Re: Which of team with homecourt advantage is most likely to be upset in the first round?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which of team with homecourt advantage is most likely to be upset in the first round? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:00 am

1. Warriors
2. Bucks
3. Nuggets
4. Raptors
5. Blazers
6. 76ers
7. Rockets
8. Celtics
phenith
Sophomore
And1: 38

Re: Which of team with homecourt advantage is most likely to be upset in the first round? 

Post#2 » by phenith » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:41 am

The Thunder are probably the most scary team that doesn't have home court and the Blazers lost their center late in the season... seem like the most likely upset in round one.

Boston without Smart might struggle, but Indy is missing their best player, so tilt that match-up towards Boston, they'll be in trouble for round two though.

Utah is also a scary lower seed, but Houston is hungry, that's going to be one of the best 1st round match-ups.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,495

Post#3 » by dice » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:07 pm

the pacers are simply not a good team w/o oladipo. meanwhile, portland just made the lunatic decision to try and lose a game to AVOID OKC. but their shorthanded scrubs won anyway. now westbrook will be in the ear of lillard (who he already dislikes) constantly, reminding him that his team was scared and suggesting that it is because lillard cannot handle westbrook. and that lillard and the blazers choked in the playoffs last season. OKC swept portland in the regular season and might well again in the postseason
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:10 am

phenith wrote:The Thunder are probably the most scary team that doesn't have home court and the Blazers lost their center late in the season... seem like the most likely upset in round one.

Boston without Smart might struggle, but Indy is missing their best player, so tilt that match-up towards Boston, they'll be in trouble for round two though.

Utah is also a scary lower seed, but Houston is hungry, that's going to be one of the best 1st round match-ups.

Agreed... Even if Nurkic was healthy the Blazers were getting swept by Utah or OKC.
QWERTYUIOP1248
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#5 » by QWERTYUIOP1248 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:43 am

really why does golden state have 4.2% of the vote? :noway:
xx1c1cle
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#6 » by xx1c1cle » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:20 pm

QWERTYUIOP1248 wrote:really why does golden state have 4.2% of the vote? :noway:

California has 12% of the population of the united states. California has 3 NBA teams. 12/3 = 4%
I'd say the 4% of respondents who state that GSW will lose in the first round are LAC fans.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,405

Post#7 » by theman » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:19 pm

xx1c1cle wrote:
QWERTYUIOP1248 wrote:really why does golden state have 4.2% of the vote? :noway:

California has 12% of the population of the united states. California has 3 NBA teams. 12/3 = 4%
I'd say the 4% of respondents who state that GSW will lose in the first round are LAC fans.

Interesting math you have there.

"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
bj2323
Junior
And1: 31

Post#8 » by bj2323 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:39 pm

theman wrote:
xx1c1cle wrote:

lmao I really hope this dude was being sarcastic, otherwise he is at least 4% a (Please Use More Appropriate Word)
I likes sports
xx1c1cle
Sophomore

Post#9 » by xx1c1cle » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:58 pm

bj2323 wrote:
theman wrote:
xx1c1cle wrote:

lmao I really hope this dude was being sarcastic, otherwise he is at least 4% a (Please Use More Appropriate Word)

bj2323, Whatever word you used to describe 4% of my character, you're probably right. That leaves 96% for other great traits.
I'm not being sarcastic. There are many reasons why a voter would vote for one team over another. One of those reasons, is fans supporting a team are usually bias towards them. And usually supporting fans live in the state the team is in.
xx1c1cle
Sophomore

Post#10 » by xx1c1cle » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:00 pm

xx1c1cle wrote:
bj2323 wrote:
theman wrote:

bj2323, Whatever word you used to describe 4% of my character, you're probably right. That leaves 96% for other great traits.
I'm not being sarcastic. There are many reasons why a voter would vote for one team over another. One of those reasons, is fans supporting a team are usually bias towards them. And usually supporting fans live in the state the team is in.

I forgot about the Kings. (easy to forget them) ha! . so that's 3%. and the current stats are at 3.9% It's getting there.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#11 » by luss54321 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:18 am

xx1c1cle wrote:

4 teams: Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Warriors
spicy6
Starter
And1: 1,841

Post#12 » by spicy6 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:55 am

Lol who voted the warriors?
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#13 » by luss54321 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:44 am

spicy6 wrote:Lol who voted the warriors?

People who don't like the Warriors....
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:11 pm

luss54321 wrote:

Yeah The Warriors are certainly not the most likely to be upset...but there is a certain element of this match up to watch for
where LAC could make anyone's series
FYI; nobody outside of Oakland like the Warriors
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
the13thjoker
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#15 » by the13thjoker » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:22 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
phenith wrote:The Thunder are probably the most scary team that doesn't have home court and the Blazers lost their center late in the season... seem like the most likely upset in round one.

Agreed... Even if Nurkic was healthy the Blazers were getting swept by Utah or OKC.

Nurkic might bring a lot more to the table but Kanter will do enough scoring and rebounding to minimise the loss.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#16 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:03 pm

the13thjoker wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

Nurkic might bring a lot more to the table but Kanter will do enough scoring and rebounding to minimise the loss.

Naw. POR came out hot and put OKC on their heels, but after the initial push things reverted to form. PG13 went 4-15 from 3pt in game one, which isn't great (27%). The rest of OKC went 1-18 (<6%) and it was still a 1-point game with 2:30 left. Gentleman's sweep then... OKC in 5! :D
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#17 » by delsol650 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:55 pm

Stillwater wrote:
luss54321 wrote:

You obviously don't watch warrior games as you can see on their road games of the amounts of warrior fans in the seats wearing dubs gear and even on some teams home games, the dubs gets lots of cheers you can hear on the TV while playing on the road. So that comment of yours just shows you drink a lot of HaterAide for the dubs.
Priest24
Pro Prospect
And1: 830

Post#18 » by Priest24 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:00 pm

Still say the Nuggets. Not a lot of playoff experience outside of Millsap,Plumlee, and Barton.
My opinion may not be your opinion or their opinion but I have it.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#19 » by Stillwater » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:35 pm

delsol650 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
luss54321 wrote:

You obviously don't watch warrior games as you can see on their road games of the amounts of warrior fans in the seats wearing dubs gear and even on some teams home games, the dubs gets lots of cheers you can hear on the TV while playing on the road. So that comment of yours just shows you drink a lot of HaterAide for the dubs.

Those ain't warriors fans their Steph fans
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#20 » by Fresh360Waves » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:07 am

Priest24 wrote:Still say the Nuggets. Not a lot of playoff experience outside of Millsap,Plumlee, and Barton.

And scoring will be an issue. Nuggets don't have a guy that can create their own shot.

Return to Polls Discussion