DeMarcus Cousins Out Indefinitely With Torn Left Quad

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

DeMarcus Cousins Out Indefinitely With Torn Left Quad 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:54 pm

DeMarcus Cousins will be out indefinitely with a torn left quad. Cousins will begin rehabilitation immediately after suffering the noncontact injury during the first quarter of his second career game in the playoffs.

Cousins is on a one-year contract with the Golden State Warriors and has been trying to rehabilitate his value after suffered a torn Achilles in 2018.

Cousins returned in January.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Re: DeMarcus Cousins Out Indefinitely With Torn Left Quad 

Post#2 » by Kinger95 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:31 am

Classic boogie
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#3 » by dautjazz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:02 am

Call me an ****, but this is basically the definition of karma for wanting a free ride to a championship.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Camping Fan
Senior
And1: 215

Post#4 » by Camping Fan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:13 am

dautjazz wrote:Call me an ****, but this is basically the definition of karma for wanting a free ride to a championship.

LOL and poetic justice
Lakers 2020
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#5 » by NY2TheBay » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:17 am

minor set back. keep your head up big cuz.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,646

Post#6 » by Phystic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:45 am

dautjazz wrote:Call me an ****, but this is basically the definition of karma for wanting a free ride to a championship.

Wasn't it reported that nobody gave him an offer before the warriors went to him?
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 140

Post#7 » by haste10176 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:30 am

Phystic wrote:

Wasn't it reported that nobody gave him an offer before the warriors went to him?

Straight after the injury he was offered 2 years 40 mill contract by Pelicans he declined they withdrew it.. He would of been able to get more from many many teams than the mid level exception but the Max was not on the table at that time.. I will say his decision sucked in terms of competitive balance but was some what understandable in terms of coming back from a big injury and getting some playoff experience etc..
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#8 » by dautjazz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:40 am

haste10176 wrote:
Phystic wrote:

Straight after the injury he was offered 2 years 40 mill contract by Pelicans he declined they withdrew it.. He would of been able to get more from many many teams than the mid level exception but the Max was not on the table at that time.. I will say his decision sucked in terms of competitive balance but was some what understandable in terms of coming back from a big injury and getting some playoff experience etc..
Nah it was stupid, he could of got paid a lot more and things are looking even grimmer. 2/40 was a good offer for someone who just suffered a major injury. Now he will be lucky if he sees 40M the rest of the way with his new injury. He's always an entitled personality, and its coming around to bite him in the ass now.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,646

Post#9 » by Phystic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:55 pm

haste10176 wrote:
Phystic wrote:

Gotcha. I didn't really follow his situation last year after the injury. Didn't realize Pelicans made an offer. Just remember reading something in the off season claiming nobody went to him with an offer besides Warriors.

Return to Wiretap Discussion