Official Drug Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: Official Drug Thread 

Post#181 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:10 am

Has anyone had their rep truly tarnished after a totally cleared positive? I think people understand that Romero and Means were cleared. No one just has a vague, "hmmm, how did that play out? didn't Yoel get busted or something?" re: either of those two. So the initial media didn't ultimately hurt them.

Mendes wasn't cleared (whether he should have been seems up in the air).

Screw Barnett. I don't know what happened in the most recent case. But he has also continued to deny all three of the previous positives... never copped to a single one.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#182 » by qm22 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:52 am

So if this new policy were in place for Jones vs. DC II, apparently it wouldn't be a NC, Jones would be in media silence for a year (possibly between 1-4 years, depending on what "resolved" means).

And in the case of Jones, what has been resolved? It's been over a year and all we know is he was found to fail a test and that now he has a reduced suspension and his team says he was innocent, and AFAIK USADA and the UFC never even said what his excuse was.

All we have is the specious idea that this is a drug that wouldn't help him in the short term, and it must be short term because he passed a previous test, indicating he only had it in his system a short time near the fight. But both ideas are obviously false. Experts and past users of the drug said it has short term benefits, which despite some Jones defenders being unable to process, is not too strange of a thing. Secondly, the results do not indicate he was "clean" earlier, as the tests were different, and the later one having the better detection power. Only a real imbecile (or liar) - or the most biased of Jones lovers - would take that to mean he must, 100% have been clean when he passed urine tests, and use that to invalidate a more powerful blood test.

So while there are benefits to waiting on announcements of test results, when dealing with the UFC to arbitrate use of the information it will be extensively manipulated.
kimuradragon
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#183 » by kimuradragon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:48 am

Does this new USADA rule of not revealing names until after the investigation really work? First Sean O'Malley, now Marvin Vettori.

[youtube]
[/youtube]
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#184 » by REDDzone » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Jones refuses the CSAC recommended additional drug testing by VADA leading up to the Gus fight. Despite the fact that the commission would pay for it. Probably realizes there is no conflict of interest with VADA.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/12/ufc-232-jon-jones-skips-vada-testing-recommended-by-csac
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,742

Post#185 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:11 pm

REDDzone
RealGM

Post#186 » by REDDzone » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:32 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Jon Jones passes drug test.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,869

Post#187 » by Jasen777 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 pm

REDDzone wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Jon Jones passes drug test.

I can't even remotely trust the system anymore.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#188 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:41 pm

JJ still with traces. But this is the NOT suspicious result. If all of a sudden there were no longer traces, after he had months of pos results, it would suggest he'd just changed a behaviour...like microdosing.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,594

Post#189 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:54 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:JJ still with traces. But this is the NOT suspicious result. If all of a sudden there were no longer traces, after he had months of pos results, it would suggest he'd just changed a behaviour...like microdosing.

I dunno. Based on what's been reported, the detected amounts (picograms) would have had zero performance enhancing properties and microdosing (for performance enhancing effects) would have been highlighted by other indicators (like metabolites). I think he was almost certainly guilty in the past when he got done for clomiphene in the dick pill and straight turinbol in "tainted" supplements but based on expert interpretation of results, these traces don't appear to be from new sources, they don't have any performance enhancing properties and I do think he's probably one of the most tested athletes right now so it would be incredible difficult to get away with it even if he was fully into self-sabotage.

Not saying I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt but just based on the science behind it, it just doesn't seem likely. I'm not an expert in any of this so I'm just going by what reports have said and from expert opinion.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#190 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:38 am

I think there's a good chance the pulsing is legit. That said, I think the 2017 test failure was a result of pulsing. Think about it: its supposed to be more likely to happen when he's cutting weight, etc. And he took tests just before the failed one and just after and was clean both times (just like this time). Also, it still doesn't make sense that his pulsing amounts in 2019 would be higher than his original ingestion in 2017. My theory is 2017 was a pulse effect caused by a much heavier and/or regular oral turinabol ingestion from however long before the 2017 failure. Which if true would mean the conclusions drawn in his case in 2017 would be wrong (ie no intentional ingestion due to small amounts and whatever else).
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,462

Post#191 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:30 pm

Too many holes in all of this. 2017 tests positive, but says it was a tainted supplement. But gets time taken off his suspension because he is willing to snitch. If it was just a tainted supplement, what the hell could he inform on? 2019 tests positive again and they say its a pulsing effect even though the pulsing amount was greater than the original amount he tested positive for.

I say they just make it really simple on themselves. If you test positive with any trace of any amount for any banned substance you can not fight. You serve your suspension and cant till its out of your system. I also dont think its that hard to avoid tainted supplements, its crazy how so many fighters like a DC who has been getting tested by USADA for god knows how long has never tested positive for a tainted supplement.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#192 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:21 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Too many holes in all of this. 2017 tests positive, but says it was a tainted supplement. But gets time taken off his suspension because he is willing to snitch. If it was just a tainted supplement, what the hell could he inform on? 2019 tests positive again and they say its a pulsing effect even though the pulsing amount was greater than the original amount he tested positive for.

I say they just make it really simple on themselves. If you test positive with any trace of any amount for any banned substance you can not fight. You serve your suspension and cant till its out of your system. I also dont think its that hard to avoid tainted supplements, its crazy how so many fighters like a DC who has been getting tested by USADA for god knows how long has never tested positive for a tainted supplement.

"Jon Jones is just a wild motherf*cker, but that's also why he's so good." - Joe "The Scholar" Rogan.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,462

Post#193 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:27 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Too many holes in all of this. 2017 tests positive, but says it was a tainted supplement. But gets time taken off his suspension because he is willing to snitch. If it was just a tainted supplement, what the hell could he inform on? 2019 tests positive again and they say its a pulsing effect even though the pulsing amount was greater than the original amount he tested positive for.

"Jon Jones is just a wild motherf*cker, but that's also why he's so good." - Joe "The Scholar" Rogan.

Dick pills and cocaine cut with creatine haha.
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#194 » by Whiteman » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:37 pm

Bad day for Glory.
Dutch media report that both Badr Hari and Hesdy Gerges tested positive when they fought each other last year.
Mladen Brestovac and Ariel Machado caught as well.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#195 » by Jasen777 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 10:32 pm

UFC heavyweight Ruslan Magomedov receives lifetime ban from USADA

The heavyweight veteran was handed down a lifetime sanction on Monday after sustaining his second and third violations of the UFC anti-doping policy, USADA announced.

Magomedov’s second violation was the result of an Oct. 10, 2018 out-of-competition urine sample he provided which tested positive for the banned substances Methyltestosterone metabolite 17α-methyl-5β-androstan-3α, 17β-diol, stanozolol metabolites 3’-hydroxystanozolol-O-glucuronide, 16β-hydroxystanozolol-O-glucuronide, and stanozolol-N-glucuronide, all of which are classified as anabolic agents.

Magomedov’s third violation came on Feb. 5, 2019 as the result of “his refusal to complete the sample collection process as requested by a doping control officer during an out-of-competition test,” per USADA.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#196 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Apr 9, 2019 10:54 pm

TJ two years for EPO.

EPO is not some basement lab ****, IIRC. Didn't Sonnen get a visit from the FBI for it?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#197 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:18 pm

BTW, Ray Longo on Anik & Florian pod talking about he'd heard rumours about Anderson injecting EPO all the way back when Weidman fought him.

I don't know how much benefit of the doubt we should give Andy after the 2 busts.

What an ****. The two clear busts alone, this guy should never appear on an all-time list. How can he? He wasn't in Pride when he made his name. He was in an org that clearly banned PEDs..perfect enforcement or not, you were not supposed to be on PEDs. But evidently Anderson was injecting everything he could get his hands on.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#198 » by REDDzone » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:39 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:BTW, Ray Longo on Anik & Florian pod talking about he'd heard rumours about Anderson injecting EPO all the way back when Weidman fought him.

I don't know how much benefit of the doubt we should give Andy after the 2 busts.

What an ****. The two clear busts alone, this guy should never appear on an all-time list. How can he? He wasn't in Pride when he made his name. He was in an org that clearly banned PEDs..perfect enforcement or not, you were not supposed to be on PEDs. But evidently Anderson was injecting everything he could get his hands on.

It looks extra bad that he popped on the very first out of competition drug test that he ever took.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#199 » by Jasen777 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:12 pm

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,742

Post#200 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:31 pm

lol wut JUST that headline is **** hilarious.

*almost* makes me want to click through to the link/story *almost* ;) lolz! Haha/hehe.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts