ImageImageImageImageImage

Sean Marks fined and suspended for entering refs locker room

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,691

Re: NBA Playoffs: Rd 1 Game 4: Sixers vs Nets - 3:00 PM, 04/20/19, TNT / My9 (PHI leads 2-1) 

Post#21 » by Zeno » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:51 pm

[quote="Paradise"]It’s been nearly two straight years of ‘two minute report’ losses. Enough is enough.

Read on Twitter

Came here as a Raps fan to praise your GM but saw this tweet and had to comment on it. What do you want to bet there are a few incorrect non-calls the other way in that 2 minutes report to make it look balanced. League does it almost every time. Those things are so bogus.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Re: Sean Marks fined and suspended for entering refs locker room 

Post#22 » by kamaze » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:18 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
kamaze wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:Graham has many flaws, but he's a tough hard nose player.

My point is, tough hard nose players are often that for a reason...they are limited in one way or fashion.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

Sean Livingston is a hard nose player he's not limited...Klay Thompson too and etc.

Graham could be their hard nosed shooting guard if they get a power forward and a center. Players come into their own in their 2nd year in the Nets system right?

Livingston IS a limited player.

And Klay Thompson will get paid max.

We will need to add tough hard nose role players and our young players will need to get stronger and get tougher on their own.

How is Sdot limited? Klay is so far from limited he's worthy of a max contract.

I agree about the team's players.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#23 » by SpeedyG » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:26 pm

kamaze wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Sean Livingston is a hard nose player he's not limited...Klay Thompson too and etc.

Graham could be their hard nosed shooting guard if they get a power forward and a center. Players come into their own in their 2nd year in the Nets system right?

Livingston IS a limited player.

And Klay Thompson will get paid max.

We will need to add tough hard nose role players and our young players will need to get stronger and get tougher on their own.

How is Sdot limited? Klay is so far from limited he's worthy of a max contract.

I agree about the team's players.

Sdot is a non factor from three point line, in an era that three point shooting is huge.

And Klay isn't limited. He's a max guy, which was my point.

You're either going to bring in role players that are tough or your core players need to be tough.

Sdot is the example of the first. Klay the 2nd.

So far, only Caris has elevated his game to handle the physicality of the playoffs. Spencer, Russell, Allen, Rodi all need to get stronger because chances are a "tough" role player won't be taking their minutes next season because they are too talented for non-star "tough" guys to outplay.

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#24 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:28 pm

The league report confirms the missed call against Tobias Harris. Wonderful.

Read on Twitter
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#25 » by gigantes » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:49 pm

Zeno wrote:Came here as a Raps fan to praise your GM but saw this tweet and had to comment on it. What do you want to bet there are a few incorrect non-calls the other way in that 2 minutes report to make it look balanced. League does it almost every time. Those things are so bogus.

Paradise wrote:The league report confirms the missed call against Tobias Harris. Wonderful.

Read on Twitter

Ruh-roh, looks like you may be right. :S

Also, if I may-- ballhandlers are frequently making funny dribbles and getting away with them, such that DWid's theoretical turnover seems like a pretty mediocre call at best. You could probably call that kind of thing every other play if you wanted to.

Fro being held at the end of the game, trying to make a play with the ball, seems like a far more obvious & high profile call to miss.
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#26 » by JoseRizal » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:50 pm

That’s my GM! Show ‘em our disgust Sean...
JoseRizal
General Manager

Post#27 » by JoseRizal » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:51 pm

gigantes wrote:
Zeno wrote:Came here as a Raps fan to praise your GM but saw this tweet and had to comment on it. What do you want to bet there are a few incorrect non-calls the other way in that 2 minutes report to make it look balanced. League does it almost every time. Those things are so bogus.

Paradise wrote:The league report confirms the missed call against Tobias Harris. Wonderful.

Read on Twitter

Ruh-roh, looks like you may be right. :S

Also, if I may-- ballhandlers are frequently making funny dribbles and getting away with them, such that DWid's theoretical turnover seems like a pretty mediocre call at best. You could probably call that kind of thing every other play if you wanted to.

Fro not being able to finish his play at the end of the game seems like a far more obvious & high profile call to miss.

Funny that even in the playoffs we’re still screwed by the f@ckin’ refs...
JoseRizal
General Manager

Post#28 » by JoseRizal » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:06 pm

Someone already has this set-up...

https://www.gofundme.com/pay-sean-marks-fine
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#29 » by gigantes » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:13 pm

JoseRizal wrote:Someone already has this set-up...

https://www.gofundme.com/pay-sean-marks-fine

Thank god. I was worried about him living in a cardboard box pretty soon.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#30 » by MGrand15 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Ignored the blatant push off by Simmons on JA that led to that Redick 3. Ridiculous they say the contact didn't effect JAs ability to get the rebound when he went flying out of position.

That essentially decided the game. We got a stop and had the rebound in hand. We would've been up 2 with the ball.
Paradise

Post#31 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:42 pm

MGrand15 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Ignored the blatant push off by Simmons on JA that led to that Redick 3. Ridiculous they say the contact didn't effect JAs ability to get the rebound when he went flying out of position.

That essentially decided the game. We got a stop and had the rebound in hand. We would've been up 2 with the ball.

LOL at the league basically trying to say “get in the weight room” to excuse a bad series of calls.

Read on Twitter
JoseRizal
General Manager

Post#32 » by JoseRizal » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:43 pm

MGrand15 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Agree. For me that was the most blatant non-call as you can seein the replay how Simmons pushed Allen to get leverage to get the ball to Redick. We also would’ve preserved the victory by not being pressured to shoot in the next possession...
JoseRizal
General Manager

Post#33 » by JoseRizal » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:47 pm

We’re being screwed since last year, about time Marks let ‘em know about it...

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-nba-team-is-wronged-by-the-refs-the-most/amp/
JoseRizal
General Manager

Post#34 » by JoseRizal » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:49 pm

Paradise wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:

Read on Twitter

LOL at the league basically trying to say “get in the weight room” to excuse a bad series of calls.

Read on Twitter

They will always find a way to justify non calls as a way to preserve the league’s integrity. Once we have a superstar in our roster, I think the calls will be more balanced.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#35 » by kamaze » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:04 pm

If you want to be upset about something be upset about the missed free throws bad calls happen in every game b.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
flavio_93
Junior
And1: 419

Post#36 » by flavio_93 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:10 pm

It’s nice that he did all of these but we are not down 3-1 because of officiating lol. We have played disgusting defense. Keep jacking up 3s and turning the ball over. Philly is way more talented and can beat us with their starters sitting out games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Post#37 » by Rich Rane » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:58 pm

kamaze wrote:If you want to be upset about something be upset about the missed free throws bad calls happen in every game b.

flavio_93 wrote:It’s nice that he did all of these but we are not down 3-1 because of officiating lol. We have played disgusting defense. Keep jacking up 3s and turning the ball over. Philly is way more talented and can beat us with their starters sitting out games.

The thing is that it's already enough that Philly is way more talented and it's already enough that Brooklyn has to overcome its own inexperience in the playoffs. The league is asking this team of guys on rookie contracts and near castoffs to overcome its terrible officials as well. I have no problem at all with Sean Marks, a general manager who has no immediate need on court or the sidelines, going off on some of sports' worst officials (and it's not even close that the NBA has the worst officials in the big 4 American leagues).
JoseRizal
General Manager

Post#38 » by JoseRizal » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:07 am

kamaze wrote:If you want to be upset about something be upset about the missed free throws bad calls happen in every game b.

For a severely underdog team like the Nets, how can you expect us to win if we get the wrong end of calls? Pound for pound we’re no match with the Sixers stacked lineup. Only way we win is to catch them on a bad shooting night, less than 100% Embiid and their lack of team chemistry... the refs blowing calls further widens the gap.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#39 » by DeRoma » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:13 am

flavio_93 wrote:It’s nice that he did all of these but we are not down 3-1 because of officiating lol. We have played disgusting defense. Keep jacking up 3s and turning the ball over. Philly is way more talented and can beat us with their starters sitting out games.

Could've easily been 2-2 series if Embiid was ejected on that flagrant 2 foul he did. He killed us on the second half. So yeah it does effect the game.
Paradise

Post#40 » by Paradise » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:13 am

DeRoma wrote:

Could've easily been 2-2 series if Embiid was ejected on that flagrant 2 foul he did. He killed us on the second half. So yeah it does effect the game.

Never forget.

Return to Brooklyn Nets