ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings General Discussion 2018-2019

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Re: Kings General Discussion 2018-2019 

Post#921 » by TKainZero » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:21 am

Not a kings fan. But. What the hell man. How can you fire a coach on the upswing that led your team to the best season in over a decade

I just don’t get it man. That was a really fun team to watch. I really liked the kings as a basketball fan.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#922 » by sacking123 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:25 am

TKainZero wrote:Not a kings fan. But. What the hell man. How can you fire a coach on the upswing that led your team to the best season in over a decade

I just don’t get it man. That was a really fun team to watch. I really liked the kings as a basketball fan.

Yes it is a fun team to watch. Imagine what they're going to be like next season with a coach that believes in the players and truly unleashes them?
Buddy Hield will break his own 3 point record for the team with at least 300, Fox will become more aggressive and continue to develop as one of the best leaders in the league and Bagley will be in the top 20 in scoring and top 10 in rebounding.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
TKainZero
Head Coach

Post#923 » by TKainZero » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:47 pm

simonbampfield wrote:
TKainZero wrote:Not a kings fan. But. What the hell man. How can you fire a coach on the upswing that led your team to the best season in over a decade

Yes it is a fun team to watch. Imagine what they're going to be like next season with a coach that believes in the players and truly unleashes them?
Buddy Hield will break his own 3 point record for the team with at least 300, Fox will become more aggressive and continue to develop as one of the best leaders in the league and Bagley will be in the top 20 in scoring and top 10 in rebounding.

Well. Looks like Luke Walton is free now
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

sacking123
Assistant Coach

Post#924 » by sacking123 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:27 pm

TKainZero wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:

What did anything you say, or myself have to do with Luke Walton?

Now I can see why you don't get it.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#925 » by bleeds_purple » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:31 pm

I'm all aboard the Luke train if this means his dad will do some commentary :lol:
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#926 » by enderwilson » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:58 am

bleeds_purple wrote:I'm all aboard the Luke train if this means his dad will do some commentary :lol:

TKainZero
Head Coach

Post#927 » by TKainZero » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:17 am

simonbampfield wrote:
TKainZero wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:

What did anything you say, or myself have to do with Luke Walton?

Now I can see why you don't get it.

They fired a good coach.

And odds are they want Luke

Which is going to hurt 1000% time worse as a laker fan when fox is torching the lakers
Well... at least the kings don’t have Luka... or the suns for that matter.

I will like watching th e kings.

Cheers

becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#928 » by becorz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:36 pm

I was talking to a friend who kind of, sort of watches basketball and the topic of Jimmy Butler came up. I explained to him that Butler doesn't have the best reputation and that it might (but likely won't) hurt him in free agency. (I think the Sixers just max him out) Long story short, he thinks Butler would look good in a Kings uniform.

What would you all think if the Kings made the big move to sign Jimmy Butler, likely to a 4 year max? I think skill set wise, he could fit in at the 3 (with Barnes at the 4), but then you have to deal with...Jimmy Butler things. Chemistry could be an issue. But as an off the wall idea, I kind of like it.

Would you be for or against the Kings targeting Butler?
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,505

Post#929 » by codydaze » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:20 pm

becorz wrote:I was talking to a friend who kind of, sort of watches basketball and the topic of Jimmy Butler came up. I explained to him that Butler doesn't have the best reputation and that it might (but likely won't) hurt him in free agency. (I think the Sixers just max him out) Long story short, he thinks Butler would look good in a Kings uniform.

What would you all think if the Kings made the big move to sign Jimmy Butler, likely to a 4 year max? I think skill set wise, he could fit in at the 3 (with Barnes at the 4), but then you have to deal with...Jimmy Butler things. Chemistry could be an issue. But as an off the wall idea, I kind of like it.

I wouldn't hate it, that's for sure. I know Jimmy has a lot of baggage that comes with him but I don't think he'd be as much of an issue in our locker room. The impression I got was that he didn't like the lack of a work ethic and heart from the young guys in Minny but with our core, we have gym rats who work really hard and have a fire to them. I think he'd fit in better here but obviously I'd still be cautious throwing him an offer, it could definitely blow up in your face.
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#930 » by bleeds_purple » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:29 pm

I don't want Butler anywhere near this team.

First, there's the lineup problem. I don't think he's a bona fide SF which means you either bench Buddy (hell no) or bring him off the bench (he wouldn't agree to that). Second, there's the issue of his age not fitting the time table of the team. Third, there's the fact that he is not a great floor spacer and you'd rather have the ball in Fox and Bagley's hands so he's just gonna clog things up for them.

If you're gonna target anyone on the Sixers it should be Harris. But even then, he's not really needed on this roster. We should be looking to bring Brewer back and then upgrade at C and backup PG.

Fox / Defensive minded PG who can hit threes and share ball handling with Bogdan
Buddy/Bogdan
Barnes/Brewer
Bagley/Bjelica
Rim protecting floor spacer / Giles

Then you bring back Koufos, Ferrel, and Burks for depth and/or get similar replacement level players.
becorz
Veteran

Post#931 » by becorz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:54 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:I don't want Butler anywhere near this team.

First, there's the lineup problem. I don't think he's a bona fide SF which means you either bench Buddy (hell no) or bring him off the bench (he wouldn't agree to that). Second, there's the issue of his age not fitting the time table of the team. Third, there's the fact that he is not a great floor spacer and you'd rather have the ball in Fox and Bagley's hands so he's just gonna clog things up for them.

If you're gonna target anyone on the Sixers it should be Harris. But even then, he's not really needed on this roster. We should be looking to bring Brewer back and then upgrade at C and backup PG.

Fox / Defensive minded PG who can hit threes and share ball handling with Bogdan
Buddy/Bogdan
Barnes/Brewer
Bagley/Bjelica
Rim protecting floor spacer / Giles

Then you bring back Koufos, Ferrel, and Burks for depth and/or get similar replacement level players.

I am in the camp that thinks that running Bagley at the PF isn't going to work anytime soon. I think he should be playing center. If that is the case, I think Barnes is the defacto PF. Then at SF you are running either another FA (is there really a "SF" in the pool besides Durant?) or Bogi. If it is Bogi, then Butler is much more suited to SF anyway. As far as finding a rim protecting floor spacer....it isn't going to happen. That player is a unicorn and he is not walking through the door. You have Porzingus, Ibaka, and ?????

And really, why isn't Butler cut out for SF anyway? Is it is height? I think he is a better defender on the bigger SFs than most players his size. And I think with his offensive skill set, he is fine against larger defenders.

I do like Harris better, but there is no way he leaves the Sixers. And even if he did, a really good team would sign him. I think he is a pipe dream but Butler is just close enough to possible that I will bring it up.

I know have said it before, but I don't think it makes sense for the Kings to make a run at one of the high priced centers. Our core right now

Fox
Buddy
Bogi
Barnes/Giles/Bjelica
Bagley

To me, there are going to be a lot of Barnes at the PF type of games for the Kings. And Bagley with Giles are going to demand a ton of minutes. If that is the case, where are the big minutes from the center going to come from? That is why I have been pushing Bojan Bogdonic as a target for the Kings. He would be able to step in and start at the SF (although, he is undersized for the Durants/Jameses of the world) and would fit on this team perfectly. And have Bogdan Bogdanovic come off the bench and be the super sub.

If you assume roughly $20m for Bojan, that leaves plenty for a 20 minute per game big man. Be that Willie (coming off the bench), Kanter, Ed Davis, a Morris twin, whoever.
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#932 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:17 am

I would go after Vucevic and if he doesn't sign then I would look at Dedmon and Brook Lopez. Lopez I expect to stay in MIL but Dedmon is a solid option that can be moved to backup once we want to start Giles and Bagley.

Bagley is the type of guy who should be starting at PF and finishing games at C. I wouldn't be comfortable with Barnes and Bagley starting 4/5. It's too undersized IMO. There's way too many teams that will beat us up on the inside with that lineup.
sacking123
Assistant Coach

Post#933 » by sacking123 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:07 am

becorz wrote:I was talking to a friend who kind of, sort of watches basketball and the topic of Jimmy Butler came up. I explained to him that Butler doesn't have the best reputation and that it might (but likely won't) hurt him in free agency. (I think the Sixers just max him out) Long story short, he thinks Butler would look good in a Kings uniform.

Jimmy Butler is a toxic player you don’t want anywhere near the Kings. Even as good as he is, and he is a fantastic player, the downside or potential downside would be devastating to this group.
Stick with high character guys that get along well with teammates. The only reason he is keeping quiet on the 76ers is because he has a contract coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
sacking123
Assistant Coach

Post#934 » by sacking123 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:19 am

bleeds_purple wrote:I would go after Vucevic and if he doesn't sign then I would look at Dedmon and Brook Lopez. Lopez I expect to stay in MIL but Dedmon is a solid option that can be moved to backup once we want to start Giles and Bagley.

Bagley is the type of guy who should be starting at PF and finishing games at C. I wouldn't be comfortable with Barnes and Bagley starting 4/5. It's too undersized IMO. There's way too many teams that will beat us up on the inside with that lineup.

Couldn’t agree more with this. Dedmon is the guy for this roster. After some completely dismissed Dedmons D, It was interesting to see the thread recently on defensive metrics over the last 5 years and how Dedmon ranked.
He is a really good option with his shooting as well to let Bagley operate inside and then when the young guys surpass him it won’t be a big deal to send him to the bench.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#935 » by jazanetti » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:15 pm

I love the idea of signing Butler. He's the best available option at FA market. He fits perfectly for this team both by his skills and mentally. He could be the leader this young core needs very much.
becorz
Veteran

Post#936 » by becorz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:33 pm

simonbampfield wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:I would go after Vucevic and if he doesn't sign then I would look at Dedmon and Brook Lopez. Lopez I expect to stay in MIL but Dedmon is a solid option that can be moved to backup once we want to start Giles and Bagley.

Couldn’t agree more with this. Dedmon is the guy for this roster. After some completely dismissed Dedmons D, It was interesting to see the thread recently on defensive metrics over the last 5 years and how Dedmon ranked.
He is a really good option with his shooting as well to let Bagley operate inside and then when the young guys surpass him it won’t be a big deal to send him to the bench.

I get all the Dedmond love, but we are not going to be the only team going after him. I think the guy is going to get more than people think. Like $8-10 million a year. Would you still like him then?
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#937 » by bleeds_purple » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 pm

becorz wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:

I get all the Dedmond love, but we are not going to be the only team going after him. I think the guy is going to get more than people think. Like $8-10 million a year. Would you still like him then?

I'd go high as 3/36. $8M is only 7.5% of the cap.
sacking123
Assistant Coach

Post#938 » by sacking123 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:39 am

becorz wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:

Absolutely. And I think he will get more than that. I think for the Kings the length of the contract would be more important. Ideally it would be 2 years, but would go out to 3. Dedmon won’t get as much as he will per year than this contract so he might want to take advantage of a longer deal. 2/26 would be good. There would still be enough in cap space to sign another good player as well. Perhaps even a max player I believe if Barnes’ contract gets extended.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,969

Post#939 » by dckingsfan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:56 pm

I wonder if we could grab Sabonis somehow? He would be a terrific fit, IMO. I would move Bogdan and assets for Sabonis.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26567437/the-pacers-big-dilemma-turner-sabonis-coexist
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#940 » by OGSactownballer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:29 pm

My thoughts are that there are two guys we would be justified in giving a Max deal to for the SF spot.

Durant.

Middleton.

Beyond that it’s a matter of fit and need and whether or not Barnes it’s out to free more cap.

I DO NOT want to be dumb enough to give Barnes $20 mil per. He’s not worth it. If they do that they will regret it. He is a ROLE PLAYER. And always has been. They need to not go and pay him like he’s a third or fourth option.

And Willies role can be filled much cheaper and more effectively by a ton of guys.

Return to Sacramento Kings