Jayson Tatum: Being Traded Is Part Of The Game, I'll Play For Whomever

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jayson Tatum: Being Traded Is Part Of The Game, I'll Play For Whomever 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:03 pm

Jayson Tatum had a disappointing second regular season in the NBA in which shooting efficiency dropped. Tatum has also been mentioned in trade rumors involving Anthony Davis once the Boston Celtics can trade for him this offseason.

“Trade rumors don’t bother me,” Tatum said of trade rumors. “They’re talking about trading me for guys like Anthony Davis. So, I mean, I must be doing something pretty well.” When pressed on whether this bothered him, he didn’t budge: “I love the game of basketball. Being traded is part of the game. I’ll play for whomever. It’s something I can’t control.”

Tatum also revealed he has a poster of himself dunking on LeBron James in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals.

“I’ve got a big-ass picture of it in my house,” Tatum said.

The Celtics ultimately lost the game as the Cleveland Cavaliers advanced to The Finals.

Via Sopan Deb/New York Times

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Re: Jayson Tatum: Being Traded Is Part Of The Game, I'll Play For Whomever 

Post#2 » by Revived » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 pm

RealGM Wiretap wrote:Tatum also revealed he has a poster of himself dunking on LeBron James in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals.

“I’ve got a big-ass picture of it in my house,” Tatum said.

Jordan Crawford wishes he had the same thing but LeBron had Nike confiscate the tape :noway:
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#3 » by Chris3323 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:59 pm

Any proof or just a rumor?
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,426

Post#4 » by ImSlower » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:09 pm

I'm happy he got the oft-incorrect whoever/whomever usage correct! Grammar rules!
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,824

Post#5 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:28 am

“Trade rumors don’t bother me,” Tatum said of trade rumors. “They’re talking about trading me for guys like Anthony Davis. So, I mean, I must be doing something pretty well.”

Honestly I don't understand why guys like Ingram don't have this kind of a mindset. They're considered a good value to trade for someone like AD, who's a top 5 talent. I'd consider that as a compliment.
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#6 » by JellosJigglin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:15 am

ThumbsUpBaby wrote:“Trade rumors don’t bother me,” Tatum said of trade rumors. “They’re talking about trading me for guys like Anthony Davis. So, I mean, I must be doing something pretty well.”

Honestly I don't understand why guys like Ingram don't have this kind of a mindset. They're considered a good value to trade for someone like AD, who's a top 5 talent. I'd consider that as a compliment.

Huh? Ingram was unphased and played like an all-star after the trade rumors. He played a lot better than Tatum who has become incredibly overrated.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#7 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:54 am

ThumbsUpBaby wrote:“Trade rumors don’t bother me,” Tatum said of trade rumors. “They’re talking about trading me for guys like Anthony Davis. So, I mean, I must be doing something pretty well.”

Because no one wants to go from LA to New Orleans
pagal
Starter
And1: 2,078

Post#8 » by pagal » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:21 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:

Because no one wants to go from LA to New Orleans

Exactly. Going from LA to NO is a downgrade in life-style, etc. Going from a dump like Boston to NO is actually an upgrade.

Also, he knows Snake DA by now - kiss his ass in front of him, trade him the next minute.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#9 » by Donnyxc » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:57 pm

JellosJigglin wrote:

Huh? Ingram was unphased and played like an all-star after the trade rumors. He played a lot better than Tatum who has become incredibly overrated.

Funny how scoring 26 points in the playoffs is overrated. How many points did Ingram score?
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
tasball
Senior
And1: 57

Post#10 » by tasball » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:20 pm

Trade me anywhere for $15,000,000 a year!

Return to Wiretap Discussion