Yasiel Puig Can\'t Wait To \'Beat My Old Teammates\'

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Yasiel Puig Can\'t Wait To \'Beat My Old Teammates\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:07 pm

The Cincinnati Reds and Los Angeles Dodgers will face off in California for a series beginning on Monday and Yasiel Puig is ready.

\"We\'re going to Los Angeles, and we need to be prepared to beat my old teammates,\" Puig said. \"It\'s going to be a lot of people there [who have] been waiting for Puig, Matt Kemp, Farmer, and Alex Wood is not here, but everybody expects a lot and been waiting for us to go back. We\'re excited to go back.\"

The Dodgers and Reds completed a seven-player trade back in December.

Through 14 games, Puig is batting .163/.200/.302 with one home run and six RBIs for the Reds.

\"I\'ve not done as much as I want to do for the team now,\" Puig said. \"When you don\'t hit, you need to help your team in different ways -- like catching balls, throwing people out or make sure the batter doesn\'t get another base. That\'s the only thing I can do right now. I go out and play baseball every day and try to do something important and try to help my team to win. If it\'s not with the bat, I\'m doing it with my glove now. I can do it with my glove. It\'s going to be a long season and I\'m going to help my team with my bat and my glove soon, maybe starting in Los Angeles tomorrow.\"

Via Mark Sheldon/MLB

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion