ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#621 » by BW32 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 9:51 pm

wco81 wrote:Zach Lowe and Kevin Arnovitz discuss whether Aaron Gordon can take on a role like Draymond, switchable defender and playmaker.

He makes $20 million a year but in a couple of years, with the cap expected to approach $120 million, that may look like a pretty good value.

Does he have the BBIQ? Probably not, but these days, there are other big men who dives off the pick and roll and can kick it to the corner for open 3s.

A Curry-Gordon pick and roll would make him a serious dunk threat off a dive, so teams are likely to pull the wing defenders into the paint and he should be able to kick the pass out over any wings.

Of course Warriors may not have assets that Orlando would be interested in.

I'm not sure what you are proposing, like Dray for Gordon basically? That would just be an inferior player making more money.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#622 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 10:08 pm

Well Draymond makes about $18 million a year this year and next year and then he's going to want over $30 million a year.

He's aging and hobbled so he may be declining as he demands big money.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#623 » by Phase 3 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 10:22 pm

wco81 wrote:Zach Lowe and Kevin Arnovitz discuss whether Aaron Gordon can take on a role like Draymond, switchable defender and playmaker.

He makes $20 million a year but in a couple of years, with the cap expected to approach $120 million, that may look like a pretty good value.

Does he have the BBIQ? Probably not, but these days, there are other big men who dives off the pick and roll and can kick it to the corner for open 3s.

A Curry-Gordon pick and roll would make him a serious dunk threat off a dive, so teams are likely to pull the wing defenders into the paint and he should be able to kick the pass out over any wings.

I brought up Aaron Gordon in another thread as a guy to target if you have to move on from Draymond for whatever reason. He’s young, skilled, athletic as hell, on a good contract, and from the Bay Area.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#624 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Feb 6, 2019 8:46 pm

gsw213 wrote:

I brought up Aaron Gordon in another thread as a guy to target if you have to move on from Draymond for whatever reason. He’s young, skilled, athletic as hell, on a good contract, and from the Bay Area.

Man I just don't think we all appreciate Green's IQ, Defense and Junk Yard Dog determination enough. Gordon as a replacement???? He's just another bouncy athletic freak....but that's it :( I don't see him running the offense....being a captain on defense....guarding Anthony Davis in the final moments of a game and getting a steal to seal the deal??? Nope.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#625 » by Coxy » Wed Feb 6, 2019 10:07 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
gsw213 wrote:

Man I just don't think we all appreciate Green's IQ, Defense and Junk Yard Dog determination enough. Gordon as a replacement???? He's just another bouncy athletic freak....but that's it :( I don't see him running the offense....being a captain on defense....guarding Anthony Davis in the final moments of a game and getting a steal to seal the deal??? Nope.

I don't think there are many that could replicate what Dray brings, but the point is, he will decline at some point, and looking for a guy that can replicate "some" of the things Beast does should be looked at.
wco81
RealGM

Post#626 » by wco81 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 10:54 pm

And he'd be a lot cheaper for the 2-3 years after Draymond hits free agency, if he's going to demand $35 million a year or more.

Even if they give Draymond $30 million, Gordon would be a lot cheaper. At $25 million a year, which Draymond would take as a huge insult, Gordon would be cheaper.

But then again, recently Klay said there's no reason for him to give a discount because it would just save the team luxury taxes, not open up cap space for signing better players.

So one would suspect Draymond is going to take the same approach and if he doesn't get what he want, there will be hell to pay.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#627 » by FNQ » Thu Feb 7, 2019 6:13 pm

Stanley Johnson is now on a non-playoff team and I'd like to fix that if possible.

Wouldnt mind trading Evans/McKinnie for him. Evans was supposed to be a ready-now piece, and he's not. Unlikely we keep him beyond 2 years. McKinnie has flashed, but overall is a net negative and dont see any way he plays in the playoffs. Stanley OTOH could be used as a perimeter defender against the Hardens, the Paul Georges, the DeRozans..
wco81
RealGM

Post#628 » by wco81 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 6:29 pm

Detroit traded Johnson to the Bucks.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#629 » by FNQ » Thu Feb 7, 2019 6:47 pm

wco81 wrote:Detroit traded Johnson to the Bucks.

Bucks traded Johnson to the Pelicans.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#630 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:30 pm

We should trade for Johnson, then trade him to the Pistons :lol:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#631 » by Coxy » Sat Feb 9, 2019 10:40 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:We should trade for Johnson, then trade him to the Pistons :lol:

Make it a 3 way sending Thon Maker to the Bucks.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#632 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Feb 9, 2019 10:45 pm

Coxy wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:We should trade for Johnson, then trade him to the Pistons :lol:

Make it a 3 way sending Thon Maker to the Bucks.

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#633 » by cdubbz » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:17 am

If Utah is interested in giving him up I’d be up for Grayson Allen.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#634 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:02 pm

A nice buy low target would be Ntilikina. I still think he's a good player and would be a nice replacement for Shaun if he retires. I wouldn't be surprised if they would cut their losses and give him up for our 28th pick.

BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#635 » by BW32 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:22 pm

Intrigued by that idea but I think the Knicks will want to wait for free agency to play out before making a decision on him.

Taurean Prince is another buy low possibility, he is expiring so other teams won't be too interested but for us it keeps the capspace option open in the event KD leaves and Dray doesn't sign an extension.
wco81
RealGM

Post#636 » by wco81 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 pm

Schlenk would have to be doing his former employers a big favor by trading Prince to the Warriors.

He could probably get higher picks than what the Warriors could offer. May have to toss in a second rounder or two.

Or just a lot of cash.

But Prince will want a big payday too and KD would have to vacate or else it wouldn't make sense to commit that much salary to one position.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#637 » by and1GS » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:30 am

Aaron Gordon is dumb as a rock, but the skillset is exciting. I think if we go that direction we're giving up on defense and trying for the HOU approach. Great 1:1 D in spurts, tons of quick scoring and iso ball in between. Honestly not a terrible approach as it keeps us versatile, especially when you take into account how mercurial Draymond is. Honestly these past two seasons it seems to take him a full week to charge up and go super saiyan Draymond. Other than that he's fine, but not a game changer like in his DPOY year - reminds me a lot of how Iggy coasts.

Smart to think about life after Draymond - I can't imagine he can stay focused and effective for too much longer.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#638 » by superunknown » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:50 am

agree. aaron gordon would be a great addition.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#639 » by cpower » Wed May 8, 2019 5:16 pm

Draymond has been the most consistent player for us in the playoffs for years...I don't understand why people would instantly throw max at Klay and give doubt to Green....If we only going to resign 2 of the 3 , we need to resign KD first then Green. This team will be one of the worst defensive team without Green.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,721

Post#640 » by floppymoose » Wed May 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Is KD on a 1+1? Can he opt in and then be traded? I'm wondering if there is a KD for AD deal possible now that Zion is headed to NO. I mean, I'm sure KD doesn't want that. It would be kinda hilarious if he chose to stay and then we traded him.

Return to Golden State Warriors