ImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Re: NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick? 

Post#61 » by Skin » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:23 am

Def Swami wrote:I think this draft is going to be similar to 2016 in that I think there will be a consensus top 5 or 6 guys that will go in some particular order, but there will be high variability in terms of teams' big boards after that. The mocks are reflective of that right now and it makes sense; the draft after the top of the lottery isn't that inspiring. After maybe pick 10, I think the draft probably...flattens out... 8-)

Carsen Edwards is a 2nd rounder in a lot of the mocks right now, but I could easily see some team in the mid-first round picking him in the teens; I wouldn't even be upset if it were us. John Hammond doesn't care about mocks or consensus picks. He bucked them when he picked Thon Maker at 10 in 2016. That same draft, Skal Labissiere fell all the way to 28 despite mocks having him in the lottery all season. But Hammond also likes to take swings in this part of the draft.

What's his wingspan?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#62 » by tiderulz » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:11 am

Skin wrote:
Def Swami wrote:I think this draft is going to be similar to 2016 in that I think there will be a consensus top 5 or 6 guys that will go in some particular order, but there will be high variability in terms of teams' big boards after that. The mocks are reflective of that right now and it makes sense; the draft after the top of the lottery isn't that inspiring. After maybe pick 10, I think the draft probably...flattens out... 8-)

Carsen Edwards is a 2nd rounder in a lot of the mocks right now, but I could easily see some team in the mid-first round picking him in the teens; I wouldn't even be upset if it were us. John Hammond doesn't care about mocks or consensus picks. He bucked them when he picked Thon Maker at 10 in 2016. That same draft, Skal Labissiere fell all the way to 28 despite mocks having him in the lottery all season. But Hammond also likes to take swings in this part of the draft.

What's his wingspan?

6'5 measured 2 years ago. looking at him, i dont think it grew much more
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#63 » by pepe1991 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:53 am

Suns Reportedly Prefer To Draft Ja Morant Over Zion Williamson

:lol:

It looks liike another my prediction might turn out to be truth.

Zion is cool and all that ,but with so much mistery what position he will play and what's his actual skillset, drafting traditional talented PG is simply easier.

Still don't get what Reddish has to do in high lottery. :dontknow:

Nassir Little is same story. 6'6 wing that can't shoot and who only collected 23 assists during whole college season.

Overall draft is to be kind a trash, it's Zion, Barrett and Morant and after that there will be some hidden jems all across the board but this draft can easly end up looking messy like 2015 one with Hezonja, Winslow, Johnson, Mudiay, Okafor, Leyus and Kaminsky selected high and Booker, Turner, Harrell later.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#64 » by j-ragg » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:10 pm

Suns would be idiots to do that. Every other team wants Zion, why not just take him and trade him to the highest bidder if you don't want him? Assuming that could be the #2 team who'd draft Ja. I wouldn't laugh at anyone for second-guessing drafting a big man 1st overall who isn't going to be an Embiid type of #1 option.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,154

Post#65 » by Knightro » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:18 pm

If the Suns get the No. 1 pick, they could almost certainly trade it to the team drafting 2nd or 3rd, get a 2020 1st for their trouble and still end up with the guy they want in Morant.

Literally follow the Hawks and Mavs Doncic/Young playbook.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#66 » by Knightro » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:36 pm

Wholeheartedly agree with this.

Feels like the top 6 in some order is going to be: Williamson, Morant, Barrett, Culver, Hunter, Reddish.

After that? Mocks are all over the place.

Darius Garland
The Ringer: 6th
The Athletic: 7th
Tankathon: 13th
NBA Draft.net: 15th

Coby White
NBA Draft.net: 5th
Tankathon: 8th
The Athletic: 11th
The Ringer: 16th

Rui Hachimura
NBA Draft.net: 4th
The Athletic: 10th
The Ringer: 19th
Tankathon: 21st

It's just really difficult to even guess who could possibly be available at 16 when the mocks have such a wide variance after the 6th pick.
king_kuffz
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#67 » by king_kuffz » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:06 pm

NotACat wrote:I'm going to add Miye Oni to the same tier as NAW and Keldon Johnson, maybe even higher than them. Competition he's playing against makes it tough to scout, but he's absolutely an NBA athlete and what stood out to me the most is how comfortable he is getting his own shot in the halfcourt. Isos, PnR, post, it doesn't matter. Plus he shows some good passing ability.

I've never said this, because I never thought I would...but his two way game looks a lot like D-Wade definitely not the same level of athlete but good enough and not sure on his height but I would guess about 6'5
king_kuffz
Ballboy

Post#68 » by king_kuffz » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:15 pm

DjPuffnStuff wrote:
p0peye wrote:I like Shamorie Ponds.
I also like Ponds. He reminds me of a young Lowry. Tough, quick, he can shoot from anywhere, and he finds the open guy. Some might say he's undersized, but he knows how to use his body to create space/separation from defender. He's strong and can shoot lights out when hot. He would be great in the 2nd or undrafted.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

reminds me more of a smaller slower kyrie
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#69 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:21 pm

Knightro wrote:

Wholeheartedly agree with this.

Feels like the top 6 in some order is going to be: Williamson, Morant, Barrett, Culver, Hunter, Reddish.

After that? Mocks are all over the place.

Darius Garland
The Ringer: 6th
The Athletic: 7th
Tankathon: 13th
NBA Draft.net: 15th

Coby White
NBA Draft.net: 5th
Tankathon: 8th
The Athletic: 11th
The Ringer: 16th

Rui Hachimura
NBA Draft.net: 4th
The Athletic: 10th
The Ringer: 19th
Tankathon: 21st

It's just really difficult to even guess who could possibly be available at 16 when the mocks have such a wide variance after the 6th pick.

Yeah. It’s really all over the place. But I kinda of like that. Someone we don’t expect will be there at #16.

Throw in ESPN:

#4 Garland
#11 White
#16 Hachimura
king_kuffz
Ballboy

Post#70 » by king_kuffz » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:27 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:Bleacher Report: #16 Tyler Herro
CBSsports.com: #16 Nickeil Alexander-Walker
yahoosports.com: #16 Talen Horton-Tucker/#46 Shamorie Ponds
NBCsports.com: #16 Nassir Little (Diet AG)
SB Nation: #16 Talen Horton-Tucker
Sportsillustrated: #16 Tyler Herro/ #46 Jaylen Hoard
Nbadraft.net: #16 Romeo Langford/#46 Eric Paschall

yo am i sleeping on tyler herro? is he our fournier replacement?

not a fan of Herro. seems too 1-dimensional. Little reminds me as you said, of a smaller AG. And Horton-Tucker is a bad shooter. would rather NAW or Romeo Langford

I wouldn't mind Langford if he had any toughness to him, but after watching him in the big ten all season the thing I've come to realize is that he's useless if his shot is not falling and he is soft, I would not be surprised if he fell down further in the draft because of these things, I also would stay far away from Horton-Tucker at #16 he's more like a end of the first round talent or top of the 2nd...the player that would be perfect for the #16 spot is KPJ he keeps falling and I have no Idea why because he is a top 10 talent in this draft for sure, my 3 top targets where we are picking are KPJ, NAW or Bol Bol or Okpola if he is still on the board according to the mocks to me those will be bpa when we pick
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#71 » by Knightro » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:32 pm

Bol Bol would be an absolute disaster selection for the Magic as presently constructed.

He's off my board completely.
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 765

Post#72 » by Tarheel » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:09 pm

Knightro wrote:Bol Bol would be an absolute disaster selection for the Magic as presently constructed.

Drafting Bol Bol and Tacko in the 2nd would be worth it just for the reactions on this board
king_kuffz
Ballboy

Post#73 » by king_kuffz » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:48 pm

Knightro wrote:Bol Bol would be an absolute disaster selection for the Magic as presently constructed.

strictly based on bpa
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#74 » by nicnac215 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:52 pm

I would love to draft Bol. Dude COULD be the Giannis of this draft. That is worth the risk.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#75 » by JBSouthpaw » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:00 pm

nicnac215 wrote:I would love to draft Bol. Dude COULD be the Giannis of this draft. That is worth the risk.

While Bol is agile for his size, he doesn't come close to The Freak's athleticism.

Very similar to Bamba, taller and skinnier. Has better ball/perimeter skills, Bama is better inside/reb.blk and motor.

I'd prefer a wing shooter of some sort, but he could be BPA.
I like NAW and Herro.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#76 » by pepe1991 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:13 pm

Put prospetcs in empty gym, first who can make 15 threes in a row gets drafted :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,450

Post#77 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:20 pm

Really? I could actually see it and would understand why.

Vucevic easily could have played his last game in the amway yesterday and Birch could easily receive a Dedmon/SA esque offer from another team which we dont match.

Leaving us with a basically rookie Bamba and the corpse of Mosgov :lol:

Furthermore, Bol Bol can play PF (currently a position of need for us as the primary backup) and could be an elite defender/shooter out the gate. Has all the intangibles you want from a big.

People tend to forget that he was a consensus top 5/top 3 pick before his injury. The potential is real.

I wouldn't mind at all if we drafted him if he fell to us (dont believe he will though).

We are in NO position to draft per need and should always be looking at BPA and if Bol Bol is there he might be exactly that.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#78 » by NotACat » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:21 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:I would love to draft Bol. Dude COULD be the Giannis of this draft. That is worth the risk.

While Bol is agile for his size, he doesn't come close to The Freak's athleticism.

Very similar to Bamba, taller and skinnier. Has better ball/perimeter skills, Bama is better inside/reb.blk and motor.

I like NAW and Herro.

I don't think the argument is for his athleticism, it's about his ability to be a top player in league potentially. He shot making and creation from the perimeter at his size and length is nearly unheard of (KD being the lone outlier). If his body develops properly, he could be an absolute force in today's NBA. I personally don't think he'll make it past Atlanta.

I like NAW and Herro as well. I don't think Herro has a chance to be drafted by us due to size. If we can't land NAW, I'm going to guess we end up with THT
Black Lives Matter
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,235

Post#79 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:54 pm

NotACat wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:

I like NAW and Herro.

I don't think the argument is for his athleticism, it's about his ability to be a top player in league potentially. He shot making and creation from the perimeter at his size and length is nearly unheard of (KD being the lone outlier). If his body develops properly, he could be an absolute force in today's NBA. I personally don't think he'll make it past Atlanta.

I like NAW and Herro as well. I don't think Herro has a chance to be drafted by us due to size. If we can't land NAW, I'm going to guess we end up with THT
Bamba....motor?

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#80 » by NotACat » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:26 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
NotACat wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:

I like NAW and Herro.

Bamba....motor?

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app

I don't understand what you're trying to say...

If Bamba was viewed as an elite prospect because of his defensive potential and any offense you get (other than as a roller) is a bonus, than Bol is the total opposite.
Black Lives Matter

Return to Orlando Magic