing or any other nonsense. So sounds like there won't be any excuses.

2) That said, Novitsky pretty much came out and flat out said this is EPO lol there is no tainted supplement, you pretty much had to straight up inject this into your body. So not sure if he just figures it's a losing battle, or if he's going the Gilbert Melendez/Brian Ortega route and just copping to it. Honestly that's always the way that guys leave it in the rearview the quickest IMO.

Can use the Tainted Vaccine excuse :)
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#28 » by High 5 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:15 pm

TJ was on top of the world and then one 30-second loss later he's now suspended for 2 years. Brutal.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#29 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:32 pm

REDDzone wrote:Response from TJ's coach (an intellectual):
It is with a heavy heart that I, Coach Cal, the owner, founder, and purveyor of The reigning Lab, have recently seen the defeat of one of our family members in recent months. This defeat is not due to the skills and combat savvy of an opponent of flesh, but rather a defeat at the perilous hands of a far more sinister foe; the demon of self doubt which haunts each and everyone of us at one time or another in our lives.

As a man of few words, preferring passion and belief as a shield to be carried out upon, I am bemused to careless and reckless dialog for no other purpose than to make myself head among the masses plagued by willful ignorance. However, there is an appropriate, and even required time for the head of a family to speak out. And, this is such a time.

The Treigning Lab in no way condones or encourages our family of athletes, worldwide, to partake in the perilous downward spiraling helix of synthetic performance enhancement. To do so is not only harmful to the individual but also harmful to the brothers, sisters, and other family members who are judged guilty by association. Yet the arena of public scrutiny is heavily weighted down with the enigma of fear for what it does not understand. To that end, the fact remains that The Treigning Lab, in concept and private practice established itself among Olympic and collegiate wrestlers in the year 2001 and has embarked on the life changing journey through sport with thousands of athletes spanning almost two decades of unparalleled excellence. We use quantitative analysis, metabolically accurate nutrition, proper supplementation, recovery facilitation, intelligence, and a training regiment of such high intensity that few have the wherewithal to imagine, much less dare to embrace. In the same amount of time, our athletes have never failed a single mandated test, yet reside among the elite in each of their chosen sports; standing at the top of the podium of character and integrity.

The Treigning Lab was built upon the foundation of integrity, hard work, and most importantly family. So, in light of recent events The Treigning Lab and its affiliates would, first, like to thank USADA for upholding the standard of sterling athletic practices and offering tests to ensure the safety and fairness of competitive sports. That being said, we would also like to thank all those who have come forward at this time to show their genuine concern for all of our athletes, especially TJ Dillashaw, a fallen soldier on the battlefield of public expectation and demand for perfection. Although, not right, and inexcusable, TJ succumbed to the relentless pressure to win at any cost for the purposes of appeasing his employers, pleasing his fan base, and providing for his family; a sentiment that we all can relate to.

He has now accepted the repercussions of his decisions; and as such, it is our decision as The Treigning Lab family, to stand beside him in his journey forward.

Honestly I hate this. What a freaking spin job to make him sound like the victim in this.

"a fallen soldier on the battlefield of public expectation and demand for perfection"

"TJ succumbed to the relentless pressure to win at any cost for the purposes of appeasing his employers, pleasing his fan base, and providing for his family; a sentiment that we all can relate to."

I mean tremendous PR move, but seriously he is not the victim. Also taking steroids in MMA is very different than taking them in say cycling or baseball. You are physically harming someone. You are putting performance enhancers in your body to get an unfair advantage to cause physical harm to someone.

I don't want to hear about pressure or anything else like that. Why did GSP never test positive? Where is DC's positive test? Hell where is Conor's or Rousey's positive test? All of those are/were bigger names with much more pressure on them. Also I do believe Cody that TJ has been doing this for years,v probably before anyone knew who he was.

To me it would've just been better if TJ came out and said, "I got greedy, didn't think I would get caught, these dudes are really good and felt like this was the only way I could compete. I'm an idiot and I will take the next 2 years perfecting my craft in a clean way." Don't try to spin it.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#30 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:33 pm

High 5 wrote:TJ was on top of the world and then one 30-second loss later he's now suspended for 2 years. Brutal.

Couldn't have hoped this on anyone more. Him and Jon are the biggest d bags in the sport.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#31 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:42 pm

That's a tough read. Reads like how someone who wants people to think he's smart but is actually an idiot would write.

I mean "upholding the standard of sterling athletic practices" ???? "Training regiment of such high intensity that few have the wherewithal to imagine, much less dare to embrace." ??? Who speaks or writes like this? :banghead:
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#32 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:50 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:

That's a tough read. Reads like how someone who wants people to think he's smart but is actually an idiot would write.

I mean "upholding the standard of sterling athletic practices" ???? "Training regiment of such high intensity that few have the wherewithal to imagine, much less dare to embrace." ??? Who speaks or writes like this? :banghead:

"I am bemused to careless and reckless dialog for no other purpose than to make myself heard among the masses plagued by willful ignorance."
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#33 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:51 pm

Also, dumdum misspelled "wilful" and wrong use of "regiment"
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#34 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:53 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Honestly I hate this. What a freaking spin job to make him sound like the victim in this.

"a fallen soldier on the battlefield of public expectation and demand for perfection"

"TJ succumbed to the relentless pressure to win at any cost for the purposes of appeasing his employers, pleasing his fan base, and providing for his family; a sentiment that we all can relate to."

I mean tremendous PR move, but seriously he is not the victim. Also taking steroids in MMA is very different than taking them in say cycling or baseball. You are physically harming someone. You are putting performance enhancers in your body to get an unfair advantage to cause physical harm to someone.

I don't want to hear about pressure or anything else like that. Why did GSP never test positive? Where is DC's positive test? Hell where is Conor's or Rousey's positive test? All of those are/were bigger names with much more pressure on them. Also I do believe Cody that TJ has been doing this for years,v probably before anyone knew who he was.

To me it would've just been better if TJ came out and said, "I got greedy, didn't think I would get caught, these dudes are really good and felt like this was the only way I could compete. I'm an idiot and I will take the next 2 years perfecting my craft in a clean way." Don't try to spin it.

Good points. I was so confused by the writing I didn't even think how things are being spun.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#35 » by REDDzone » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:07 pm

What if this dude is just a total f*cking idiot but he speaks like that in front of MMA bros like Duane and TJ and they think he's brilliant?
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Headliner » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:26 pm

REDDzone wrote:What if this dude is just a total f*cking idiot but he speaks like that in front of MMA bros like Duane and TJ and they think he's brilliant?

That happens everywhere, in every sector of life/business. I wouldn’t be surprised.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by Headliner » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:29 pm

Someone brought this up but if they go back and check TJs sample and he pops for the same drug, that fight would be overruled and Cody would still have been champ. Sucks for him.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#38 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:20 pm

No one hopping to Barao's defense, as with No Lobe? He also got effed by TJ.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#39 » by REDDzone » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:05 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:No one hopping to Barao's defense, as with No Lobe? He also got effed by TJ.

I know you love to hate him, but if we are going back in the time machine, how much more impressive does it make Dom's victory over TJ? Dude had been out for YEARS before coming back and beating TJ to gain his title back.

135 lb GOAT.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#40 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:04 am

Is this more abhorrent than other PED busts?

You have people like Matt Serra calling him a scumbag, saying he should be banned for life. I agree. But I'm not sure why I do. Is it because we are in an era where very, very few others are on PEDs, so it's a particularly un-level playing field (this isn't like 90's baseball, where batter and pitcher and their bulldog were all juiced up)? Is it because he broke a trust? Crushed people's careers (Cody and Renan)? He was so smug about his work ethic and BangMT and all that? Brutal in sparring?

Cos I don't recall quite the same when other big fighters have been busted. Anderson, Royce, Barnett... these are unequivocal busts, there aren't any picograms. Look what Anderson did to Rich Franklin. It's almost identical to what TJ did to Cody... Franklin has almost no legacy, just another body in Anderson's win column (maybe took less head damage).

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts